Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 3 - Reaper of Idiots

Castanova

Prophet
Got a Crusader to level 15 before quitting. Good lord what a boring class! I was in a game with a level 15 Monk and he was zipping around with Dash, killing everyone before I could even catch up. Then I unlock that Steed spell and it lasts for 2 seconds with a 25 second cooldown. Are you fucking kidding me?

I am enjoying Adventure Mode with my legacy characters though.

Psquit

Arcane
I got 3 legendaries out of a boss

Relax.png

TedNugent

Arcane
Not buying this shit in spite of the myriad of legitimate improvements to the loot/level progression system/itemization.

Reason being, no point. The game is devoid of a soul or a purpose.

7/10

Learned
Legendary droprates are pretty ridiculous TBH. I'm currently slogging through the old campaign with a brand-new Crusader, without using any pre-existing gear. I'm level 42 and I currently have three legendaries equipped (more than my main) and found at least ten usable ones so far. All before even finishing Act 3. I have switched to Master difficulty at the beginning of Act II and so far, I'm not really having much trouble, because I'm getting a new legendary weapon every 10-levels or so. The game is actually reasonably challenging for once, without being a pain in the ass, like the pre-nerf Inferno.

I think Blizzard went overboard in the opposite direction. Legendaries no longer feel unique and for a loot based game, there aren't really that many of them - the number of endgame items you can use with a single class is fairly limited. I've bought ROS against my better judgement and I'll be damned if it's still alive 2 months from now, given the bland and unrewarding itemization.

TLDR: I've paid Blizzard for a 30-hour single-player game. FML

Drew

Savant
I hate to say it, but doesn't it being a 30 hour single player game make it one of the better single player games to come out recently?

7/10

Learned
I hate to say it, but doesn't it being a 30 hour single player game make it one of the better single player games to come out recently?

A tad expensive for a single player game though, considering that I've bought both D3 and RoS at full price, which is something I tend to avoid as much as possible.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I think Blizzard went overboard in the opposite direction. Legendaries no longer feel unique

They sure don't but for me their current drop rate is perfect - because they're still kindda shitty, even after two years of polishing and tinkering. Yes they added new and interesting perks but most of them are still basically better uniques. In other words - as long as legendary are bsb they should drop more often.

Interestingly though I still haven't found any greens yet (halfway through the A3), I wonder if they're supposed to be rarer than legends. If so then it doesn't make much sense since you'd now need to farm the shit out of the game to have a remote chance to find a whole set.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Interestingly though I still haven't found any greens yet (halfway through the A3), I wonder if they're supposed to be rarer than legends. If so then it doesn't make much sense since you'd now need to farm the shit out of the game to have a remote chance to find a whole set.
set items only drop in torment, except recipes to craft sets.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Oh ok.

Btw their drop rate in torment is what, about the same as the legends?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Oh ok.

Btw their drop rate in torment is what, about the same as the legends?
dunno but I don't see myself collecting a set.

I dunno about sets only dropping in Torment, I picked up a set amulet in normal. Admittedly it was ilvl 69, and not super great, and only part of a 2 piece set, but still. Otoh I've found a much more legendaries and some of them are actually fun. I've got some boots that leave behind a trail of burning flame for enemies, pants that cause damage in a radius, and gloves that give me a 10% speed boost.

Black

Arcane
Only highest level sets drop on torment only. So far got one of each of the two sets for my wizard. The one that grants your archon every rune sounds dope.
Also, just got an oculus.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Legendary drop rate is just fine. I've been playing way too much and this is where I'm at, mostly farming torment 3:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/GayLussac-1605/hero/41371089 (*this doesn't show stats altered by the mystic)

Bear in mind that a lot of the legendaries you'll get will be thrash, specially if you don't have an alt. Besides, without the auction house, if the drop rate wasn't what it is it would be nigh impossible to collect a full set.
Also, how can someone say the itemization is bland with so many unique effects on items?

The coolest thing right now is that I fell like I'm being rewarded for skillfull building and playing.

Don't trust the sheet damage kids, you need to really work the system to get the best results: loaded for bear amped by over 80% from handpicked items, cost reduced by 40%, and a slow firing high base damage 2handed crossbow + 3 damage passives since you only need awareness and stutter stepping to survive: melting mobs and soloing torment 4. That's why I still keep a couple of items that aren't even lvl 70.

How much can you trust the built in damage calculator for items? I've got an item that's +10% fire damage, but that doesn't seem reflected on the estimated damage when you mouse over it to compare with other items.

My survivability is fine for Torment (4.4 million toughness), but damage is a problem with Witch Doctor (only 300k) even with Pierce the Veil.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Occ-1205/hero/3576717

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
my hardcore wiz: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/phanto-2208/hero/35739683

the armory/profile thingy is fucked up tho. it doesn't seem to show re-rolls, and I've rerolled like all my items. that socket on the ring is actually a +6% crit. my DPS is over 650k buffed and my toughness around 8 mil buffed.
could have way higher DPS if it wasn't for the necessary hardcore mode skills.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom