Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bloodbowl Season 2

Mantiis

Cipher
MicoSelva said:
No elves in the playoffs? Woohoo!
Seedings look interesting. Good luck to everyone. Except maybe vampires, I can't stand them. Sorry, Mantiis.
By rights there should be Castanova and his high elves in the finals instead of me as the odds are he would have beaten Comrade/Yardie but I couldn't rightly set the game that way. Who knows? Yardie might have actually gone for the ball! Might have even had his first TD!

MicoSelva said:
BTW, Mantiis, are there two matches in this round (match and rematch), or just one? If the former, then we have only seven matches left between the league is over.
My understanding is that it is elimination play-offs world cup style so yes only 7 games with 8 teams (4 games) then 4 teams (2 games) then the final 2 (1 game).

grotsnik

Arcane
Undead Phoenix said:
I'm coming for you, doctorgrotsnik, and your little Skinks too!

Oh, it's on, my goatsy friend.

On a completely unrelated note, I see your Chaos Warrior with Mighty Blow is injured. Damn shame, that is. :smug:

That puff? He get's KOed at least once a match and is yet to actually injure anyone. My team is better without :rpgcodex:

Hoping for some hot furry on scaly action in our game - my goats have a lot of love to give.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Just started playing this online. Much rage to be had over shitty rolls so far. Also: fucking retards take FOREVER to do anything. How can you spend 4 fucking minutes on your turn when there's like, 2 fucking enemy players still standing?

Mantiis

Cipher
This is one worth watching if only for the lulz that occur.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14179294/VampsVsHumees.db

I wonder, if the two blitzes (in one turn!!!!) in the first half didn't occur how different the game could have been...

Also Shuma if you can analyse the rolls and post what you find I would appreciate it. (a link to the analyzer would be good too)

desocupado

Magister
This game was really fun. Probably not for Mantiis though.

I don't think the second blitz helped that much, though. And I'm not sure, but I think this happened before.

You who are knowledgeable of the game, is there any occasion where you can blitz twice?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
By the way, Mantiis, can we use the teams from this league in the next?

'cause then I'm definetely rolling out Dead Money for another round :D

Damned Registrations

I've had enough of this shit. It's just not fun. Every game I spend 20 minutes watching my opponents do stuff, then it's my turn and I either

A: Set up a perfect way to rape him with assists set up everywhere properly in a way to get a touchdown within 2 turns even thoguh he has the ball, with like 50/50 odds

B: Make some trivially easy attempt to block/dodge because if I can't even do that who gives a fuck about what assists I ahve set up, they're just free blocks for my enemy.

Either way, as soon as I have to roll dice, it fails utterly. I just played a game against ogres. After making maybe 9 blocks against fucking stunty titchy ass goblins, one of whom had a niggling injury, my rat ogre causes two injuries: himself and a goblin at the same fucking time. I don't think I saw a single defender down die through the whole match from my side. His ogres, of course, never caused even one turnover for him. 4 ogres for 16 rounds and he gets boneheaded once. Gang fouls my rat ogres into stun for 3 turns straight without a ref call, I try the same on goblins, get one stun and 4 ref calls. He, fumbled the ball ONCE all game, despite having nobody with more than 3 agility or sure hands.

There's no fucking point. I don't even get to play or set anything up. The second my players touch anything they fall down like drunken invalids. The closest I came to controlling the ball was surrounding his ogres for a few turns without even trying to block or dodge anything before half my rats fell unconscious.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Try starting with a less frustrating team, friend. Humans, for example. That said, Blood Bowl does require a complete immunity to butthurt. If you rage when rolls fail, play something else for certain.

Damned Registrations

It's not so much the rolls failing, as only ever getting to make one or two rolls per turn. Moves that don't involve rolls are boring as fuck, and your turn ends whenever you lose a roll. Ergo, losing all your rolls means the entire game is boring.

Mantiis

Cipher
Grunker said:
By the way, Mantiis, can we use the teams from this league in the next?

'cause then I'm definetely rolling out Dead Money for another round :D
Yeah I am thinking of dusting off my Norse as I was enjoying that team. The Bloody Thrallers are going into retirement - having ~30% of your rolls be 1s will fuck any team so it isn't the teams fault but the whole experience of the last two games has put me off them completely. The Agi 5 vamp especially - all he does is roll 1s. In the last game alone he failed pick up, failed dodges and failed passing the ball all of which required ANYTHING but a 1. Bleh.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Congratulations to the first semi-finalist. Good match. :thumbsup:

Just watched the replay. Wow, Mantiis, You were really fucked by dice there. Not to say that desocupado played badly, because he did a good job - You don't win 3-0 by luck alone. The biggest mistake I saw him do was using up re-rolls on his loner ogre (which did not save the ogre from dying after a failed block :lol: ).

It seems deso did not win the hardest group by accident, which makes my rooting for him from the start a kind of sixth sense. :M

Shuma

Scholar
First off, a link to the replay:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6653110/Nonstop ... 14%20PM.db

Welcome to the playoff quarterfinals! We had a great (if protracted) final round to lead up until this point where almost every team was still in contention. We saw Basti's lovely ladies take one from the elves in an unlikely scenario, 1-0. That led to them sneaking in to the playoffs despite being behind early in the season. Grotsnik's lizards slid in as well, though it would have taken a miracle for this not to happen. In a predictably wild finish, root's mighty Khemri battered their way into the playoffs by winning and getting a tie from the two remaining teams. 1st season champ OldSkoolKamikaze had a rocky season, as one might expect from a Goblin team, and was knocked out after that final 1-1 tie. Division 4 ended in confusion. Game six saw Mantiis' vamps bloodlust their way into a 0-2 loss, but he managed to sneak in after weeks of waiting for the Casta/Yardie game. Congrats and good luck to all playoff contenders!

Nibblers v. Dusters: which one is better and why?

The Dusters were back at full strength at the start of this game, packing their full 4 Tomb Guardians and complement of Blitz-Ras. The Nibblers came in at a slim 1250 TV and picked up a Wizard instead of the Rat Ogre that they were contemplating. We'll see how this affects the proceedings since they will only have 12 players against a sensationally bashy team. The Dusters will look to control the ball with their powerful cage and grind the rats down with injuries and fouls.

The first kickoff goes to the vermin and it's short. Skaven Thrower Toptoss ends up with the ball. The rats flood four Gutter Runners into the backfield and hang back for a long pass. The few blocks thrown by the Nibblers land with no lasting damage. The skeletons are largely too slow to pressure the thrower, so instead they mark the runners and hope for the best. A stormvermin blitzes in on a marker and lands a casualty, and Toptoss rushes in to pass it to the open receiver. The pass is on the mark and the Skaven charge in! However, there is ample time (six turns) for the Dusters to organize and advance a punishing cage.

The ensuing kickoff sees the skellies line up on the right side of the field, and the rats take advantage with a blitz! A quick second casualty is landed by another stormvermin, and the GRs swarm in to where the short kick will land. Now the Tomb Guardians get to business and knock out a linerat. Since Shahenaaz failed the catch on the kickoff, Skellington is able to easily grab the ball, and he passes it downfield with a Hail Mary! Apokis is downfield and grabs the bouncing ball! He's all alone in the backfield, though. Will he be able to muscle it past the defenders?

Almost! Tzanek initially can't knock him down but uses a reroll to ensure Apokis doesn't escape. The dirty rats then manage to pick up the ball and pass it to an open Runner. He zips down the sideline far out of reach of most of the Dusters. A failed dodge allows the Skaven to inflict some punishment before they walk it in.

A rough start for the Dusters, but they still have a shot. They'll have to control the ball well on this possession and drive it in, and hope to force overtime in the 2nd half. Disaster strikes again, however, as another blitz is executed by the rats! Skwikwik is there to receive the ball, and he even hangs onto it despite a fierce blitz from Khopis. A simple blitz allows Skwikwik the freedom to try a pass to a wide open stormvermin. The ball is caught and the rodents pick up another score!

Finally, a kickoff without a blitz will have the Khemri side organizing to pick up the ball. Skellington picks it up and a three-quarters cage is formed, but no sooner does he get his phalanges on the ball than he tosses it down the field with another Hail Mary. The ball lands on the Skaven side, far from any Dusters. The rats greedily gobble up the ball and take it down the Khemri sideline, eager to put another point on the board. A brave skelly sneaks in and launches a block on the ballcarrier, but he once again holds steady and hangs onto the ball. It is no great feat for the stormvermin to push aside his foe and allow Chocho an unobstructed run at the endzone.

It is turn 7 and the rats are whittled down to 10 players on the field. The kickoff lands in the hands of the skeleton Apokis, and a Tomb Guardian swats down an annoying linerat for the team's second casualty. Immediately following, Khask is taken out with a Badly Hurt. If these injuries had happened sooner, perhaps the outcome would be a little different. As it stands now, Apokis has to gamble with a run downfield to try the turn 8 score. It is not to be, as Targleek rushes in to knock the ball away. A failed pass ends the half for the rodents, with mercifully no more casualties.

Only seven sorry Nibblers take the field for half two, and they will be kicking off. It's deep, and the Dusters will have their work cut out for them. A stormvermin is Badly Hurt to start the drive, and things are finally looking up for the Khemri, facing only 6 rats now. They knock down as many players as they can, and Skellington once again fires off a Hail Mary that this time lands midfield. A Gutter Runner is free to pick up the ball, and heads to the right side after picking it up. Although successful early on, the Hail Mary is now proving to be a detriment to the team, allowing free pickups for the Skaven players. Once again, the wily Gutter Runner stays standing despite a punishing blitz. This time Triad Venom manages two dodges and sneaks past the defenders into the end zone for yet another score!

In a bizarre set of circumstances, the ensuing kickoff sees the game's third blitz. Truly Nuffle shines upon the Nibblers, though for what reasons, none can say. Once more a runner is in position to receive the kickoff, though he fails to haul it in. A tomb guardian muffs a block and the Nibbler coach calls in death from above! A fireball rains down on the field, knocking Playahata flat. Shahenaaz picks up the ball and scuttles free to then get tackled by the waiting skeleton Apokis! We've seen this happen before: Skellington moves in to pick up the ball and Hail Mary's it ineffectively downfield. Yet again, a skaven player will be free to pick up the ball.

Triad Venom grabs it, and tries a pass to Chocho in the endzone. The pass is on target, but dropped! The remaining Khemri fan in the stands cheers as his team is spared another score. Skellington manages a 1 TZ pickup and contemplates a Hail Mary... and down the field it goes! It lands midfield on the right hand side next to two rats and the fearsome Deepblocka.

Getting desperate, the rats try their version of a hail mary, involving two dodges, a 1 TZ pickup and a long pass. What happens next is hazy, but somehow the inaccurate pass and bounce lands right in the waiting arms of Triad Venom, adding an additional score for the rats! Even the crowd is tired of this shitty writeup and they help speed it along by rioting for a turn on the next kickoff. Seriously, is this a novel or something?

Lah de dah, some more rats get beat up, I think a bogus Hail Mary was attempted, and believe it or not, a gutter runner manages to score on turn 16. Oh, and Shahenaaz is almost killed for the second time, fouled into jelly, but was saved by the timely intervention of an apothecary. The End.

Final Score: Silly to Nothing.

On a side note, Skellington managed 100 yards passing. For reference, the league's leading passer for the entire 6 game season only had 70 yards passing.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wow, I expected the Nibblers to win, but what happened is just ridiculous.

Will someone be able to stop the rat death scoring machine?

grotsnik

Arcane
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19655189/Liz vs Chaos.db

Undead P. and I finally met - two great bashy teams taking each other on in a play-off uncomfortably full of elves and humans and teams that seem to believe the game involves throwing.

A fun match, some interesting reversals in fortune. Thanks to UP, who played very well and kept bashing to the bitter end. As we all must :salute:

Mantiis

Cipher
One way to describe Root v Shuma's match was:

1. Rats kickoff
2. Blitz Event
3. Rats Score
4. Goto 1.

Mantiis

Cipher
I have been punished enough - did you not see my last two games' rolls? On average I rolled 1s about ~30% of the time. The Agi 5 vamp was failing so much, for all of his actions he just needed to NOT roll a 1. That is it. He could roll a 2 and he woulda been fine. Pick the ball up, dodge tackle zones, THROW THE FUCKING BALL.

If you add the number of 2s rolled then combined ~50% of my rolls were comprised of 1s and 2s.

And desocupado got an extra blitz and was dodging like an elf. Bastard!

Meh. We shall look towards next season.

gorefiend

Novice
im impressed that the vamps even made the playoffs and that the goblins were within a single goblin toss from making it. crazy stuff

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Congratulations to both Shuma and Grotsnik for reaching the semi-finals. It was a really good match, lizzies vs chaos, with both coaches showing a lot of skill. Grotsnik had much more luck on armor/injury rolls, though. Overall, very nice.

Only one match left in this round!

Shuma

Scholar
I don't think I'd like to play vampires. They just seem like they are too frustrating to play. I think I'd play Goblins before Vamps. And definitely GG to grot and UDPhoenix,it could have gone either way, but the casualties just ended up being too much. And damn that Mino, he just stood there half of the game!

Aye, got a bit frustrated and used a re-roll when I really shouldn't on trying to get it moving. The best team won on the day, losing that Chaos Warrior on turn 10 really killed my ability to fight back. The Furries will be back next cup, hopefully with some training they'll hit harder than elves and dodge better than zombies :salute:

Good luck to everyone in the semi-finals.

Mantiis

Cipher
Where are we on the last match?

Shuma said:
I don't think I'd like to play vampires. They just seem like they are too frustrating to play. I think I'd play Goblins before Vamps. And definitely GG to grot and UDPhoenix,it could have gone either way, but the casualties just ended up being too much. And damn that Mino, he just stood there half of the game!
I think that is going to be a new rule for the league - if you become the champ you must play a tier 3 team next season :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom