Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Deleted member 7219

I bought Return to Castle Wolfenstein, because the disc version doesn't seem to work any more.

Steam version works beautifully, with the unofficial patch applied for widescreen res. I really forgot how great this game was.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I probably have 15-20 or so to farm but I've hit the market limit and I'm not about to hand my SSN over to Valve.
? SSN? What ? You sell the cards and the money goes to your steam wallet.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I bought Return to Castle Wolfenstein, because the disc version doesn't seem to work any more.

Steam version works beautifully, with the unofficial patch applied for widescreen res. I really forgot how great this game was.

I played the first half relatively recently. Game holds up really well.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I probably have 15-20 or so to farm but I've hit the market limit and I'm not about to hand my SSN over to Valve.
? SSN? What ? You sell the cards and the money goes to your steam wallet.
Once you sell 200 or something, you get to give Valve more personal info. I don't know if they have mine or not, because the Steam services stopped working temporarily right after I entered my info and refused to load the confirmation page. However, afterward I was still able to sell shit.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Clearly the solution is to sell the cards and then spend it immediately on more games.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Lol, just wasted about 30 minutes putting something them on sale. Made 2 euros so far. I like Blue coins on Gamersgate better tho.

belated

Augur
Once you sell 200 or something, you get to give Valve more personal info. I don't know if they have mine or not, because the Steam services stopped working temporarily right after I entered my info and refused to load the confirmation page. However, afterward I was still able to sell shit.

That's probably only if you're a US citizen. If not you just check some confirmation box and carry on as before.

garren

Arcane
Patron
ss_187ed5d60ff9d59cf4b352ba18836c786d62708c.1920x1080.jpg

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Outlast is $7, yea or nay? I tried looking for a video review and accidentally clicked on PewDieIncrediblyannoyingfaggot so didn't get very far.

Written reviews are all about it's the scariest game ever and promoting it as the next Penumbra or Amnesia but the videos make it seem more like Resident Evil "scary" or The Last of Us "scary". You know, walking around in a perfectly normal place and BOO! something jumps out. About as scary as Mary Poppins compared to the non-stop fear that is Penumbra.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Lul, sold 67 cards today and made 3.88 euros out of thin air. Why are people buying this?

Ask Brucitis. But seriously, people are retards these days. They think virtual internet shit actually has value in real life. Kids today can't separate fantasy from reality.

If we could sell these stupid "achievement" things too I'd be loaded.

Coyote

Arcane
Outlast is $7, yea or nay? I tried looking for a video review and accidentally clicked on PewDieIncrediblyannoyingfaggot so didn't get very far.

Written reviews are all about it's the scariest game ever and promoting it as the next Penumbra or Amnesia but the videos make it seem more like Resident Evil "scary" or The Last of Us "scary". You know, walking around in a perfectly normal place and BOO! something jumps out. About as scary as Mary Poppins compared to the non-stop fear that is Penumbra.

Based on the posts about it in this thread, I'd say probably not.

If you opt for it anyway, you can save a few bucks by getting it through the Humble Store.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014

There are occasional moments where there is actual level design, and enemies roam around, and you have no idea where exactly they are. Those parts are pretty good.

The rest of it is really awful. It relies so much on cliche and things jumping out. The story is typical, and the writing is insufferable. The protagonist's journals are pretty much, "Sheeeit, nigga! This fuckin' shit's so fuckin' scary! These fags in this shit hole are really fucked up!!!!"

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
This game is worth $1 bundle at best. Almost all the "scary" moments are enemies jumping at you from a corridor.

I knew it. It's "scary" in the same way Resident Evil is. Or Half Life 2. Or Sesame Street.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom