Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Can we widen this opening? I've got a shovel and a crowbar, and it would do us no good to get caught in such a cloistered space."

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Do we really have the time to be digging out holes? If we did, I wouldn't want to risk striking these walls, I fear they could give over at any minute."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Cormac looks at the narrow space and considers Borric's idea about widening the passage. With Cormac's knowledge of tombs and their means of construction, he concludes that it might be possible, but would take many long hours; perhaps a full day for every ten linear feet with only one person able to dig at any given time.

"Digging would take a long time. I don't think the town has a few days for us to excavate this path. Hopefully, I can figure out what is on the other end of this so we can proceede."

Cormac says a prayer, calling on Arawn to light the way using his torch.

"I don't like the idea of having fire in an enclosed space."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"That may be a sensible precaution. And as another one, I'll make sure nothing sneaks up on us from behind while Cormac explores." Rhenmyr returns to the hall and proceeds to the nearest unexplored passage.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric used three ropes in his descent of the hillside and did not tell me he was retrieving them, so they are currently hanging from the horn of rock. 2 belonged to Borric and the other belonged to somebody else (I searched and didn't see who specifically loaned it to him. In any event I need an inventory check from everybody. Who had a rope in their possession and how many?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Borric has 3 ropes now, actually. He started with 5, lost two at that portal. Supposing he used them all up for the descent, he's put of rope.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Meanwhile ...

xqbfYnK.png

Rhenmyr quietly pads along the dusty corridor. Perhaps ten feet beyond the room and passage you entered the tomb, is a corridor to the right. You walk up, look around the corner, and discover a flight of steps leading down into the darkness. Ten more feet farther to the south, another passage splits off to the east -- also a flight of steps that descend into darkness.

You can't help but notice that the passage has become increasingly musty -- a distinct odor of decay, mold and moisture.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr listens at the first set of stairs for a couple minutes before moving to the second and doing the same. If nothing seems amiss, he proceeds to end of the hall to check the chamber to to south.

If there is rope, Cormac will tie himself off to it and then crawl into the passage. If not, then he will just crawl into the passage without it.

"Well, I guess I'll crawl in here and see what we find."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr listens at the first set of stairs for a couple minutes before moving to the second and doing the same. If nothing seems amiss, he proceeds to end of the hall to check the chamber to to south.

Rhenmyr spends several minutes straining his ears at the top of each flight of stairs, but hears nothing. Thereafter he cautiously moves to the edge of the open archway to the sout. Your torchlight partially reveals a curious sight. The squarish chamber looks about 30 feet wide from what you can ascertain. The domed ceiling is vaulted with broad buttresses of undressed stone and there is no floor to speak of. There is a narrow 2 feet-wide ledge around the walls that slope steeply toward a yawning black pit. Directly across from where you are standing you can just make out another stone archway and a dark passage.

If there is rope, Cormac will tie himself off to it and then crawl into the passage. If not, then he will just crawl into the passage without it.

"Well, I guess I'll crawl in here and see what we find."

Nobody seemed eager to loan you a rope, so we'll assume you don't have one attached
Cormac gets a boost into the narrow slot and shimmies forward a few feet. Tendrils of vines hang down in your face reducing visibility to an arm's length. You realize quickly that if you want to carry a pack you'll have to push it in front of you, and that you'll have to choose between arming yourself or holding a torch or lantern.

I'll use the set a light machineguns into place for an ambush trick. I pick the club up and move it ahead of me. I pick the torch up and move it forward also. Then crawl a few feet up to the club and torch and repeat. It's slow but would work and I can keep my torc with the light spell going.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Fuck late to the party, was gonna give the bloke a rope.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom