Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum High Resolution Patch Version 1.5 Release

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
It's been 8 years since the original release but the update is finally here. Funny how it goes, huh.

I'll skip the bullshit, enjoy.

DOWNLOAD

CHANGELOG:
-- The patch is now configured and applied via a config file, no more command line prompts.
-- Many more settings and features are now available in the config file, to be further configured by the user to their liking.
-- The vertical position of the middle screen menus (e.g. inventory or load save) can now be set to top, bottom or center (default).
-- Most UI graphics have been cleaned up, the top shading has been removed and full size borders have been added.
-- Added fullscreen backgrounds to the main menu, 3 variants are available: just black, fade to black, fullscreen wooden background (also applies to options and credits).
-- Compiled a completely new crisp sharp size 18 dialog font which is true to the original.
-- Increased preload distance, so that you won't see stuck objects at very high resolutions. This feature is also user configurable.
-- Increased broacast distance, so that the followers can heed your commands at greater distances. This feature is also user configurable.
-- Splash screens are now centered.
-- Fixed all lingering UI bugs, such as the map menu navigation button not working properly.
-- Resolved the issue with the Half Ogre Island captain not spawning.
-- Added options to force the game to use windowed mode, software rendererer and double buffer.
-- Scrolling distance is no longer patched to be smaller, and both scrolling distance and scrolling FPS can now be configured in the config file.
-- Streamlined and cleaned up a lot of code. All patch scripts are fully commented.
-- Fixed a 'run as administrator' prompt on newer versions of Windows.
-- The DDrawCompat wrapper is included in the patch and can be optionally installed, recommended for Windows 8/10 users.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Screenshots:
OvYrGdI.png

i4WUIsM.png

I61kOo4.png

qmvTdVd.jpg

bX45Ps9.png

UmUIKfb.png

jGXEKaj.jpg

CTeoqAt.jpg

aNfxrEu.jpg

Lxn78va.jpg

mVdJeiF.jpg

An example of bordering added to all the UI screens:
pxbp5ZG.png

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
Beautiful work, Drog. I am very much so looking forward to that combat mod!

Unwanted

Torian Kel

Unwanted
33m2ww0.jpg
Thank you for resolution patch :) i will reinstall game to see if i can fix i have few graphical errors ( win 7 intel hd 4000 i5 3570k)

btw That full plate armor in your screen shots looks kinda blueish to me which one is that arcane? mine is and it have red marks i wonder if you changed something more :)

33m2ww0.jpg
[/IMG]
33m2ww0.jpg
[/IMG]
33m2ww0.jpg

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
33m2ww0.jpg
anyhow thank you for resoluton patch i will reinstall game to see if i can fix have few graphical errors ( win 7 intel hd 4000 i5 3570k)
That's a very weird glitch you have there. What version of the high resolution patch is that?

I suggest you try Renderer = 0 and/or DDrawWrapper = 1 if the game runs bad on your system. The latter is pretty much required on Windows 8/10.

33m2ww0.jpg
btw That full plate armor in your screen shots looks kinda blueish to me which one is that arcane? mine is and it have red marks i wonder if you changed something more :)
That screenshot was made by one the testers, I think it looks blueish because the character is casting the Major Healing spell.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Torian Kel

Unwanted
33m2ww0.jpg
anyhow thank you for resoluton patch i will reinstall game to see if i can fix have few graphical errors ( win 7 intel hd 4000 i5 3570k)
That's a very weird glitch you have there. What version of the high resolution patch is that?

I suggest you try Renderer = 0 and/or DDrawWrapper = 1 if the game runs bad on your system. The latter is pretty much required on Windows 8/10.

33m2ww0.jpg
That screenshot was made by one the testers, I think it looks blueish because the character is casting the Major Healing spell.

i over write this new 1.5 patch over old one 1.1... just copy pasted it into install folder and press install did i do something wrong? i am resintalling all from scratch will see maybe it fixes

Ok newb question coming.... how do i install this 1.5 one i fresh installed game it doesnt have .exe like old one had

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
i over write this new 1.5 patch over old one 1.1... just copy pasted it into install folder and press install did i do something wrong? i am resintalling all from scratch will see maybe it fixes

Ok newb question coming.... how do i install this 1.5 one i fresh installed game it doesnt have .exe like old one had
Jesus...

OK, I'm not doing Indian style help desk this time. If you're too dumb to read the readme file, then I'm not gonna spoon feed you.

Unwanted

Torian Kel

Unwanted
Hmmm Sorry i didn't see there was readme packed in archive file i was so eager to install it at 1st place...

Unwanted

Torian Kel

Unwanted
Ok i reinstalled all from scratch and followed read me all works fine so far no problem i tested game in 1920x1080 but game feels so weird and tiny... so i settled for 1280x720 aspect ratio and it feels much more natural to Arcanum , again thank you Drog. Keep good work there are still a lot of people who love this game and appreciate hard work you doing for community.

1920x1080

JGckdxH.jpg

1280x720

KuScL4X.jpg

28tvxjn.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Dr Gast

Literate
We have a translation patch VO-->VF (english to french).

Our v.081229 translation patch also contains the original english language. It is practical to be able to change the language.
Our v.091225 overwrite the english files. So, we can not put back the English language after having applied it.

v.081229 translation contents :

v.0912225 translation contents :

The question is : do you think that renaming the .dat & .patch files of 0912225's translation with the same name as 081229 will work for french translation? And without overwriting the english files ?

Dr Gast

Literate
Our v.081229 translation patch ALSO CONTAINS the original english language
FALSE : He's not. But the french files overwrites them.

(sorry, can't edit yet)

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Hello Drog Black Tooth, french community here :)

Thanks for this new patch.
Oh, by the by, do you guys want border support for the French UI graphics?

I have actually made extra UI graphics for French, German and Russian versions of the game. But they're not included in the current release, since I'm not sure if they're really needed or would just complicate things for your average Joe. Still, these extra graphics would add only about 5 MB to the download.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
We have a translation patch VO-->VF (english to french).

Our v.081229 translation patch also contains the original english language. It is practical to be able to change the language.
Our v.091225 overwrite the english files. So, we can not put back the English language after having applied it.

The question is : do you think that renaming the .dat & .patch files of 0912225's translation with the same name as 081229 will work for french translation? And without overwriting the english files ?

Just overwrite the English files, less potential bugs this way. Also, have you seen this?

Dr Gast

Literate
Just overwrite the English files, less potential bugs this way.
I prefer to be able to change. I've finished v.08 without any annoying bug. One thing I like with both language installed, is that the names of the characters appear in both language in the character creation menu. It's funny to see the difference between french & english names. ... But I'm not sure how to do it.

Also, have you seen this?
Vanilla only. Not bad, I will add this for the Vanilla tutorial.

Can you show me a picture for exemple ?

Anyway, with High-Res 1.5 patch, I need to reinstall the game to fix my tutorial. I'm going to check stuffs : ddraw for w8/10, no3d, doublebuffer... Hard times.

See you after reinstalling the game... in a few hours ^^

Last edited:

Dr Gast

Literate
The response is yes. But i have to understand it perfectly to write a description. :)

I found "Extra Animations Pack" on terra-arcanum.com, wich is new for me. Please, can you describe it a bit ? Ex : is it for characters only ? New sprites ?

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
The response is yes. But i have to understand it perfectly to write a description. :)
It's not much, basically just the character sheet background and the various maps (e.g. Thorvald's map of the location of the Wheel CLan) that use the logbook/written UI, 6 files in total.

I found "Extra Animations Pack" on terra-arcanum.com, wich is new for me. Please, can you describe it a bit ? Ex : is it for characters only ? New sprites ?
Please don't use that pack, it was made in a hurry and has game breaking bugs. I've since remade the pack from scratch and it was supposed to be a part of the UAP 2.0, but that project in on hold for the time being.

Dr Gast

Literate
It's not much, basically just the character sheet background and the various maps (e.g. Thorvald's map of the location of the Wheel CLan) that use the logbook/written UI, 6 files in total.
Ok, sure it would be great !

- I found "Extra Animations Pack" on terra-arcanum.com, wich is new for me. Please, can you describe it a bit ? Ex : is it for characters only ? New sprites ?

- Please don't use that pack, it was made in a hurry and has game breaking bugs. I've since remade the pack from scratch and it was supposed to be a part of the UAP 2.0, but that project in on hold for the time being

Ouch ! Thank you for the warning.
Downloading in progress from GoG

PS : "level cap remover" before "High Res Patch", really ? -->
  1. Install the game. Any English version will do, whether it's the original US/UK 2CD release, digital download (GOG) or whatever pirate compilation you have (as long as the .dat files haven't been tampered with).
  2. Install the official 1.0.7.4 patch. GOG users can skip this step.
  3. Install the unofficial patch, it doesn't matter if you choose any of the extra options or not.
  4. Install the HQ Townmaps and HQ Music packs (MP3 or Lossless (WAV + WAV Patch)).
  5. Install the universal level cap remover if you want.
  6. Install the Extra Animations Pack. NO !!
  7. Finally, install the High Resolution Patch. It goes the last, because it makes extensive changes to Arcanum.exe and has a system of backing up and restoring it.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
PS : "level cap remover" before "High Res Patch", really ?
Well, either way is fine, but the high resolution patch has a backup functionality, so you really shouldn't apply any Arcanum.exe patches after it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom