Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Dishonored 2 - Emily and Corvo's Serkonan Vacation

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Bethesda: We are that butt-hurt about Fallout 4's rating on metacritic

Latelistener

Arcane
Gaming lugenpresse becoming increasingly irrelevant :incline:
868a64055ca83a7d08464b37626f28f16f1c1c8b60efe416cbeba3156da11221.gif

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Harvey Smith Reddit AMA is coming soon: https://www.reddit.com/r/dishonored/comments/59jrhj/get_your_questions_ready_ama_coming_soon_with/

Dear readers or /r/dishonored, Harvey Smith will be gracing us with his presence for an AMA the week before the release of Dishonored 2. The target date is November 3rd in the afternoon (EST) but that date and time are subject to change. Start getting your questions ready! And anyone who asks "Shall we gather for whisky and cigars tonight?" runs the risk of getting muted by yours truly :)

insukk

Augur
Patron
Codex 2012
I know that i will sound like a broken record but holy fuck, release date is in 2 weeks, they are offering preorders since forever and they still did not published official requirements of the PC version.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I know that i will sound like a broken record but holy fuck, release date is in 2 weeks, they are offering preorders since forever and they still did not published official requirements of the PC version.

It's Bethesda policy to only release system specs ~2-3 weeks before release. Pretty sure they should release them sometime this week.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Dishonored 2 – The Clockwork Soldiers: https://bethesda.net/en/article/44KDoCOhkIIOec4YweICom/dishonored-2-the-clockwork-soldiers

Dishonored 2 – The Clockwork Soldiers

Much like the ominous Tallboys in the original game, the Clockwork Soldiers have emerged as one of the biggest threats in Dishonored 2. First seen in the throne room of Dunwall Tower, these lethal opponents feel no pain and are instructed to murder without compunction.

They are technically brilliant, almost without flaw, which is to be expected. After all, they were created by Kirin Jindosh – Grand Inventor to the Duke of Serkonos, and Anton Sokolov’s brightest pupil. Jindosh built the Clockwork Soldiers to provide estate security for aristocrats in the Duke’s circle, and to bolster the Grand Serkonan Guard, but Jindosh faces two challenges before his machines become more prevalent: time and money. For now, each Clockwork Soldier costs a fortune to make, funded by the Duke’s taxes and private sales by special appointment to the very wealthy. Eventually, if the Duke’s plans are carried out, Jindosh will find a way to construct each Clockwork Solider for a fraction of the cost, in much less time. This is a challenge that even Kirin Jindosh is struggling to overcome.

Dishonored2_Lab_730x411.jpg

Mercifully for Emily Kaldwin (or Corvo Attano), this means there are only a handful of working models, most of which are guarding Jindosh in his mansion. Even so, the Clockwork Soldiers are a problematic foe, immune to most supernatural powers of the Void and capable of carving up enemies at close range, or burning targets to ash at a distance.

A WORTHY ADVERSARY

When it comes to confronting the Clockwork Soldiers, there’s a lot to consider. For starters, these foes are decked out with expensive optics, which allow them to see in front and behind, simultaneously. Don’t get too close… unless you know what you’re doing. Being speared by just one of those four razor-sharp blades is an unsightly death that no hero deserves to suffer. As mentioned, Clockwork Soldiers can also emit an electro-shock with a surprising wide range, which inflicts severe damage.

Dishonored2_ClockworkSoldier_730x411.jpg

In terms of cat-and-mouse gameplay, the Clockwork Soldiers are at least as formidable as the Tallboys from Corvo’s previous campaign against the Dunwall City Watch. Brute force and firepower only get you so far against a Clockwork Soldier, unless you have certain weapon upgrades. With cunning (or a rewire tool), they can be circumnavigated, or artfully led astray. You may resort to using explosives or placing electrical mines to stop this machine threat before realizing that there are more effectual methods. Discovering how to exploit the few weaknesses of these polished, well-oiled sentinels is the key to turning the tables on Jindosh. (Hint: A letter from Third Lieutenant Fiora Diaz contains all you need to know, though first you’ll need to find it…)

Dishonored 2 – Customization Guide: https://bethesda.net/en/article/5zSZpKeADKc806yOEuk8Qk/dishonored-2-customization-guide

Dishonored 2 – Customization Guide

Corvo or Emily. Stealthy or overt. Deadly or non-lethal. These big choices are at the heart of Dishonored 2 – but just like the game’s rich setting, there’s so much more lurking right beneath the surface. Dishonored 2 also abounds with additional layers of player freedom thanks to its wealth of customization options. Which powers will you choose? How will you upgrade those powers? Which Bone Charms will you activate? And how will you modify your weapons?

Dishonored2_CorvoEmily_730x411.jpg

It’s all part of Arkane’s goal to empower players to take an improvisational approach to almost any situation in Dishonored 2. “We’re not just setting up a room-hallway-room-hallway situation where a player follows along a beaten path and at the right moment they see a particular scripted scene and they get to the end of the game just like everyone else,” says Creative Director Harvey Smith. “We set up a space – above them, behind them, to the sides of them, in front of them – and try to simulate as much of it as possible. Then we try to give the player enough ‘flexible verbs,’ and turn them loose to play at their own pace.”

With Dishonored 2 releasing globally on November 11 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, here’s a sneak peek at some of the new customization options in the game.

PLAYING WITH POWERS

In Dishonored 1, you took on the role of Corvo Attano, the Royal Protector who was framed for the assassination of Empress Jessamine Kaldwin. Early in the game, Corvo is marked by the Outsider and granted supernatural powers. You could then customize your experience by using Runes to purchase additional powers and upgrades.

In Dishonored 2, one of the first choices you’ll make is whether to play as Corvo or Empress Emily Kaldwin. While Emily has her own set of unique powers – offering a completely novel experience – Corvo also has something new to offer. “We not only wanted to see Corvo’s original powers come to life in our new engine,” says Lead Designer Dinga Bakaba. “We also focused on developing interesting tweaks or improvements to every single one of them.”

Dishonored2_RatSwarm_730x411.jpg

These improvements come in the form of a full upgrade tree (in contrast to a single upgrade for each power). “We did a lot of brainstorming about how we would upgrade the powers, how we wanted to see them change and evolve,” Smith says. “Take a power like Possession, which was a fan favorite from Dishonored 1. It allows the player to get into a lot of trouble and approach situations in a lot of interesting ways.” In Dishonored 2, Corvo can now upgrade this ability so he can possess sleeping people, or possess corpses, or chain from possession to possession. “We’ve gone deeper on the upgrade tree,” Smith continues. “So players who like that power from Dishonored 1 are really going to love it in Dishonored 2.”

Same goes for Emily, who also has full upgrade trees for her powers. “It’s not only about expanding the powers, but expanding them in ways that are fun – that allow for creative play,” Bakaba says. One example that Bakaba shared: He’s seen playtesters upgrade Domino – which links together the fates of two characters – so they can connect multiple characters, then summon a Doppelganger, link their own double to several enemies, and kill their Doppelganger to take out their foes. “It’s mind-blowing what our playtesters have already done with her powers,” Bakaba laughs.

Also noteworthy: While some powers roughly correlate to each other (Emily’s Far Reach and Corvo’s Blink are both mobility powers, though they have some significant differences), most are unique to each character. Emily’s Domino, for example, is unlike anything in Corvo’s arsenal. She also has Mesmerize, which will put characters into a temporary stupor. While this one might seem similar to Corvo’s Bend Time (which slows and even stops time), the differences are substantial. “Whenever a character is out of the effect of Mesmerize, he loses his short-term memory,” Bakaba explains. “So he basically doesn’t even remember that he was in combat with you one second before. That’s not the case with Bend Time. You cannot erase people’s memory.”

Dishonored2_Mesmerize_730x411.jpg

Of course, those seeking a different kind of challenge can choose to have no powers at all – an option woven into the game’s story that’s triggered by refusing the Outsider’s gift. “You say no to the Outsider,” explains Level Design Director Christophe Carrier. “What does it mean for you? It means that you won’t have any powers throughout the game. And for us level designers, it means that you should be able to do everything the other guys could do with the powers, but it will be more difficult. You have to go through – or around – more enemies. Or you have to find a solution to a puzzle. Or you have to find hidden pathways. It was a very big challenge for us, but at the end of the day you can finish the game without any powers.”

BONECHARM CRAFTING

Bonecharms also return from the first Dishonored. These carved pieces of whalebone are often carried by superstitious sailors as a means of protection – or just to keep them warm at night. But for Corvo or Emily, Bonecharms have real power. And now, in Dishonored 2, those powers have been extended and enhanced as well.

“We really like Bonecharms as a small way to add to your character,” Smith says. “Let’s say you find yourself swimming a lot, or you possess animals, or you like to leap onto people from great heights. However you play, whatever you find yourself doing a lot, there’s generally a Bonecharm you can find that will augment it.”

New to Dishonored 2 is Bonecharm crafting – an ability you can purchase with Runes you acquire in the world. “Bonecharm crafting isn’t available by default,” Bakaba explains. “So investing in crafting – or not – is yet another character customization choice.”

“You can acquire Bonecharms in the world, sacrifice them, and then use the raw whalebone and the traits to make your own,” Smith explains. “Some of them are quite powerful, especially if you put them in combination with other Bonecharms and the powers that you’ve upgraded.”

While you can harvest only one trait from each Bonecharm, you can eventually upgrade your crafting skills so you can create Bonecharms with up to four traits – including the option to stack the same trait. “You can make Bonecharms that are really cool and complement the way you play,” Smith says. Plus, if you upgrade your gear, you can carry more Bonecharms, giving you additional flexibility to enhance your playstyle – even swapping out Bonecharms as needed when facing specific situations.

Dishonored2_Outsider_730x411.jpg

Just be warned: Depending on how you craft your Bonecharms, you might end up with a Corrupted Bonecharm, which will carry both positive and negative traits. Craft wisely – and be on the lookout for Black Bonecharms as well…

MASTERWORK UPGRADES

As before, you can upgrade your tools, weapons and gadgets. Your crossbow can become more powerful, or fire different bolts. You can extend the radius of your spring razor mine. You can invest in your boots to enhance your stealth. But Dishonored 2 also introduces a new level of upgrade: Masterworks.

Dishonored2_CorvoEmilySword_730x321.jpg

First, though, you have to find the right Masterwork Blueprint. Then you’ll have a choice to make – and when it comes to the crossbow and pistol, these choices are unique for Emily or Corvo. For example, if you find the Masterwork Blueprint for Emily’s gun, you can upgrade it so it shoots with bursts of three bullets at a time – or you can make it fully automatic, so you’ll never have to reload. “You can actually turn it into a named weapon,” Bakaba says.

And if you find the same blueprint for Corvo’s gun, your choice is between a sniper rifle (scope and all) – or a short-range but powerful shotgun. “This time the final upgrade layer is unique to each character,” Bakaba says. “It’s a really interesting way to give them each their own personality.”

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
PC System Requirements released:

https://bethesda.net/en/article/4ni...ishonored-2-gone-gold-and-system-requirements

Minimum:

Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit versions)
Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320 or better
8 GB RAM
60 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB or better
Contains a single disc
Download of additional files from Steam is required to run the game
Requires Steam activation

Recommended:

Windows 10 (64-bit versions)
Intel Core i7-4770/AMD FX-8350 or better
16 GB RAM
60 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB/AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB or better
Contains a single disc
Download of additional files from Steam is required to run the game
Requires Steam activation

PC Drivers:

NVIDIA: 375.70
AMD: 16.10.2

PC ADVANCED SETTINGS

Visual Settings

Adaptive Resolution
Gamma
Window Mode / Borderless / Fullscreen
V-Sync
Texture Details
Models Details
Environmental Details
Antialiasing
Rat Shadows
Bloodfly Shadows
Water Quality
Shadow Quality
View Distance
Video Card Selection
Resolution
Monitor Selection
Field of Vision

Hardware NVidia Specifics

HBAO+
TXAA
Surround technology
Ansel

Rat shadows fuck yeah!

Garrettt

Educated
I guess Bethesda weren't lying when they said they were going to turn Dishonored into a full on franchise, the amount of books, comics, artwork, maps, t-shirts, game trailers, live action videos & ads coming out it's crazy how much they've put into this world.

I think it's great on one level but another part of me is worried that this game wont meet what their expectations are... I'm a fan of Dishonored 1 and the DLC's and I think I will enjoy Dishonored 2 of what i've seen but I also don't think it's going to pull in crazy sales like say Fallout or Elder scrolls has which I feel had equal parts marketing given to it.

Also I have a foreboding feeling that they're going to kill off Corvo at the end of Dishonored 2 and Emily will be the new pathway forward.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I guess Bethesda weren't lying when they said they were going to turn Dishonored into a full on franchise, the amount of books, comics, artwork, maps, t-shirts, game trailers, live action videos & ads coming out it's crazy how much they've put into this world.

I think it's great on one level but another part of me is worried that this game wont meet what their expectations are... I'm a fan of Dishonored 1 and the DLC's and I think I will enjoy Dishonored 2 of what i've seen but I also don't think it's going to pull in crazy sales like say Fallout or Elder scrolls has which I feel had equal parts marketing given to it.

Also I have a foreboding feeling that they're going to kill off Corvo at the end of Dishonored 2 and Emily will be the new pathway forward.

It doesn't need to sell such crazy numbers to be a viable franchise. Bethesda's internal studios aren't some Ubisoft/EA-sized bloatware SJW armies.

Also they don't need to kill off Corvo; the man's already old enough to retire from his gig and his daughter the Empress bitch can perfectly take care of herself.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
More Beth.net updates.

Dishonored 2 – Propaganda and Advertisement Gallery: https://bethesda.net/en/article/4fB...onored-2-propaganda-and-advertisement-gallery

Dishonored 2 – Emily Kaldwin Actor Interview: https://bethesda.net/en/article/1RBxEAo0UgYw88QEuk4OeI/dishonored-2-emily-kaldwin-actor-interview

Is Myron voicing the Outsider? or whoever that is in that trailer?

The Outsider voiced by Robin Lord Taylor (of Penguin in Gotham TV series).

In the meantime the original voice actor Billy "TrannyDestroyer" Lush has been complaining about it in Dishonored subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/TrannyDestroyer

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom