Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Prime Junta
Kyl Von Kull

You two are the biggest fanboys ive seen in a while.

Now you even changed your avatars.

:decline:

We’re the biggest fanboys you’ve seen in a while? Dude, read the Black Geyser thread. There are people jizzing all over a game where the most recent video was a three minute explanation of the herb drying system. A third rate Baldur’s Gate knockoff with a pitch that reads like it was written by a twelve year old and people are clamoring for a fucking fundraiser. Allah forbid anyone here get excited about a game that’s actually exciting.

When every other developer making isometric RPGs is merely trying recapture the old infinity engine magic, I tip my hat to anyone who will flat out admit that they’re aiming to make something better than Planescape: Torment.

I haven’t been this enthusiastic about an upcoming title since 1997; I think that’s a good sign.

tl;dr
cffcc12aff33ba6ea8733d636c216de1.jpg

Big Wrangle

I'm pretty sure the hype for Black Geyser is mostly ironic, because we're getting a B-RPG based on what the devs shared about the game prior to Kickstarter.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm a little scared of going full hype after what happened with ELEX around here
Hey new guy, you gotta would be well served by expending the time and effort necessary to learn the difference between real talk and a Codex meme. ELEX was a meme, hastily propped up as a new deity after Grimoire's release left a gaping void in some folks' need to ironically idolize a mediocre RPG. No Truce/DE is the opposite of a meme: a substantial effort to innovate and make a game that's worthwhile, that's been independently examined and found sound. To be sure, it may fall short, and there may be some jokes now about how it will save the world ... but on balance the enthusiasm here is authentic.

That said ... never hurts to be cautious.

Last edited:

Master

Arbiter
Prime Junta
Kyl Von Kull

We’re the biggest fanboys you’ve seen in a while? Dude, read the Black Geyser thread. There are people jizzing all over a game where the most recent video was a three minute explanation of the herb drying system. A third rate Baldur’s Gate knockoff with a pitch that reads like it was written by a twelve year old and people are clamoring for a fucking fundraiser. Allah forbid anyone here get excited about a game that’s actually exciting.

When every other developer making isometric RPGs is merely trying recapture the old infinity engine magic, I tip my hat to anyone who will flat out admit that they’re aiming to make something better than Planescape: Torment.

I haven’t been this enthusiastic about an upcoming title since 1997; I think that’s a good sign.

tl;dr

Ok but its too much. You are now like sidekicks of some highschool primadona, following her, dressing like her, agreeing with everything she says. Its not healthy behavior.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Prime Junta
Kyl Von Kull

tl;dr

Ok but its too much. You are now like sidekicks of some highschool primadona, following her, dressing like her, agreeing with everything she says. Its not healthy behavior.
I bet you want to be their Master instead? :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom