Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CRPGAddict

Mustawd

Isn't that the one where you literally run everywhere and it looks really boring?

Like 80% of the game is running around, no?

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Isn't that the one where you literally run everywhere and it looks really boring?

I've a friend who every year boots up his A1200 and plays through it. I've tried to get him medicated.

Last edited:

Leitz

Learned
CRPG Addict was alway weird, but still the best Hardcore player. You have to start realizing now, that humans never do just what you want.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

He's spending hundreds of hours slogging his way through Fate: Gates of Dawn; I think he can spare the dozen or so hours required for The Faery Tale Adventure.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well I for one love your blog and while I despise Trump there is a time and a place for everything and talking politics on a gaming blog you only invite people to get aggravated about

duanth123

Arcane
Some of the comments above have been enlightening, though. I guess I need to regard this site more like Reddit--chaotic, little moderator control, silence not necessarily indicating approval--rather than the more close-knit community that I've always thought it was.

You seem to be a rather consistent victim of your own expectations.

Your Trump comment was pretty terrible though and you should feel bad about it

Like when you expected that embarrassing attempt to wax political on your RPG blog, in the course of which you told people of a different political persuasion that for such a reason alone they were not welcome on your RPG blog, would "not make this a debate", in your words.

I'll leave commenting open because it's only fair. Just as in the regular posts, offensive comments with obscenities or insults get deleted.

In fact, you act like a petty, would-be tyrant yourself, too afraid of unfiltered criticism, which is, to say the least, ironic.

People ask why I don't participate here. This is why. These are games. Why do you all like to get together and call each other horrible things over games?

GET A FUCKING CLUE.

We do both. We talk about games and insult each other, because insults, witty quips, profane inside jokes, and whatever else must keep you awake in the dead of night about our site are a byproduct of free, honest discussion.

The exact sort of discussion that you seem to otherwise appreciate and which, by my lights, is totally neutered by the childish manner in which you moderate the feedback on your own site. Not that such behavior would in any way differentiate you from most other gaming blogs/websites. Hmm...a pattern, a blueprint emerging.

People like you bother me, all woe-is-me when you have clearly (and I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're not just dense about this issue) not put much thought into these questions you ask.

Last edited:

duanth123

Arcane
But I wish I'd listened to those of you who told me not to play it at all. I'm deleting the rest of the series from my game list, and I will not be playing any more games that feature sexual assault as a primary game element. The only time I ever want to see Rance again is in a game in which I--preferably playing a female PC--get to kill him.

:roll:

Looks like we have ourselves another Jeff Vogel situation - a man inimical to alternative perspectives, yet posturing like some great thinker.

Noddy

Augur
CRPGAddict can you please add Sengoku Rance to your playlist? It's a later game in the series and Rance has matured as person. He spends the game seeking to atone to womankind for his past lusty ways. I think you could really enjoy it and it absolutely has none of the rape that (quite rightly) put you off the first game.

Proof:

Gunnar

Arbiter
But I wish I'd listened to those of you who told me not to play it at all. I'm deleting the rest of the series from my game list, and I will not be playing any more games that feature sexual assault as a primary game element. The only time I ever want to see Rance again is in a game in which I--preferably playing a female PC--get to kill him.

:roll:

Looks like we have ourselves another Jeff Vogel situation - a man inimical to alternative perspectives, yet posturing like some great thinker.

He's your typical leftist academic. Furiously virtue signalling at every opportunity and if you don't agree with his extremist viewpoints, his first instinct is to censor, exile, ban and retreat to his safe space.

crpgaddict said:
But I suppose if the content doesn't offend you... please feel free not to comment on my blog.

If you don't agree with him, if you aren't offended even - you aren't welcome. It's the same thing he said about his political viewpoint. If you don't 100% agree with everything he says, he doesn't want to talk to you.

rezaf

Cipher
a lot of us here are 20 and 30 something, and we genuinely talk like that with our friends. I call my friends retarded all the time

OT: This reminded me of some wisdom I heard a while back about differences and similarities between genders.
When men are amongst themselves, they'll call each other names, but they don't really mean it.
When women are amongst themselves, they'll compliment each other, but they don't really mean it either. :P

:Flash:

Arcane
I always love the attitude over here. "Hey, here's a guy posting every couple of days on a subject we all claim to care about." "Let's tear him down as much as possible!"

I am just a guy who really enjoys RPGs and likes to write about them. You don't have to enjoy or even read my blog, but do you think maybe "douche" and "retarded" and "pure shit" and whatever are, I don't know, a little harsh when we're talking about a hobby that we all enjoy?

People ask why I don't participate here. This is why. These are games. Why do you all like to get together and call each other horrible things over games? I've disagreed with lots of commenters on my blog, but I don't think I've ever sworn at them or called them "retarded."
I dislike the name-calling on the codex as much as you do, but what you don't seem to understand is that the codex is, ultimately, a very tolerant place, and the people on the codex are more tolerant than on seemingly more friendly communities.
The codex is one of the few places on the net where Traditionalist Catholics will chat with Trannies, Nazis chat with Jews and fans of Skyrim chat with fans of Arcanum. Most other places congratulate themselves on how progressive they are, but ban anyone who doesn't fit in. I remember when felipepepe got banned from another forum for calling himself a newfag, whereas on the codex everyone calls everyone a fag, but the codex is the place with the gay relationship thread.

I enjoy reading from people with a wide variety of opinions, whereas you don't even want people with different opinions to read what you write.

Keep up the great work with your blog, even if by reading it I violate your terms of use.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I was a bit shocked at first with all the name calling here in the Codex, but ultimately I found it refreshing from all the touchy feely bullshit from other forums like Bethesda's
I rather have that than a place where you cannot even post a thread on nudity in Daggerfall without getting banned

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I always love the attitude over here. "Hey, here's a guy posting every couple of days on a subject we all claim to care about." "Let's tear him down as much as possible!"

I am just a guy who really enjoys RPGs and likes to write about them. You don't have to enjoy or even read my blog, but do you think maybe "douche" and "retarded" and "pure shit" and whatever are, I don't know, a little harsh when we're talking about a hobby that we all enjoy?

People ask why I don't participate here. This is why. These are games. Why do you all like to get together and call each other horrible things over games? I've disagreed with lots of commenters on my blog, but I don't think I've ever sworn at them or called them "retarded."
Here we make a sport of kicking l1beral wussies like you in the teeth.

kris

Arcane
I was a bit shocked at first with all the name calling here in the Codex, but ultimately I found it refreshing from all the touchy feely bullshit from other forums like Bethesda's
I rather have that than a place where you cannot even post a thread on nudity in Daggerfall without getting banned

the key to never be name-called here is to be as bland and uninteresting as humanly possible.

Also #dontlikeanythingever

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom