Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Quigs

Magister
Is it just me or were there higher discounts last summer sale? Maybe i'm just spoiled by gog.

The games I want to play on Steam are going to be newer hits and the occasional small-developer game. GTA5, Gnomoria, and ironically, the Witcher 3. 2 out of 3 of those I can wait a year or two and save 20-30 bucks, and really miss out on nothing.

GoG's interesting workaround is that the games are pretty much their final lowest price. The games there have been out for years, if not decades already. It helps that this sale is doing the free games reward for spending 1, 20, or 50 bucks. So far I've gotten...

Tales of Maj`Eyal (and expansion)
Seven Cities of Gold
Star Control 1-3 (Even at 2 dollars, buying 3 was probably a mistake.)
Total Annihilation Kingdoms + Expansion
Rainbow Six
The original Ghost Recon
Battle Realms (free)
Wolf Among Us Season 1
Starfleet Command (Not on sale, but it had just come out.)
Dead State

With them freely giving me
Stalker Clear Sky
Sim City 2000

And i've only spent 39 dollars so far. For 11 bucks more, I'll be picking up 2 more games and they'll chip in Xenonauts for free.

So 12+ great games on GoG, for the same price I could pick up Farming Simulator 15 and XPLANE 10 GLOBAL on Steam.

Cthulhu_is_love

It doesn't really make a difference, so buy it while it's on sale. Either way, we'll be grateful for your support.

And ... bought. :takemyjewgold:

Now I just need I have no mouth and i must scream--> summer fun in basement while the cool kids are playing in the sun light

Metro Redux and XCOM 80% discounts are pretty good

Why should i play Metro Remake, if i can play Metro?

And why the heck should i play XCOM Remake, if i can play XCOM?:mrfussy:(and what purpose has Mr. Fussy?)

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Too much... it's simply too much. Thousands of games with "widely varying quality" shoveled and mixed together. No fun to crawl through all the cluttered sales pages anymore. Like finding needles in the haystack. Somewhen is enough. The missing quality assurance of Valve surely show its "fruits"...

:negative:

Last edited:

Declinator

Arbiter
is the xcom reboot worth playing or is it popamole crap?

Worth playing but not up to the standards of the original. Some frustrating things for a player of the original but little particularly egregious.

It does have a considerable amount of cover shooting and you might even say it has "sticky cover" but I wouldn't go as far as to call it popamole (the game not being a shooter and all that.)

pippin

Why should i play Metro Remake, if i can play Metro?

And why the heck should i play XCOM Remake, if i can play XCOM?:mrfussy:(and what purpose has Mr. Fussy?)

Metro Redux "improved" the graphics, which wasn't needed according to many people. Grab the original instead imo.

NuXCOM is a different game. But worth playing. Grab the expansion (which is a proper expansion, actually) and Long War. Have fun!

pippin

Well it's a console port after all.
Expect lenghty desudesudesu cutscenes. It has nice tb combat though.

Gord

Arcane
Side is crapping out completely and that play-itself-game-thingy isn't working at all...

FFS Gabe, buy some servers instead of a couple new Lamborghini.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
When the site doesn't work, the mobile app storefront runs fine every time. Must be on a different server that isn't getting hit as hard.

Pro steam tip right there, use it well.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
Hmm, feel like buying something but not really sure what.

Darksiders franchise for 10,99€, I remember that the first one was a fun game, anyone here played the second one? Worth the jewros?

DramaticPopcorn

Can anyone explain this sale's meta ? What's with fighting monsters to unlock discounts?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Don't bother. It's a shitty clicker game. Overall sale is unsurprisingly weak. That said, both Dead Rising 3 and Risen 3 are already 50% off without feature deals. Will probably pick up both.

deuxhero

Arcane
Don't bother. It's a shitty clicker game. Overall sale is unsurprisingly weak. That said, both Dead Rising 3 and Risen 3 are already 50% off without feature deals. Will probably pick up both.

As is Dark Souls 2 Scholars of the First Sin.

The metagame doesn't even work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom