Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dark Eye Blackguards - turn-based tactical RPG set in The Dark Eye world

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
In fact, it closely resembles Fable in a lot of ways, except that this is a turn-based strategy RPG.

:lol:

Oh my god

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:lol: Not just Grimoire. This is definitely a site to keep an eye on next year.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Andres Ruiz is currently studying advertising at Florida International University. Some of his favorite series include Tekken, Legend of Zelda, and Katamari. He gets most of his writing tips from his golden retriever, Maya, who also has more facial hair than him. He will have a beard one day, as well as the last laugh.
Sounds like a bunch of console gamers that suddenly decided to sample some PC games.

DeepOcean

Arcane

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Retard that wrote the BG:EE review said:
I have been playing video games since the Commodore Vic 20. In that time I have accumulated a massive video game collection and greatly enjoy diving into unknown sub-genre's featuring forgotten mechanics. When not studying games I might be doing school work, or making cocktails.
And yet he can't read a manual or play the fucking tutorial.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I have been playing video games since the Commodore Vic 20. In that time I have accumulated a massive video game collection and greatly enjoy diving into unknown sub-genre's featuring forgotten mechanics. When not studying games I might be doing school work, or making cocktails.
Bragging about supposed videogame experience before saying anything of useful: easiest way of spotting a hipster.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Bros, Chapter 2 of the game is out now.

Hi there, we are proud to tell you that you can play chapter 2 from now on. We want to thank you very much for your detailed feedback and your bug reports. We are constantly improving the quality of the game and keep discussing your feature requests.

Chapter 2 is of smaller scope than chapter one and thus will take less time to play through. This is not because we were too lazy to produce content. But our writer and game designers agree that this, at least in our humble opinion, is the best way possible to present the story. The good news is that chapter 3, all sidequests included, will be around twice the size of chapter 1. So stay tuned for new content!

This Chapter abandons the kiddy gloves and starts the trully hard battles, so prepare for some fun and for MASSIVE butthurt on Steam forums.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Has anyone been able to complete the lizardman assault without a single fisherman dying? It seems impossible, but I have to wonder if there's a unique reward for success.

skyst

Augur
Has anyone been able to complete the lizardman assault without a single fisherman dying? It seems impossible, but I have to wonder if there's a unique reward for success.

I don't see how that would be possible, as some will get one shot by javelins well before you have the opportunity to prevent it.

Angthoron

Arcane

I don't see how that would be possible, as some will get one shot by javelins well before you have the opportunity to prevent it.
And there's the issue of falling rocks as well.

skyst

Augur
I found the second chapter rather disappointing. All of the encounters were easier and felt less thought out, no side quests and practically no meaningful story - and I wager that the story it did have will be unimportant overall.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Really? The Takate, Crocodiles and Final fights were very hard during the closed beta, with people complaining they were impossible and all that... Darth Roxor, did you tried it again? Do you think they nerfed it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom