Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Salvo

Arcane
You guys are way too obsessed with shitting on things that have little to no influence on your lives.

That's why I like you:lol:

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I just got to the end of Pallegina's quest, and... I can't believe they did it again. What I mean is that they literally took that pseudo-philosophical luddite nonsense from the WM2 ending dialogue (about technology and progress being bad and potentially dangerous) and made an even worse reprise of it. Ugh.

Whoever is responsible for all this crap should quit writing dialogue for video games and start a new life in a cave somewhere.

Mortmal

Arcane
split a thread to create a new one that already has like 45 pages to give an impression that the dlc and the game is anything from the DUMPSTERFIRE it is

infinitron is transparent as fuck
He better do, the dlc isn't even showing on first page of steam top sales, the only thing to do is consolidate the threads like a farmer pump up the cow with hormones and meds for it to look healthy enough during the show.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
mastertrolling.png

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i was googling "western rpg franchise versus final fantasy" in order to make a new trolling thread with the title of

"is there any western rpg that has a better story than ff7" (or a variation thereof)

anyway during the search stumbled upon some truly goldmine IGN forum threads "debating" the merits of wrpgs vs jrpgs.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Well I played around with it a bit, just reached the Rymgrand realm. So far it's pretty good. Art and environments are gorgeous. Seems like there is some new music that actually doesn't suck for a change. I hated the very idea to have more woo-woo content but the premise is actually cool and might just be the very first god related content in the Pillars franchise that isn't shit.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
completely different art style, but I think overall STASIS (an isometric 2d adventure/horror game) easily wins over PoE.

outer-airlock-2.jpg
Image1.jpg
CAMP.jpg

166gn80.jpg
train-station-colour.jpg
homage.jpg
Hologram-InActive.jpg

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
That does look good, but none of those screens are as highly detailed

2PFn6CD.jpg

EddIeNF.jpg

suWSvVe.jpg

e057YGy.jpg

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
Keep an eye out for Beautiful Desolation, from the creators of Stasis. That will definitely be giving PoE II a run for its money in the aesthetics department.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
i was googling "western rpg franchise versus final fantasy" in order to make a new trolling thread with the title of

"is there any western rpg that has a better story than ff7" (or a variation thereof)

anyway during the search stumbled upon some truly goldmine IGN forum threads "debating" the merits of wrpgs vs jrpgs.
Are you saying that FF games have some kind of story? I though that they were all about grinding,random encounters and tedious combat.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Are you saying that FF games have some kind of story? I though that they were all about grinding,random encounters and tedious combat.

You forgot about 11 hours of Michael Bay quality animation

Shadenuat

Arcane
So what do you people think about Waidwen retcon. Cause I'm beginning to think Eothas is kinda a retard.

Eothas allowed Waidwen to get exploded cause atheism.

So Eothas wanted peoples to prove they don't need gods and expose engwithians.... and people proved it by using help from Magran / Woedica to explode him

Then in the end of Deadfire he wants to see ingenuity of the kith... and most options revolve around making some another god watching over and guiding everyone

The god of new era, which kinda makes next era same as it was.

At this point I don't understand the themes at all, especially since all next DLCs will focus on gods too.

imweasel

LoL this games is soooo dead,in a year time it will be like numanuma with 50 dudes playing it. I was curious if the dlc will sell a few copies but it seems that it is dead. I was expecting at least 5000 peak.

Here is the steam chart and it is pretty dire,for comparison the game had around 1700-1800 people 24 hours peak. It seems that the dlc is selling pretty poorly.

Screenshot_2018_8_4_Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire_Steam_Charts.png

3HeDgCG.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom