Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Diablo169

Arcane
Oh awesome it's at an EU friendly time and thankfully doesn't clash with any of the other conferences.

Stabbey

Learned
Incidentally, I don't know if Stabbey was wrong or if there was a stealth fix, but there were a few tenebrium weapons that required 4 or 5 points so that ability is all right... except for the fact that the endgame enemies have 200 resist to it and I bought an awesome tenebrium weapon just for that fight

I was probably wrong. I made that claim from a test with a Tenebrium-selling NPC in the final village, and from my own attempts to craft weapons using varying levels of Tenebrium, Blacksmithing, and Crafting skills.

That was a very good and fair review of D:OS. I'm actually a little surprised. We seem to agree on a lot of things about D:OS.

(I'm a pretty big Larian fan, but not even I liked the "find the tiny switch" puzzles.)

Some notes I took on the E3 Presentation.

• Split-screen happens automatically when chars get too far apart, looks pretty smooth.
  • New Ranger skill – Rain of Arrows, AoE skill with big radius.
  • New Rogue skill - Winged Feet - lets you pass over surfaces harmlessly
  • Grenades are in, different types (including a Charm-inflicting "Love Grenade".
  • Dual-wielding is a new ability.
  • New Weapon type - Wands for Mages (lets you also equip a shield if you want)
  • Every fight has been re-done.
  • Over 40 voice-actors (some with multiple roles) worked from January until early June to add voices to the game.
  • Backstab indicators are better. Now you can see if the destination will let you backstab before you move.
  • Charm spells can clear the Charmed status.
  • They’re thinking September-October for release... although Larian's Twitter says October-November.
  • Skill system changed a bit. There are new "Master" Skills, which I think Swen was trying to imply have separate skill slots than regular skills, and you need to achieve a certain rank in the school to learn those skills, and the higher the rank the more master skills you can learn.

I'm not sure about all of this, hopefully we'll learn more soon.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Did they mention any re-writes or the employment of a new editor?
No but the whole thing was a bit rushed. These typical game journalists that only ask about flashy bullshit didn't help plus Swen had a bit o stagefright it seemed to me

Stabbey

Learned

Thanks for that. I was able to pick up a few more things now that I could fullscreen it at high resolution and more importantly, pause.

Instead of skills having a number in the 1-20 range to denote power, Skills now seem to be in one of three categories of power: Novice, Adept, and Master.

Looking at the skillbar, there are a bunch of new icons I've never seen.
Mass Healing - Hydrosophist - "Heal all within an area [6.0 m Radius]." All I can say about that is FINALLY.
Rain of Arrows - Expert Marksman - "Let a shower of piercing arrows rain down on your enemy. Deals piercing damage to EACH enemy." Radius 4.0 m.
Winged Feet - Scoundrel - The skill that lets you float above surfaces costs 2 AP, lasts for 4 turns and has an 11 turn cooldown.
Crawling Infestation - Scoundrel - "Plant a monstrous egg in an enemy close by. Unless the target resists or succeeds a [Bodybuilding] saving throw, its mortal shell will give way to a monster as it comes out after three turns."
Netherswap - Aerothurge - "Select two characters of equal size. One of the characters can be you." Meaning, one doesn't HAVE to be you. Oh, that is so useful.
Lightning Strike has been renamed to Thunder Jump.

Storm still randomly picks 6-10 targets and does heavy damage with a chance of a one-turn stun. Oddly enough that build has 0 turn cooldown for it, which suggests you can spam it as long as you have 9 AP a turn.

You can look at your party members stats and Talents and such mid-combat, which you couldn't do before. You used to only be able to mouse over them with Ctrl and that would only work if you had high enough Loremaster.

"Beta v1.0.81.310 Classic". Presumably "Classic" refers to the game mode, and likely it retains the enemy placement and difficulty settings of the current game.

They're not even announcing their new game(s)

:|

Probably because the games are not at a stage where there's anything to show off yet. They've been working on them since August 2014 at the earliest, possibly later given how much stuff they've wanted to still do with Original Sin still. The first mention of new games in production was late December. At this point they are not even at pre-pre-alpha, so even though they're using the D:OS engine, a lot of assets would still be placeholders, maybe not fitting the design of the new game.

And so there's no point in showing things off now that are guaranteed to change.

Last edited:

likaq

Arcane
http://steamcommunity.com/app/230230/discussions/0/594820656457820554/
http://steamcommunity.com/app/230230/discussions/0/594820656457816624/
http://steamcommunity.com/app/230230/discussions/0/594820656457910253/

the only rotten thing i see is the dev putting their game who was 33% off JUST BEFORE the summer sale on DAILY DEALS for the same %

thats a huge fukc you in our faces and just for that i won't even wait for a bigger discount, im torrenting this ♥♥♥♥ , will finish this ♥♥♥♥, and will never buy

yes. i am rly mad about it

Extermination is the only answer to this fagottry.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom