Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Guys let's be civilized

Are you kidding? We're arguing with each other over the idea that someone might be benefiting from promoting a video game on an internet forum. This is practically the peak of civilisation. Just think of how much infrastructure has to be in place to allow this to happen. You'd never see someone from a third world country doing such things, nor would they be capable of it even if they wanted to. We're living the dream!

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Is that why you constantly attack Underrail?
With that said, the exploration in UR is superb (if you think exploration in Gothic was great you should play UR, you can even blow up rubble or use a jackhammer to make your own passage), fights are fun and often challenging forcing you to use your brain instead of mindlessly clicking on an enemy and crafting is quite complex and well developed. I also haven't had that much fun levelling up since Arcanum. All in all the game is enjoyable despite many annoying things I've mentioned above.

tl;dr
Age of Decadence is a better game than UR but UR is a great RPG.
The exploration here is superb (if you think exploration in Gothic was great you should play UR, you can even blow up rubble that blocks your way and make your own passage), fights are fun and often challenging forcing you to use your brain instead of mindlessly clicking on an enemy, crafting is quite complex and well developed, character creation is well designed and allows for different builds and different playthroughs (not as good as in Age of Decadence though). The plot and dialogues are decent and even though most quests are fetch/kill quests there are many very interesting ones so that the player wouldn't get bored.

The game isn't without flaws of course. My main gripe with this game is that you can't run here and travelling is so slow. Due to this about half of your gameplay time will be spent on walking from point A to B. It's not as bad as in Bethesda games though where locations are bloated so that the world would seem bigger. You also can't buy or sell what you need/want because vendors will only buy specific items and in low numbers. The end game also sucks, the last level is just tedious and stupidly designed. http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...awakens-released.105387/page-151#post-4319112

There is an old demo available, you can try it first. Although for this price you should buy it, it's definitely worth it.
Plus if the rest was great no one here would complain about graphics, just look at SitS, AoD, Underrail or Neo Scavenger.
And on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198091764097/recommended/250520

There are more examples like this but you get the picture. If saying it's a worse game than AoD is "attacking" then yeah, I'm attacking :D.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
When someone is doing that shit 24/7 then something is not alright. They shutdown any discussion about AoD criticism.

I understand that you don't care about this situation because it is in your favor. I would feel the same.

However they are fucking pest for this forum and wherever they go. But who the fuck cares as long as it good for AoD sales.
You really think that when someone reads Goral's posts on the Codex they feel a strong and sudden urge to buy the game?

They shilled on codex, rpgwatch, steam, gog, metacritic, rps and others. It's a nice operation even if you did not ask for it.

There is one occurrence on Steam where Goral managed to direct a person interested in Underrail towards AoD. However I don't have the time to search again now therefore I cannot guarantee for it.

Also one more time: I don't attack AoD and I'm not blaming you for anything.

My issues are with them: trolling each thread pretending that they are honest parties when in fact they have an agenda. It's really frustrating to talk to walls.

Making an account for rps and rpgwatch? Isn't that like Gay-for-Pay without the pay part?

Just promise you will not make an account with neogaf.

Last edited:

hivemind

i'm high, i don't give a fuck
love the Codex, by the way...
1401041142007.jpg

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization.

It pretty much covers the situation.
What close relationship? Are they working for us? No. Did we ask them to spread awareness? No. They are enthusiastic fans who happened to like AoD a lot. I'm sorry that it bothers you a LOT, but that's all there's to it.

1) They are part of you testing group which implies that you have off-forum conversations with them (mail, messenger and so on).

2) They used your forum to coordinate this kind of operation.

In fact in that thread Goral is spewing confidential information like this:

32858310325_e2b07d4d8e_o.png

How the fuck does he know that the game is not selling too well?

3) You were part of this operation - with intention or without intention.

32050629013_b6371e9762_o.png

He down-voted all the negative reviews regardless of the fact that they made sense or not. And you thanked him.

32484230750_558b6930dc_o.png

Nice attitude dude. You basically gave the order to these morons: "Negative reviews are fair game!".

In conclusion: the assumption that you have a close relationship with them is not far fetched and the assumption that they are shills is solid. They are idiots for not getting paid but that's not my problem.

And you can bet I have a problem with this shit for the following reasons:

1) They shilled hard in the "The Age of Incline: RPG Codex's 2012-2016 GOTY Results" thread.

There are clues that vote manipulation took place and AoD was one of the games that profited the most.

32787066305_f9c89c51af_o.png

2) These are toxic posters which deform, derail and destroy any kind of criticism for AoD.

The perverse thing is that they are covering their backs therefore it's hard to drag them in the open.

3) There is no comparison with Underrail in this department.

Nobody from the Underrail sub-forum was engaged in this kind of bullshit.

You should put a leash on your rabid dogs.

Last edited:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Why are AoD fans having metdows suddenly? First Iranian Anus, now makiavelli747. Is it contagious? Should Lurker King and Goral evacuate from the Codex while they still can?
:hmmm:

What do you call toro's behaviour then? Look at this thread or this one: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...e-broken-man-courtesy-of-deep-caverns.112978/ :lol: (the second thread is doubly hilarious not only because he's showing his meltdown and stalkery tendencies but also because he said EXACT SAME THING as me)

Fake edit:
Looking at toro's newest post I'm wondering whether he's trolling or if he really is that delusional.

racofer

Thread Incliner
A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization.

It pretty much covers the situation.
What close relationship? Are they working for us? No. Did we ask them to spread awareness? No. They are enthusiastic fans who happened to like AoD a lot. I'm sorry that it bothers you a LOT, but that's all there's to it.

1) They are part of you testing group which implies that you have off-forum conversations with them (mail, messenger and so on).

2) They used your forum to coordinate this kind of operation.

In fact in that thread Goral is spewing confidential information like this:

32858310325_e2b07d4d8e_o.png

How the fuck does he know that the game is not selling too well?

There is this thing called SteamSpy: http://steamspy.com/app/230070

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Why are AoD fans having metdows suddenly? First Iranian Anus, now makiavelli747. Is it contagious? Should Lurker King and Goral evacuate from the Codex while they still can?
:hmmm:

What do you call toro's behaviour then? Look at this thread or this one: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...e-broken-man-courtesy-of-deep-caverns.112978/ :lol: (the second thread is doubly hilarious not only because he's showing his meltdown and stalkery tendencies but also because he said EXACT SAME THING as me)

Fake edit:
Looking at toro's newest post I'm wondering whether he's trolling or if he really is that delusional.

Haha, I was just wondering if it can spread from non-AoD fanboys to normal posters.

toro
That last post was a bit too much, don't you think?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom