Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

FPP makes women cry.

To me is more like fpp games expecially the new one that are particolarry heavy with head bobbing and shaky effect give me motion sickness..

Loostreaks

Learned
Ahh, a codexian...a most curious combination of grumpy old man dreaming of days of yore vigor and youth, and edgelord teenager constantly snarling, thinking it makes him look "clever and sophisticated" :lol::lol::lol:

- Sandbox of massive Scale, Simulation And Interactivity

- Complex rpg mechanics with meaningful background, stats, skills, feats and a massive variety of player customization, gear, weapons and cyberware

- Open ended quest design, with ton of pathways to achieve your goal, tied to your character build and skills

- Complex dialogue system with meaningful choices and repercussions

- Restricted open world exploration based on player progression

- No idiotic Fallout 'Chosen one' thrope...Instead Earn every scrap of your success

- Damn good, fun gameplay and shit load better than anything you'll find in ANY crpg

- Seamless blend of stealth, dialogue and action

- Static npc "levels", no level scaling

- No quest markers or handholding, far less UI reliance

Instead what we hear them complain...Why First Perssson? Muh head hurts from motion sickness! Why the sun and wherez the rain?
Buckle up, snarling bitches, Poles are here and bringing AAA :incline:

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
We are much more prestigious than all the mainstream gaming journos at E3 anyway.

Has any worthwhile summary come from backroom demo presentation? Most of what I've read so far has basically been "we saw X, Y and Z... looks pretty COOL, guys". I mean, for god's sake you people play video games for a living so give me more than that. How does it stack up to current RPG standards, did anything in particular stand out, is it Witcher 3 with a new coat of paint, etc. Codex would've at least torn a new one on every critical nitpick.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Can cyborgs still have sex?

xdqIhR5.png

Should have added in the title, "not enough stats and classes edition" because apparantly the game will missing half of the stats from the pnp rpg (MA, BODY, ATT, LUCK, and even Empathy) and you got only three classes to play with.

Sentinel

Arcane
I read from some outlet they werent blown away by the graphics, definitely current gen game.
They're trying to dodge the "what platforms is this coming out on" question. It's a cross-gen title, similar to GTA V.
I'll eagerly await for the shitstorm when CDPR makes people pay twice for the PC version. (initial release & upgraded next gen version)

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Frankly, at the end of the day, it's not all that important. We get the information at the end, one way or another. If the Codex wants to interview devs, we can do that by email. And it's not like if we sent a guy to E3, he would be allowed to post Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay footage here or something.

Going to gaming conventions is only crucial if you're a site that needs to post BREAKING NEWS for the clicks. Otherwise it's purely a prestige thing.
I'd like a codexer's view of the demo though, and for now we have to rely on less prestigious outlets. But as you say, it's a problem finding someone to make the sacrifice.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Most of the gripes with design choices would be easily fixed with mods anyway. Unless CDPR learns something wrong from the drama and not count the TW3 mod tool backlash, of course. If there's no mod support, then this Perspective Drama will bite their asses for a long time.

Also news.

Last edited:
Most of the gripes with design choices would be easily fixed with mods anyway. Unless CDPR learns something wrong from the drama and not count the TW3 mod tool backlash, of course. If there's no mod support, then this Perspective Drama will bite their asses for a long time.
Could you fix something that should be there? like stats, especially empathy. Unless they showed us the perfect replacement of those missing content, but i doubt it would be easy to imagine. I mean its missing the stat that let you govern how persuasive, nay not only that but also wether you are psychopathic individual when you are at high coolness and lots of stuff asociated with cybernetic implant. I know humanity cost have some of its flaw but doesnt mean an entire stat have to be scraped like that.

Frankly, perspective is not my concern at all compared to the roleplay aspect of this game.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hopefully in the future Infinitron might be able to convince DU to send someone to next events for interviews.

It's not about convincing DU, it's about finding somebody in the Los Angeles area willing and able to visit the hellscape that is the E3 Expo for multiple days in a row and then write a bunch of shit about it, all for free.

I'm not sure that people realize how one of a kind Bubbles was for this type of stuff. His meltdown was a real loss for us.
Wouldn't be easier to find some way to rope in bubbles back than find a new scrub? Don't you guys have some hacked picture/video of him fucking his own dog or something similar? What kind of hive of villainy and skulduggery this is?

Loostreaks

Learned
Why doesn't Codex have a coverage of this? I mean even a gaming Jurno outlet from my 3rd world country got to make a preview

Fargo got Infinitron blacklisted everywhere. So now he's cursed to wander around like a ghost...never accepted, nowhere at home.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Could you fix something that should be there? like stats, especially empathy. Unless they showed us the perfect replacement of those missing content, but i doubt it would be easy to imagine. I mean its missing the stat that let you govern how persuasive, nay not only that but also wether you are psychopathic individual when you are at high coolness and lots of stuff asociated with cybernetic implant. I know humanity cost have some of its flaw but doesnt mean an entire stat have to be scraped like that.
I guess so but it means alot of busy scripting works and research on how stats affect certain parameters. I mean, if not emphaty, how else it's possible to limit players appetite for moar and better implants? Given the history of non-existent balance throughout Witcher series, economical constrains are out of the question. Not to mention how cutting humanity cost ruined Cyberpunk v3.x among other things. Agile V is fine but it's better to be able to limit character agility and, ahem, "multitasking" ability by Movement Allowance stat.
Lending action in players hands at least for me would just make the game easy and so, boring run'n'gun. So stats not affecting combat is a huge decline. This is alot harder to fix, though. Bullet spray, gun swaying, all that might not even be in the game.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hopefully in the future Infinitron might be able to convince DU to send someone to next events for interviews.

It's not about convincing DU, it's about finding somebody in the Los Angeles area willing and able to visit the hellscape that is the E3 Expo for multiple days in a row and then write a bunch of shit about it, all for free.

I'm not sure that people realize how one of a kind Bubbles was for this type of stuff. His meltdown was a real loss for us.

1 Bubbles = 6,23x10^23 Prime Junta

Meltdown? More akin the realisation that codex staff is filled with moronic cucks

Freddie

Savant
https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2018/06/12/impressions-and-details-from-50-minutes-of-gameplay - so far the most in-depth preview from that 50 minutes demo. We probably would get this demo at Gamescom (hopefuly) it seems that the demo is very polished so there is no reason to hide it from general public. Doing press first they have free advertisement from all the press sites which will write their previews i guess

From what i read it will definitely wont be "GTA V", and in most previews they are saying that it differ from Witcher 3 a lot.
From the linked article:
She meets Jackie outside, who is bragging about his new car. V says she wants to take it for a spin. Driving can be handled from first- or third-person, and in this instant shows us just how big the world is. V takes the car across crowded streets, onto the highway, and more. Jackie is constantly chatting with V in the car. Along the way, the car is attacked by a random scavenger group in a van, who throw open the back doors to open fire. V can lean out of the car to return fire. After the gunmen are down and the vehicle is destroyed, they drive to the meeting point.
About time we finally get this sort of gameplay!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Why do all people think that cyberpunk=eternal darkness?

Blade Runner did this.

First I winced too but now I like the idea of cyberpunk in a futuristic Southern California town.

I was a little surprised by the generic cyberpunk reactions in the E3 thread. Like I can get someone not liking the direction they've gone with this, but colorful sunny California isn't exactly the setting you usually see in cyberpunk. Cyberpunk is usually dark, dank, and dilapidated.
I am pretty sure that the game will have dark and dilapidated parts too.

Freddie

Savant
It's normally caused by the FOV being too low (tbh anything below 80 makes my eyes hurt), the only game I can remember that caused motion sickness for people no matter what was Half Life 2, which was caused by input delay.
Yeah and it FOV effect happens regardless of game being FPS or TPP. Which makes those complaints about FPS causing this quite weird.

Perkel

Arcane
Also for people wondering about possibility of some sort of chip language mods:

"VO for cyberpunk 2077 as listed by developer PL, EN, DE, FR, ES, PT-BR, RU, JP, KR, ZH-S"

So making it reality isn't really a problem it is only question of neat system that instead of being something you pick in options game does it on the fly.

And in before someone says "they won't be doing VO for so many languages". TW3 had i think more than that and full pro VO to point where Priscilla song was done in various languages with decent quality.

I guess so but it means alot of busy scripting works and research on how stats affect certain parameters. I mean, if not emphaty, how else it's possible to limit players appetite for moar and better implants? Given the history of non-existent balance throughout Witcher series, economical constrains are out of the question. Not to mention how cutting humanity cost ruined Cyberpunk v3.x among other things. Agile V is fine but it's better to be able to limit character agility and, ahem, "multitasking" ability by Movement Allowance stat.
Lending action in players hands at least for me would just make the game easy and so, boring run'n'gun. So stats not affecting combat is a huge decline. This is alot harder to fix, though. Bullet spray, gun swaying, all that might not even be in the game.

This is bad, not even bethesda scraped charisma stat in fallout 4 yet CDPR manage outdone and hold my beer to them by scrapping a literally persuasive atrribute (and not only that, but both physical and mental atrribute). No luck stat, hell even fallout 4 still have luck stat. God damnit CDPR dont give bethesda any idea to scrap an rpg aspect of game!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom