Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Ivan

Arcane
my body is ready

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What's the main seeling point of this series? I know it's popular in Asia so it must involve a lot of grinding.

Perkel

Arcane
What's the main seeling point of this series? I know it's popular in Asia so it must involve a lot of grinding.

Summary:
- better than Dark Souls combat but unlike DS you can't be lucky as it is attrition war.
- 1000s of pieces of equipment with skills and shit
- shitload of various ways to play
- each monster has terrific AI so you learn them for hours not just minutes.

At the end of the day you really feel like you killed huge beast by actually fighting it with your wits instead of poking leg and it dying.

There isn't any grinding per se. You can finish whole game in starting armor + starting weapon. People grind because they love to grind and make new stuff from monster parts.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
You can finish whole game in starting armor + starting weapon.
Wait, what happened to sharpness and weapon bounce? That was the gear barrier in previous games.

Vorark

Erudite
Crap, just noticed the specs + Denuvo crapware. :negative:

Edit: None of the PS4 updates made it in. Typical.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Grinding - doing mindless task like fighting same enemies to better yourself in order to progress.

MH - upgrade first weapon you got 2-3 times with basic materials and you can kill any monster in game.

Grinding in MH isn't really grinding. It remind more of collecting stuff. You don't do it because you need to progress, you do it because your OCD sats so and making full armor from said monster is like ultimate "fuck you monster" as you literaly wear his skin like in some barbarian tribe.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The way to break monster hunter tedium when collecting body parts is to bring different weapon sets each time. It maybe a lower tier than your main, but the you get the advantage from already knowing the attack patterns, plus new challenge in figuring how to utilize your new weapon against the boss.

Perkel

Arcane
The PS4 updates not making it in is a bit shit but i'm glad to see it finally coming out soon.

Is it confirmed ? I mean trailer phrase could be just to inform people that free dlc will be coming every now and then as support for game.

Hyperion

Arcane
The PS4 updates not making it in is a bit shit but i'm glad to see it finally coming out soon.

Is it confirmed ? I mean trailer phrase could be just to inform people that free dlc will be coming every now and then as support for game.
It will be released with identical content to that of console release (but hopefully with weapon balance changes intact), but releases will be on shorter cycles until it "hopefully" catches up to the ps4 / xbone versions.

Perkel

Arcane

It will be released with identical content to that of console release (but hopefully with weapon balance changes intact), but releases will be on shorter cycles until it "hopefully" catches up to the ps4 / xbone versions.

Source ?

Irata

Scholar
Denuvo eh? That sucks. Isn't this an online game?
I tried Dauntless which is supposed to be similar to this game. I thought it was kind of fun, but it became repetitious.

Hyperion

Arcane

Source ?
https://www.pcgamer.com/monster-hun...-updates-mouse-and-keyboard-support-and-more/

Perkel

Arcane
Well at least he says that updates will be much quicker. So i assume they will want eventually to hit parity.
Still i can perfectly see it selling more than 2mln. My estimate is around 3mln for PC version or even more. Games such as these are just ideal fit for PC much like Dark Souls was. A lot of gameplay, multi and community based.

Perkel

Arcane
Good news everyone ! waiting for MHW but can't find their MH fix right now ?
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate aka the best MH game after MHW works now great on Citra.

Normally when you download citra it works on about 70% speed in game (with cpu@4,5Ghz) but with trick it works at 100% (and without limiter 170% speed for me so you would need half of 4,5Ghz only).

Before switching on game go to config > graphics > switch on stereoscopic 3d set amount to 1%. Then switch on game and once game loads switch off stereoscopic 3d in options. Basically it forces game to switch off 3D because for some reason game starts with that turned on.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom