Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Batman: Arkham Knight

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I knew that this was gonna be shit when they slipped it in as a bonus when I got the witcher3 for free with my gpu.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Guys

Which PC release was worse: Batman: Arkam Knight, Assassins Creed 4, Mortal Kombat X OR Aliens: Colonial Marines?

OR: A third option?

We seriously need a poll for the worst PC release in recent times.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Welp, while you were enjoying the drama I went and finished the story. Steam reports 18 hours. Last hour or so was the best hour of all Arkham Games. Hell, I'd even say that the whole story, especially the parts that weren't given away/spoiled in official previews/trailers was the best in all arkham games combined. Pretty much a perfect Batman/Joker storyline.

That said, I still have tons of sidequests to take care of so I can see the final final ending

And here I was hoping it would suck so I wouldn't have to feel bad about not being able to play.:negative: Really hope they get their act together and fix this game.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Guys

Which PC release was worse: Batman: Arkam Knight, Assassins Creed 4, Mortal Kombat X OR Aliens: Colonial Marines?

I think you mean AC Unity. AC4 was fine. And you forget Dark Souls. And Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition. And... And.. And...

Did you guys just start playing PC games 5 years ago or something?

Guys

I've personally yet to see a worse port than Saints Row 2.

Israfael

Arcane
Halo 2 was super bad as well, Carmack's Rage was a close contender also.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
94UtWX8.png

HJ9DU.jpg

Astral Rag

Arcane
UPDATE 25/6/15 11.30am: A GAME employee has told Eurogamer that the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight are now being pulled from shop shelves.

Arkham Knight is this gen's ET..

Last edited:

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Guys

AC4 was fine, I think? If you mean Unity, then that was equally broken on all platforms, same for Aliens: Colonial Marines afaik. Mortal Combat X, on the other hand, was another outsourced port by WB. Seeing a pattern here?

Other than that, you need to go quite a few years back to find something as bad as Arkham Knight.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Welp, while you were enjoying the drama I went and finished the story. Steam reports 18 hours. Last hour or so was the best hour of all Arkham Games. Hell, I'd even say that the whole story, especially the parts that weren't given away/spoiled in official previews/trailers was the best in all arkham games combined. Pretty much a perfect Batman/Joker storyline.

That said, I still have tons of sidequests to take care of so I can see the final final ending

And here I was hoping it would suck so I wouldn't have to feel bad about not being able to play.:negative: Really hope they get their act together and fix this game.

If its any consolation, its just Sam Ecorners opinion so far. You or others could very well have a different opinion.

Don't overhype the game for yourself this way. Instead keep expectations low till it works. Otherwise you just end up disappointed in any case.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Steam refunds just might save the game industry.

If not that, then maybe it will speed up ITZ and cause another crash.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Seems all retailers are pulling it, it's gone from stores in Australia too.

If its any consolation, its just Sam Ecorners opinion so far. You or others could very well have a different opinion.

Don't overhype the game for yourself this way. Instead keep expectations low till it works. Otherwise you just end up disappointed in any case.

Yeah, very true. At least I have Origins to play while they fix it, I never got around to playing it the first time and picked it up on sale for $4.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I do wonder if WB removing the game from Steam/retail will be enough to convince Mangoose that the port is, in fact, much worse than the average.

Other than that, you need to go quite a few years back to find something as bad as Arkham Knight.

Not quite as bad, but GTA IV launch is comparable. That even locked you out of options.

That was 2008 though, an era of many an awful PC port. Things have gotten much better recently - the PC version of GTAV is, by all accounts, very good.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
HOLY FUCKING SHIT...I was pretty hyped for this game :(

Luckly I had enough common sense to avoid pre-ordering. But DAMN, these news are sad indeed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom