Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Another Day, Another Codex Lawsuit

A user named cat

qSPzPFF.png

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
To commemorate the loss of FSM I for one would happily pledge for a tier in (TRUE) Grimoire (TM) where an unfortunate (but most deserved) Gloryholy Neckbeard Lawyer takes it Hentai-style by a Flying Spaghetti Monster.

:ibelieveincleve:

Angthoron

Arcane
What hasn't been mentioned here yet is that our own young, aspiring lawyer, Mr. Flying Spaghetti Monster, esq. got into a little tit-for-tat pissing match with this guy and he seems to have been rather successfully intimidated by him, apparently scared that Ryan "Matlock" Morrison was going to tattle on him to his new bosses and/or his professors (FSM's not a real lawyer yet).

Like it or not, we are retreating. We are being bullied. But I say, just like in the Battle of the Bulge (which is oddly apropos here at Codex), "nuts!". Fuck this guy.

:decline: of FSM. Don't reveal your dox, nigga! Never reveal your dox!
I would engage this joke lawyer in a jurisduel, but my brazilian jurismajificks don't work on foreign soil (arrgh common law, my greatest weakness! It saps all my power!), and I do not want to use any international treaty scrolls against this guy - partly because they suck.
Man, this new doxxing thing sucks. Bring back the dixxing and girltubbing fads of pre-2010.

EG

Nullified
Not really, general impression is that the kickstarter was just a cash grab, thus they can just carry on without it -- particularly if they make early access.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Not really, general impression is that the kickstarter was just a cash grab, thus they can just carry on without it -- particularly if they make early access.
using kickstarter instead of indiegogo for cashgrabs is a failure in itself.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
So when you'd go to jail for 15 years no parole because you said word "fart", and someone thought you are talking about him?

Also does anyone have any clue about what this complain was about? It surely wan't obvious from the wording.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I can't take a "lawyer" seriously when he is unable to write "pro bono" properly, notwithstanding his sending C&D emails over the grave issue of Internet forum thread shitposting. Here's some defamation of character for you, Mr. Ryan P. Morrison, Esq.: From whose offices did you burgle your Juris Doctor? Barring that, where did you find your counterfeiter, and can I meet him?

My entire family are lawyers, quite literally. My late father was a lawyer, my mother is a lawyer, my sister is a lawyer, and even my godfather is a lawyer. They, in turn, know a lot of judges and lawyers thanks to their work. I know more lawyers than you can shake a stick at, and a good handful of them are happy to offer me gratis legal advice over the phone. At least three of them are willing to work for me for little or no cost if I get into mild legal trouble.

Mr. Ryan P. Morrison, Esq. is the type of "lawyer" who, when portrayed in TV shows and the movies, had to take the bar exam six times before passing and practices out of a paneled-wood broom closet in a strip mall, with a local retired prostitute who types 12 WPM as his secretary and sole employee... although that's giving him the benefit of the doubt of being a lawyer in the first place. Bring it on, you third-rate clown.

goodluckbehind.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom