Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

Cormac freezes in fear at what he just witnessed happen to Ker.

can I cast my only healing spell on Ker this round, or do I have to wait for next round?

nikolokolus

Arcane
Cormac freezes in fear at what he just witnessed happen to Ker.

can I cast my only healing spell on Ker this round, or do I have to wait for next round?
You can cast a healing spell in any round, but with the vines firmly wrapped around Ker's still body and the fact that they look like they're tightening I'll leave the choice up to you.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric and Sokrates leap into the fray after being momentarily caught flat-footed.
Borric's maul attack [1d20+2] = 4+2 = 6, damage [2d4+2] = 5+2 = 7

Sokrates' bastard sword [1d20+2] = 11+2 = 13, damage [1d8+2] = 6+2 = 8

Borric's tries to strike at one of the vines his maul strikes the flagstones, sending shards of stone flying. Sokrates has better luck and severs one of the vines in half - thick gouts of phosphorescent green ichor shoot forth and splatters everyone with fine droplets of the stuff.

Almost immediately a horrid alien keening sound erupts from the mouth of the corrupted man's corpse and the vine releases from Ker's form and starts whipping around as if it were seeking the source of its pain.

nikolokolus

Arcane
No, it would take a single round for somebody to grab him and drag/carry him out of harm's way. The person doing the dragging/carrying would basically lose his Dex bonus to AC during the maneuver (since you wouldn't really be able to dodge) and would provoke a free attack.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Can I order Sokrates to do it? He's much less likely to get killed by a free attack.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Initiative [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4

Are there vine creatures in the kitchen still, or are they all wrapped up in the corpse man?

The man's walking corpse is about 10 feet from the door and appears to be the source of the vines. One of the vines that sprang from his robes is severed (and flopping around on the ground) the other vine recoiled from Ker's body and is now thrashing about and appears to be coiling itself for another strike.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Can I order Sokrates to do it? He's much less likely to get killed by a free attack.
Sure. He's brave and not too bright.
Oops just realized I didn't really answer your question Grimgravy. No there don't appear to be any other creatures (or anything moving at least) in the kitchen.
If somebody wants to roll for Borric and Sokrates feel free. Siveon you've already sort of spoken for Sokrates' actions so have at it if you want to.

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"[Dammit. Sokrates, get Ker (the red-haired man) out of here as quick as you can!]" Marcán shouts in Kimmerian. "[Don't worry, me and Borric will hold it off.]"

"Whatever you're doing back there Rhenmyr, hurry it up!"

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Sokrates looks at Marcán and furrows his brows listening intently and then nods curtly "Sokrates help!" He sheathes his sword and grabs Ker's still body by the ankles and starts to drag him out of harms way deeper into the central room. The whip like vine rears back like a viper and lashes out at him
Vine attacks Sokrates [1d20+2] = 1+2 = 3, damage [1d4] = 4
but it misses badly and sails over his head before retracting.

Borric surges ahead and swings his heavy maul against the body of the infested man.
Borric's attack vs. the infested man [1d20+2] = 12+2 = 14, damage [2d4+2] = 7+2 = 9
The maul ruins the man's head and a gout of green mist erupts, blasting him full on the face.
Borric's save vs. green spores [1d20] = 8
Borric begins gagging and choking, drops his maul and clutches his throat. The man-vine-plant thing topples backward, twitches a couple of times and lies still.

Borric continues to clutch his throat, his eyes wide and full of terror.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr dashes back to the central room with two bottles of strong alcohol. He kneels next to Borric and tries to help him wash out his mouth and throat with the booze.

Keltic ["Douse and torch that abomination, please! Any ideas how to prevent those spores taking root in Borric?"]

"Hang in there Borric."

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
You try to hold the thrashing barbarian down and you manage to pour some of the liquid into his throat and he coughs and spits violently. Unfortunately whatever is afflicting him appears to be getting worse and after about a minute of gagging and wheezing he stops making any noise whatsoever and collapses on the stone tiles.

You notice that the skin around his face has bloated horribly and little pustules have erupted all over his lips.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Cormac carefully examines Borric. At first glance he appears to have died; his breath has stopped, his eyes are starring vacantly at the ceiling and he is not moving. However with a more thorough evaluation you notice a slow thready pulse in his wrists, but strangely when you place your ear to his chest his heart isn't beating. Whatever has afflicted him is beyond your experience and right now you are having a difficult time saying he's alive or dead.

In the meantime Marcán and Sokrates are keeping a watchful eye over Ker who seems stable, but is still unconscious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom