Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[CYOA?] Let's Play Space Rangers text adventures

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That was a mighty fine leg sweep! :greatjob:
Diehar_combat2.jpg

Is that enough, or do we go XTREME on its metal ass?

lightbane

Arcane
Hit him at waist level. Let's not go full retard while we're literally submerged into a pool of emotion-altering drugs.

Nevill

Arcane
Let's not go full retard while we're literally submerged into a pool of emotion-altering drugs.
Aww. But I like the description:
Oh, what the hell, you think and attempt to make a berserk cry. You remember then that you are in a liquid and are breathing through a mask, so you abandon the idea and throw yourself at the target in complete silence.

You roll on the bottom of the pool and hit each other with fists. At last, the Peleng gives up, he jerks and retreats to the opening in the wall. This is a victory that inspires you to new heights.

But really, you feel terrible... Everything is aching. The only good thing is that you have completely adjusted to moving in this unnatural medium.
No drastic morale increase for us. No precise motion control, either. :(
Diehar_combat3.jpg

The final test is upon us! Sure, we feel ill, our body aches all over, and our heart beats irregularly, but these minor setbacks would not make us pussy out just before the finish line... or would they?!

Nevill

Arcane
The Codex never gives up. We are going for the final stretch! :salute:
Diehar_combat4.jpg

We are alone. Forgotten. Abandoned. No one will ever come for us. No one will find us. We are doomed. :negative:
And our back is itching. :argh:
Diehar_combat5.jpg

Say, how badly do you want your reward? :M
Maybe it isn't worth it at all? Maybe we should run away like a little scared emo bitch, and never look back except for when we need to caress our PTSD?
Are those our feels that are crushinhg our chest, or is it just pressure?

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Real men never give up in the face of death. They reload their last save done before dying instead. :troll:
Lie still and wait for the drug-induced hallucinations.

MZeta

Scholar
Never give up. We need the $ and by the will of the codex, we shall have it!

Nevill

Arcane
Well, don't you chicken out on me, Codex! I believe in you!
2015_10_05_210906.jpg

Lazy to the end! Millions of credits and 72 Maloqi virgins will await the faithul in Paradise!

lightbane

Arcane
Never give up. We need the $ and by the will of the codex, we shall have it!

That. It's not like a bunch of scientists would kill a would-be galactic hero in the name of SCIENCE!, right? Or, at least, not purposely. :M

In other words, let them finish that totally harmless experiment by lying still.

Nevill

Arcane
Well, okay. Let's discover the true nature of the 'cardiogenic effect' the scientists were so eager to test! FOR SCIENCE!

Oh.
Diehard_03.jpg

Codex, I am appalled at the depths of the betrayal! :argh:
2015_10_05_232050.jpg

They were just peaceful scientists who dindu nuffin! They were only thinking of the children! How could you put them all on death row! For shame, Codex!!

I hope your death was a painful one. You completely deserved it. :rpgcodex:

Alright, so I guess we can start voting on the new adventure using this list for reference. You all have 3 votes. The first one scores 3 points, the next one 2, and the last one gets 1. The adventure that scores most will be the one we play next.

SR1: Construction/Hachball/Murder/Tomb/Boat/Energy
SR2: A bad day/Banquet/Borzukhan/Disk/Driver/Edelweiss/Sibulosovt/Xenopark

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Don't we get a chance to retry the adventure? We did so for the previous one at least.
Anyway, I vote for Xenopark, Driver and Borzhuckan.

Nevill

Arcane
There isn't much to retry. The three screenshots before the last one had the game make checks based on our remaining stats. If you pass, you are offered an option to get up and climb out of the pool. You failed the first one, but succeeded on the last two. If you get up at the very last choice, you suffer from a heart failure on your way back, but since you went about the testing semi-rationally, you can still succeed if you get up when you are first offered to.

I'll post the solution tomorrow.

Nevill

Arcane
Ok, so the 'canon' resolution:
Diehar_End1.jpg

:hmmm:
Diehar_End2.jpg

:neveraskedforthis:
Diehar_End3.jpg

:avatard:
Diehar_End4.jpg

:hero:
Diehar_End5.jpg

:australia:
Note the deteriorating condition of our body. It is possible to have your will completely broken during the mission (and thus unable to get up), or not having enough motion control to press the button right away.

Other 'endings' include:
Suddenly you feel that your strength is at an end. Your feet no longer hold you, you fall down and realise that you cannot move. With much work the attendants bring you back to your senses. You apologise for failing the experiment and leave the laboratory not feeling very well at all.

You get crazy and start acting weirdly throwing yourself at the walls and wildly waving your arms. Then you fall on the floor and start shaking as if you have epilepsy. With some hard work the attendants bring you back to your senses. You apologise for failing the experiment and leave the laboratory.

You are feeling dizzy, your stomach burns and your chest aches. Finally you succumb to the pain and lose consciousness. With hard work the attendants bring you back to your senses. You apologise for failing the experiment and leave the laboratory almost unable to walk.

Suddenly you feel excruciating pain in your chest. It lasts a few seconds and then you fall dead. A sudden and horrible heart attack has ended your life.

And finally,
Diehar_End6.jpg
It should be pretty obvious how to get them.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Not many votes, and all are for different things. For the moment it looks like
1) Xenopark/Construction/Hachball
2) Driver/Murder
3) Borzukhan/Tomb
I'll wait for a few hours and if there are no more votes I'll throw a die and start a new one.

Nevill

Arcane
Alright.

1) Xenopark
2) Construction
3) Hachball

Hachball it is. :salute:

Nevill

Arcane
Adventure IV. Hachball.

We are hired to coach a team after the tragic accident claimed the life of the previous one. What a rare thing to happen on a Pelengan planet.
Hach1.jpg

Let's see if we fare any better than Zumakka on a Maloqi planet. Pelengs are less likely to tear one's head off - well, not openly, at least - so we should, in theory, be safe. Safer.
Hach2.jpg

Hmph, people don't seem to have much faith in us. We'll show them yet!
Hach3.jpg

Still more meaningful choices than the ones in ME3. :M

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom