Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Anyways... I figure those are probably the locations of the upcoming DLC. I've also pieced together that the next DLC is about a tournament hosted by Galawain between three factions. The Seekers, the Slayers, and the Survivors.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Like how you can just proclaim all gods are assholes and in the end nuke Rymgard with twin meteor showers together with dragon

As he throws you away to planet earth you can call him a jerk and tear a cloak out of his furry ass to finish your sweet morrowind ice armor set

Gods as characters have lost all mystery and dignity completely. next time to kill wael by throwing salt on his eyeballs

Also I've read on reddit that they made a mockery out of Ydwin and nobody cares about her and you can just kill her in the end.

For next DLC I'll probably drop pure cipher for second Evoker in party. Since new bosses would probably take 4 meteor showers to take down.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
I actually found it intriguing how if you defeat his avatar he let's you go, because the game informs you afterwards that he could kill you in an instant if he really wanted to.

Also if you beat either boss with only two meteor showers, then you're a casual that's not playing on PoTD.

Last edited:

Sizzle

Arcane
Finished it. Some impressions, spoilered for those of you who have yet to play it:

- Pretty short (I think it took me around 4-5h to complete everything), only a few small quests (2 or 3) besides the main one.

- A couple of interesting sections (like the time rewind stuff with St. Waidwen, which was reminiscent of the time loop location in Icewind Dale 2).

- You finally get the option to kick a god's ass, and it's every bit as satisfying as a proper power fantasy should be (even though it's somewhat false, as he could have killed you if he so chose, it's still a welcome addition).

- More soulbound items. Since the sequel completely overhauled the enchanting system, I'm not sure why they're bothering with these - regular enchanted items turn out better anyway.

- They finally added trinkets. Fun little add-ons, most of these serve as quest items.

- Didn't have the prerequisite skills, but it seems like it is possible to convince the Dragon to attack (maybe even consume and replace) Rymrgand.

- Vatnir is an interesting character (a cowardly Godlike who's feigning authority and competence), I'm disappointed he isn't a full-fledged companion.

All in all, not as good as TWM, but it's an okay little side adventure.

Looking forward to the next one.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I actually found it intriguing how if you defeat his avatar he let's you go, because the game informs you afterwards that he could kill you in an instant if he really wanted to. Seems like he was trying to test your mettle.
bhuut of course. they all can kill you in an instant
but you are special and they need you so much

Also if you beat either boss with only two meteor showers, then you're a casual that's not playing on PoTD.
:shittydog:

Bonerbill

Augur
You get away with saying a lot of unfunny shit
True. Not sure why he's tolerated on this forum. He'll always receive a
rating_shit.png
rating from me.

And you get away with a lot of trolling or genuine false opinions, but here we are.
Stop talking about yourself. It's embarrassing.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
It's about the same size as TWM Part 1 if you remove all of the bounties and fetch quests. TWM Part 1 main quest is basically two small dungeons and a medium sized dungeon. BoW is a medium sized dungeon and a large dungeon.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I like how the quality and effort of safav's trolling has gone way down, but bonerbill still didn't catch on:lol:

Unless... :itsisamystery:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
For next DLC I'll probably drop pure cipher for second Evoker in party. Since new bosses would probably take 4 meteor showers to take down.
How about stop playing that endless decline? Did you actually enjoy this dlc so you will play the next one,the one that is just about combat?

Shadenuat

Arcane
How about stop playing that endless decline? Did you actually enjoy this dlc so you will play the next one,the one that is just about combat?
I don't think I know what joy is anymore

lol deadye gives +5 accuracy
seems like Alchemy only increases duration now?

Last edited:

Ziggy

Scholar
where is he?
do you have to jack into someone in particular during inquisitor boring portalkingdom?
what happens? couldn't find

maybe it depends on save state.

i demand my fanservice :deadhorse:

on the bridge when you talk to the priestess next to godhammer you speak as durance. it might depend on savestate and on giving her the thing from the tower in the same location

Mortmal

Arcane
LoL this games is soooo dead,in a year time it will be like numanuma with 50 dudes playing it. I was curious if the dlc will sell a few copies but it seems that it is dead. I was expecting at least 5000 peak.

Here is the steam chart and it is pretty dire,for comparison the game had around 1700-1800 people 24 hours peak. It seems that the dlc is selling pretty poorly.

Screenshot_2018_8_4_Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire_Steam_Charts.png

No russian keys available for the DLC, and it will likely be heavily discounted in 3 months anyways.Of course its not selling right now.

Flou

Arbiter
LoL this games is soooo dead,in a year time it will be like numanuma with 50 dudes playing it. I was curious if the dlc will sell a few copies but it seems that it is dead. I was expecting at least 5000 peak.

Here is the steam chart and it is pretty dire,for comparison the game had around 1700-1800 people 24 hours peak. It seems that the dlc is selling pretty poorly.

Screenshot_2018_8_4_Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire_Steam_Charts.png

No russian keys available for the DLC, and it will likely be heavily discounted in 3 months anyways.Of course its not selling right now.

Only 66% have the 1st achievement anyways. That 34% is tens of thousands of people just waiting to play it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
split a thread to create a new one that already has like 45 pages to give an impression that the dlc and the game is anything from the DUMPSTERFIRE it is

infinitron is transparent as fuck
Yeah,the forum is filled with all those retarded PoE2 threads,it is a cluster fuck! All this shit should be consolidated in one fucking thread.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
It is odd how he chose to split it at the trailer as opposed to the actual release date.

To inflate the number of pages in the thread to make it appear more hyped up and talked about than it actually is... typical (((TACTIC)))

"oh deadfire dlc thread? wow 48 pages? this must be good!"
vs
"oh deadfire dlc thread? 2 pages? dumpsterfire at work!"

How much is Feargus paying you?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom