Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Competition Codexian Wasteland 2 Location + Statue Fund-Raising Drive

Kitako

Arcane
I donated $50 using a credit card without opening a paypal account, so if you were able to donate to kickstarter, you will be able to donate to the Codex. It sort of caught me off guard when my email receipt said that I had donated to someone that I didn't know until I realized that person must be the one who owns the donation paypal account.
Confirmed. I used directly the credit card too.

Now the project is up to 650k/900k, 33 days to go. I doubt it will collapse.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
You mean the company owned by Zenimax who've spent the better part of the last few years taking Interplay to court?

Bah. I suppose if they chipped in it would somehow make up for the money I wasted on Fallout 3.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This is unofficial for now and I assume we'll discuss this with Chris Avellone in more detail before it goes 100% official, but...

...thanks to a Codexer who wishes to remain anonymous we now have MCA offering further incentive for our members to donate towards the Codex shrine in Wasteland 2 -- straight from Facebook:

XpxSM.png

A unique personal troll pic/avatar from MCA! Don't pass up this chance, o wealthier Codexers!

(And now I'm really torn between a signed collector's edition and this...)

TripJack

Hedonist
HNGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

no way i can donate that much right now but still

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Should have asked him to follow RPGCodex Twitter while he was at it :rpgcodex:

Gold

Augur
Patron
Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Well I guess I will have to make a decent donation on my next payday. I haven't been this excited for a game since that one that is to be released on Thursday™, and maybe that game from the German living the life in SouthEast Asia.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, screw you, guys!
I actually donated 50$ before reading this newspost.

But since my next payday is closer than the end of the fundraising, I guess I'll be able to donate another 50$...

St. Toxic

Arcane
Since this game is all about the ITS, not having Cleve in it would just be a damn shame. I want a fully functional bunker with all of our Codex favorites, their dialogs guest-written by Jimbob so that they are able to properly convey to the PC the truth of how the world really ended. It wouldn't even be fourth-wall breaking.

Let's get a team cracking on the design docs for this mother. I think we could probably pitch this to Fargo, especially if we can back it up with some dinero. :salute:

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Already donated $50 before I saw this, will donate another $50 via the codex :)

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
:rage:

Now I will have to sell my left kidney to donate enough money so that our God-Emperor can grace me with my very own Codex troll

:love::mca::love:

St. Toxic

Arcane
Are people stunned or what? Give me some feedback, I think it's a pretty fun idea and I'm honestly excited about it. There's hundreds of subtle ways to reference to this community in a way that seamlessly ties in with the gameplay and actually adds to the overall experience. The idea of coming a cross a huge statue of
7yvm2.gif
in the Wasteland with a plaque reading "hopw roewur ne", or the Codex troll equivalent, is about as blunt as it gets when it comes to throwbacks, and when you know about it beforehand it's not even all that startling. This place already has a fine mesh of lore that could be interwoven with a general wasteland community with ease.

I'm praying for Cleve's Bunker.

Fuck yeah.

:thumbsup:

hiver

Damn... and if we could get Cleve to write a couple of his special "real truth behind it all" articles it would be truly mind bending... imagine all those normals asking what the fuuuuuu? and running around in pure panic as ITS comes.
Jimbob could do something too... if he isnt insane anymore. Did he get better?

Anyway, codex should use this for something deep.. i mean derp... no, no, i mean REALLY DEEP ULTIMATE TRUTH BEHIND THE VEIL OF CONSPIRACIES.... or whatever, rather than just a statue and thats it.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Since this game is all about the ITS, not having Cleve in it would just be a damn shame. I want a fully functional bunker with all of our Codex favorites, their dialogs guest-written by Jimbob so that they are able to properly convey to the PC the truth of how the world really ended. It wouldn't even be fourth-wall breaking.

Let's get a team cracking on the design docs for this mother. I think we could probably pitch this to Fargo, especially if we can back it up with some dinero. :salute:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/suggestion-thread-for-codex-themed-content-in-wasteland-2.70260/

Peter

Arcane
Cleve's bunker sound cool, but I'm wondering if the idea isn't too big and complex. From my understanding, we can hope to get a little easter egg in there, whereas you guys are basically starting to design a dungeon.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Cleve's bunker sound cool, but I'm wondering if the idea isn't too big and complex. From my understanding, we can hope to get a little easter egg in there, whereas you guys are basically starting to design a dungeon.

This, basically. I like the idea, but isn't a whole bunker filled with NPCs a bit too much to ask for? We aren't even in it for $10,000, only for $5,000. A shrine instead of just a statue is already Fargo being generous.

Stabwound

Arcane
Are you sure the shrine thing in Fargo's reply wasn't just a mistake or oversight? He's probably been firing off emails and replies non-stop since the kickstarter launched. The way it's worded makes me think he really meant the statue instead of shrine at the 5k level, not that it makes a huge difference.

I can't say I'm donating toward the Codex statue myself, but I'm putting my money toward the boxed copy of the game itself. This is a cool project, though. I look forward to seeing the Codex thing in-game, whatever it ends up being.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Well, my idea was a small bunker, just a couple of rooms, filled with a dead neanderthal and some items referencing the codex, as well as a cache of lootable supplies. Cleve was never going to make a Fallout style vault, was he?

(BTW, Cleve seems to have abandoned the neanderthal übermensch angle, on his blog he's now talking about "melonheads" with superior intelligence that pre-date human civilization. The lulz never ends)

Angthoron

Arcane
Are you sure the shrine thing in Fargo's reply wasn't just a mistake or oversight? He's probably been firing off emails and replies non-stop since the kickstarter launched. The way it's worded makes me think he really meant the statue instead of shrine at the 5k level, not that it makes a huge difference.

I can't say I'm donating toward the Codex statue myself, but I'm putting my money toward the boxed copy of the game itself. This is a cool project, though. I look forward to seeing the Codex thing in-game, whatever it ends up being.
A demented tranny NPC companion, I suspect.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom