Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bloodbowl Season 2

grotsnik

Arcane
Yeah, I hope to see all of our elf teams represented in the play-offs.

Represented by a picture quite like this one.

Only with more skulls.

elves.png

(Famous last wordsTM)

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Best. Match. Ever.

I'm not even going to attempt a writeup. It wouldn't do the match justice!

And both Dirk and I are pretty lazy right now.

This match had it all: injuries, explosions, goblin tossing, goblin eating, lots of zany back and forth luck and there was even a touchdown scored by a person who didn't even have the turn.

Castanova

Prophet
I nearly got my match in with Yardie this weekend but he said he just woke up so give him a minute and then Steam told me he was launching Counterstrike. :lol:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Castanova said:
I nearly got my match in with Yardie this weekend but he said he just woke up so give him a minute and then Steam told me he was launching Counterstrike. :lol:
Must have been some pesky younger brother, for sure ;)

Mantiis

Cipher
Any chance of getting it played before the weekend? I want to move the league on!!!

I would set it to 2-0 in favour of castanova but i want to see some elves squished! That is half the fun of Yardie/comrade's games!

Castanova

Prophet
Nah, don't do that. It's not like Yardie has been ducking me, more like I haven't been on Steam much. I was just relating that as a funnyish anecdote.

I will try my best to get the match in ASAP.

Mantiis

Cipher
Shuma said:
Hey root / desocupado, post yer replay plz.

Also, here's mine for what it's worth, it's partially finished.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6653110/Nonstop ... 02%20AM.db
My favorite part was when i rolled 1 for bloodlust, rerolled and got bloodlust anyway and then failed to pickup the ball with the Agi 5 vamp because he rolled another 1 and caused a turnover and then lost the vamp because technically although he was standing next to the thrall he ended his turn prematurely with the failed pickup. He then ran off to feed on the crowd.

Fun times.

The best part of that match was when my game crashed on turn 12.

It was annoying cause I thought I had a chance after our first game where if it wasn't for that bullshit 1turn TD I woulda drawn with you.

Shuma

Scholar
Surely by bullshit 1 turn TD you mean totally awesome TD...

But that sequence left me scratching my head wondering what the hell happened. I had to talk it over with a friend and review the rulebook to see that all the rules were actually followed by the book (gasp).

Shit luck goes without saying.

Mantiis

Cipher
Shuma said:
But that sequence left me scratching my head wondering what the hell happened. I had to talk it over with a friend and review the rulebook to see that all the rules were actually followed by the book (gasp)

Yer I knew it was correct and by the book, it just sucked cause I thought to myself: "What are the odds of rolling 3 1s? A man needs to take risks!!".

1 in 216 as it turns out.

:M

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Went ahead and bought the game finally. After watching some replays of supposedly good players sucking (really basic failures like pointless assists and bad place, unnecessary turnovers, etc.), I couldn't resist the urge to compete with other people. Downloaded the fat sucker now.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Just had the most fucked game. Playing a fairly new team of rats against high elves in the campaign. One of my gutter runners has Two Heads. Obviously this leads to him being able to dodge through all sorts of completely insane crap. So, near the end of the first half after kicking, I've managed to get the ball, and he's 1 square from the endzone and needs to make a single dodge to score a TD. Fails of course. Along the way, my rat ogre gets plastered by some fucking elf, and dies. Apothecary reroll? Also death. Yeah. Not like he had any points or anything yet, but still, WTF? Then, in the second half, I'm on turn 13 and once more need to make a single fucking dodge roll with my gutter runner that could dodge through a cage of dwarves 90% of the time. Of course he fails. And the ball ends up rolling off the pitch, and gets thrown back about 5 squares from my endzone, right next to some fucking elven catchers. So I'm sitting there thinking fuck this shit, I should just reload. 4 fucking 1's right when they count, the odds are stupidly high, on top of losing my rat ogre, this is a 1 in 1000+ game. But I stick it out cause reloading whenever you lose would be lame, even if I'm going to be fucked for the whole tourney missing my rat ogre and a runner out of commision for a game. So the elves score on turn 14, and I figure I still got a slight chance to tie this shit up, playing skaven and all. But before it switches over to my turn, the game crashes.
:love:

Fuck, that probably happens at least once every 30 games or so right? Way better odds than quad 1's.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
root said:
Dirk Diggler said:
OSK and I just finished our game in a tie, so grats root, you're in the playoffs buddy!

Our game was pretty outrageous, the ball traveled up and down the field in the blink of an eye and many an injury was to be had. Here's the replay on dropbox:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15346279/Replay ... 8-56-01.db

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

nice match btw, this group was HA! great fun!

:love:

oh and...I now have an AV10 TG.
mwahahaha slaughter

Congratulations! Both on advancement and the TG levelup. May he (she?) wreak havoc in the playoffs.
Pity for Dirk and OSK (and his BloodBowl Champ tag :M ), but someone had to drop.
Hope You join the next league, guys, so I can get a chance to be stomped to the ground by Your teams.

DamnedRegistrations: welcome to the BloodBowl reality. I'm also still recovering after my last match.

Shuma

Scholar
Hey Mantiis, what's the playoff format gonna be? Standard, like

1 V 8
4 V 5
3 V 6
2 V 7

or whatever Cyanide comes up with?

ALSO ROOT POST YOUR REPLAY

Mantiis

Cipher
Shuma said:
Hey Mantiis, what's the playoff format gonna be? Standard, like
blah
or whatever Cyanide comes up with?
I am assuming the latter knowing Cyanide but honestly I don't know. If Castanova and Yardie would play their fucking game we could find out.

I have a right mind to set it to 0-0 so i can get through to the playoffs!

Mantiis

Cipher
This round started almost a month ago:
Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:19 am Post subject:
Next round, bitches.
I am inclined to move it on unless i hear otherwise in the next day or so.

Castanova/Yardie(Comrade!) - PM me if you care about playing your last game or if there is a problem with your opponent as I think 3 weeks is enough time to play one game.

Castanova

Prophet
I'll try to get the game in tomorrow. If not, Mantiis, you can give me the loss and move yourself onto the playoffs. I don't really mind. I'll let you know in 24 hours.

Pussycat669

Liturgist
If it eases your pain, I think the loss was less because of the lack of skill than more because of the fact that you had about three players still standing at the end. You surely took a bad beating there.

Mantiis

Cipher
Due to inactivity I have set the Castanova vs Yardie Game to 0-0. I have also moved the league onto the finals:
PlayOffsWeek1.jpg

And let me just say to Basti: I am sorry - it isn't my fault that the game decided to place your amazons against the dwarves but it felt wrong to change it. Good luck with that.

After the final round we had the following rankings:
rankingsFinal.jpg

With Shuma being the best player in the group stage.

FROM HERE ON IN IT IS KNOCK OUT - YOU LOSE YOU ARE GONE.

BLOOOOD! :x

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
No elves in the playoffs? Woohoo!
Seedings look interesting. Good luck to everyone. Except maybe vampires, I can't stand them. Sorry, Mantiis.

BTW, Mantiis, are there two matches in this round (match and rematch), or just one? If the former, then we have only seven matches left between the league is over.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom