Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Decline 20: Dominions 5: Defenders of the Faith

What era we play in?

• MA

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • EA

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • LA

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

Trash Player

Scholar
All this subbing talk is a bit boring.

Let's do some interesting brainstorming instead. Like for example how would you stop thirty awe and luck blessed Knights of Chalice.
Looks like almost everyone is ok with me subbing, very well, I will whip some monkeys.
Helmet of Heroes and Horn of Valor are native morale increases. May ask Ulm for the former and then some. Are your troops worth it is a question, though.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Let's do some interesting brainstorming instead. Like for example how would you stop thirty awe and luck blessed Knights of Chalice.

1454116692603.jpg

Looks like almost everyone is ok with me subbing, very well, I will whip some monkeys.
Helmet of Heroes and Horn of Valor are native morale increases. May ask Ulm for the former and then some. Are your troops worth it is a question, though.

I'll use your stock mail, the one you gave me for TC.

EDIT: Send a turn for TC, trash player. Please. I'll add some hours to the counter.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
thirty awe and luck blessed Knights of Chalice

I'd personally go with mass stellar cascades and the occasional thunderstrike with chaff or elemental support. Ball lightning is also very good vs fast approaching targets and in pursue of the true spirit of Dominions, adds an element of WTF? to the whole combat...

Last edited:

Trash Player

Scholar
Air Elementals are great but they might suffer from magic weapons. Cascades are out, chorus is not S access, just communions. Evo spam has the luck problem. Overall Elementals are the best bet.
I am surprised a vet like Lizzurd will go with something that counterable. It is kinda worthless against summon strats.
Maybe he is betting on diplo and scripting magic.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Emphasis on I

:smug:

Edit: Ball lightning is multi-hit. It performs decently vs luck, but you'll need a shock resistant front or disposable chaff.

sqeecoo

Arcane
What about some swarms to tie them up and simple lighting spam?

Trash Player

Scholar
Even swarms might do it. They are like the best thing for this job: armor-negating, mindless morale, many hits.

Dayyālu

Arcane
The Senate and the People of Sceleria have declared a state of emergency, and sent a pacification force to the land of Tien'Chi. The reports of citizen being oppressed by unfair taxes and Death dominion bleeding through our borders have been proven correct, and a small force of peaceful skellitons (and a minimal number of living soldiers as caretakers) has been sent to restore peace and order and to help the peaceful Tien'Chi farmers to better grow rice for the next harvest.

E4SF7YrdXe-4.png

We come in peace, do not resist. We can't guarantee your safety if you resist, the skellitons are all about the harvest and crops.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
The Animal Kingdoms clash.

The bipolar personality disorder Patalan king has invaded the peaceful spider niggers of Machaka - the resulting war shall be known as the beast wars.

kOYDRCT.png

Patalan forces begin the battle by casting communions and sending their best troops forward, while the Machakan army sends an exotic array of zoo animals to fight the elite tiger riders and elephants.

VpKdKC3.jpg

The center of the battle field becomes a nebula of poisonous gases and webs

3YSoSRH.png

Most of the Patalan army gets destroyed after being trapped, slept, poisoned and burned to death
2iZKDn5.png

However a few make it past the main fray and attack Machaka's commanders at the back - little did they know, Machakan archers have learned the forbidden art of perpendicular projectile projection
Ej0cdyG.png

Little did they know - the only man protecting the Machakan rear is the prophet himself - Alfanist - king of the sand niggers.

hkhKhuO.png
GZ5cuKY.png

Summary - in that battle I lost starting prophet, 2 sacreds and some chaff

I didn't need to use any mages! (except a few)

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Who was playing Bandar Log? The idea was to provoke Machaka into attacking BL's home turf.

First, BL sieged Machaka's fort immidiately after declaring war. Next turn Machaka moved her army towards the sieging forces of BL, but they have already retreated, at the same time sending merc groups to raid other Machaka's provinces.

Lulling Machaka into false sense of incoming victory, BL's army should have stayed put, defended by PD, and sending reinforcements from the cap nearby. And only after beating Machaka's main army they should have attempted proper invasion.

I mean, there was no chance to beat Machaka head-on. Obviously BL was way inferior in every possible way.

Still. Good job, Isiloon. It takes some balls to send such a force without mage support.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I thought Bandar log was controlled by Grimwulf so they were going to do some tricky shit - like raiding my lab without a fortress was annoying.

But having no spells in combat except communion sleeping clouds... with shitty troops - i thought it was an attack out of spite, or in coordination with a 3rd party - too sloppy for a normal Grimwulf attack

I considered Machaka would retreat and bait me - but since I had bumped into their army before, I knew that the 40-50 riders was basically their main army.

Since I was under the impression it was going to be vs Grimwulf and he attacked me with an obviously weaker force, I thought he must be trolling.

Last edited:

Trash Player

Scholar
It was me. I took the game from Grimwulf, checked the pretender, realized the frustration of my predecessor, and promptly send the blob to its death.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Raw should be considered an element of the game, not a player. He adds another level of randomness!
When a new game starts, and we discuss options and settings, it should go like this:

-Age?
-Magic research?
-Random Events?
-Raw?

Dayyālu

Arcane
The helpful relief Scelerian relief corps have at last managed to reach the Imperial Capital of Tien'Chi. The skellitons and their caretakers are suitably impressed by the massive buildings, and hope that their hard work will help feed the starving masses.

forbidden-city.jpg

The Battle for Grain is in full swing! Let no one be idle in this sad age of famine. With winter incoming and most communication routes blocked, the people need food and wood to sustain themselves!

battwheat1.jpg

Even the Lictors, most esteemed protectors of the Scelerian State, approve of the new foreign policy evolution. Not violence, but peaceful cooperation! Let us all do something to help!

(FFS 10 Inv Flaming Weapon sacreds can be suboptimal in the lategame but goddammit when they'll impact on my skellitons it will be brutal. Thank God for winter and reduced mobility)

mondblut

Arcane
WTF, indy tritons attack my provinces third turn in row! It's a fucking indy invasion!

Elsewhere, a governor of Junal Forest thought to prepare for coming war by hiring twoscore mercenaries:

S9A137Z.png

Good luck there, governor of Junal Forest. Afraid you'll be on your own there, unless you teach them to swim :roll:

Elsewhere, it has come to our attention that certain very gay people are illegally camping on the Ys beach property. The noise they make while partying every night is scaring the fishes, and the amount of extra thick condoms they dispose of in the water is enough to cause ecological disaster. Measures were taken to remove the trespassers.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Why the fuck would Yomi attack me with a bunch of turtles - no of course I will not let you hold that province you cock brain.

Anyone accepting bribes to raid Yomi?

Also keen to buy information about good places to cast rituals at them.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Beat me to it. I need a few hours extension too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom