Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lords of Xulima

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
On July 28th, 2017, CUCK writes:

"You are a fucking weird as always. How is spending my hard earned money on games because you don't feel like working going? You leftist piece of shit pariah. You guys sure do love your welfare and spending the hard earned money stolen by workers who deserve it more than you. And you spend it on games and being a retard online. That's the kicker. Words have definitions and they should be used correctly. That is the most effective way of communicating. And knowing what things are and mean. Learning, growing, achieving - these things are alien to you so just listen to your betters who support your sloth."

Leftist? LMFAO. You're the leftist cuck. I'm the TrumpBOT remember? No, of course you don't, just like you don't remember filling out surveys and shit so you can sneak in a few bucks for a game because your wife won't let you buy one, meaning:

1: Your wife controls your money, you are a cuck.
2: Your wife provides for you, you're projecting as SJW leftist trash always does.

"Words have definitions and they should be used correctly." indeed.

But hey, keep going full retard online and projecting harder than a movie theater. Right now you are dancing for your betters.

My wife controls the money but she sure as fuck doesn't provide much of anything besides being a cunt. Well, I guess she does all the mother shit with the kids and cooks, but she sucks at cleaning and making money. She is much better at yelling at me and making rules about how I can't spend the money I earn.

But that is called grown up life and being an adult. You have a cunt wife and shithead kids and a job and all those things compete to suck the life out of you. Oh, to be a child on welfare like you. All day to play games, your mother doing your laundry. No responsibility. Just haphazard living, playing games and being weird on the internet and using words incorrectly. Simple words even a simpleton like you can't get right. All day doing nothing but playing games and living off of my hard earned dollar and you can't even have the decency to use simple words right? Fucking leftist shill.

Doktor Best

Arcane
If it feels like a blobber - it's a blobber. Heart knows better.

Who the fuck cares how your party moves around the goddamned map? That's like smokescreening away from actual real concerns like the threat of nuclear war over 3 out of 10k people thinking their gender light switch is set wrong and sperging out over where they can take a piss or if they can go get killed in the wars they wanted. Oh wait...

The term blobber cares how the party moves around the environment. The person who coined the term cared. I have valid questions above on my changing definitions of other subgenres, I don't see you supporting my changes. So you are just like the other guy I quoted and basing thinsg on feelings instead of valid criteria. Your world of feelings determining everything and redefining things is nonsense. I believe in science and definitions, not liberal agendas basing everything on feelings and certain people being offended like you seem to also agree with.

I stated valid criteria, its just that youre too much of a fucking autist to be able to aknowledge the blending of subgenres, which has led to the creation of games very similar to a certain style while lacking one aspect of it.

You never once stated anything valid. You can blend genres but blobber has a specific meaning, like first person has a specific meaning. You can't have top down first person, you can't have third person first person, and you can't have a blobber that isn't first person and your party moves as a blob. Period.

No, the term blobber describes a game in which the player controlled party moves as one blob. Hence the term blobber. The name itself does not suggest anything else beside that. People maybe coined the term for fps rpgs, as back then every blobber pretty much had a first person perspecitve, but that is no longer the case.

And you still have yet to bring up ONE argument that ties the first person perspective indefinitely to the gameplay of a blobber. And you wont, because you cant, because the perspective of the game does not account for shit other than graphical immersion.

Its like saying first person action rpgs are not to be called action rpgs because the first action rpg had a top down perspective. Or like saying mario cart is not a racing game because it has a third person perspective.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

Who the fuck cares how your party moves around the goddamned map? That's like smokescreening away from actual real concerns like the threat of nuclear war over 3 out of 10k people thinking their gender light switch is set wrong and sperging out over where they can take a piss or if they can go get killed in the wars they wanted. Oh wait...

The term blobber cares how the party moves around the environment. The person who coined the term cared. I have valid questions above on my changing definitions of other subgenres, I don't see you supporting my changes. So you are just like the other guy I quoted and basing thinsg on feelings instead of valid criteria. Your world of feelings determining everything and redefining things is nonsense. I believe in science and definitions, not liberal agendas basing everything on feelings and certain people being offended like you seem to also agree with.

I stated valid criteria, its just that youre too much of a fucking autist to be able to aknowledge the blending of subgenres, which has led to the creation of games very similar to a certain style while lacking one aspect of it.

You never once stated anything valid. You can blend genres but blobber has a specific meaning, like first person has a specific meaning. You can't have top down first person, you can't have third person first person, and you can't have a blobber that isn't first person and your party moves as a blob. Period.

No, the term blobber describes a game in which the player controlled party moves as one blob. Hence the term blobber. The name itself does not suggest anything else beside that. People maybe coined the term for fps rpgs, as back then every blobber pretty much had a first person perspecitve, but that is no longer the case.

And you still have yet to bring up ONE argument that ties the first person perspective indefinitely to the gameplay of a blobber. And you wont, because you cant, because the perspective of the game does not account for shit other than graphical immersion.

Its like saying first person action rpgs are not to be called action rpgs because the first action rpg had a top down perspective. Or like saying mario cart is not a racing game because it has a third person perspective.

Okay, listen kid. From at least Akalebath or whatever the first Richard Garriot game was that overhead was it (when it was the only time it was actually a blob, or this case a dot or a couple dots together). In my early days I played far, far more overhead crpgs than first person. Learn your history before before running your little peon child mouth. It was overhead, then wire, then back to overhead when computers got a little better in the mid 80s, then mixed until mid 90s, then overhead until now.

If a character has a graphical representation that looks like a fucking character and not a blob it isn't a fucking blob. On this fucking site, a person that still fucking posts invented the term for 1st person party games where you do not see your fucking party moving and they move as an anonymous and unseen blob together. The party doesn't look like a fucking blob, it doesn't look like anything because you can't fucking see them you fucking stupid fucking retarded piece of shit. Shut the fuck up with your stupid blabble before I stick my fucking blob into your fucking retard drooly mouth you fucking monkey. How the fuck are you still even attempting to argue this? How do you think you know anything? Why don't you go ask your mom's boyfriend for your allowance and go buy some pokeman or something else you can handle and understand and leave the adult conversations to the people it should belong to.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
From at least Akalebath or whatever the first Richard Garriot game was that overhead was it (when it was the only time it was actually a blob, or this case a dot or a couple dots together).

Akalabeth wasn't party-based, idiot.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded

"You are a fucking weird as always. How is spending my hard earned money on games because you don't feel like working going? You leftist piece of shit pariah. You guys sure do love your welfare and spending the hard earned money stolen by workers who deserve it more than you. And you spend it on games and being a retard online. That's the kicker. Words have definitions and they should be used correctly. That is the most effective way of communicating. And knowing what things are and mean. Learning, growing, achieving - these things are alien to you so just listen to your betters who support your sloth."

Leftist? LMFAO. You're the leftist cuck. I'm the TrumpBOT remember? No, of course you don't, just like you don't remember filling out surveys and shit so you can sneak in a few bucks for a game because your wife won't let you buy one, meaning:

2: Your wife provides for you, you're projecting as SJW leftist trash always does.

But hey, keep going full retard online and projecting harder than a movie theater. Right now you are dancing for your betters.

My wife controls the money but she sure as fuck doesn't provide much of anything besides being a cunt. Well, I guess she does all the mother shit with the kids and cooks, but she sucks at cleaning and making money. She is much better at yelling at me and making rules about how I can't spend the money I earn.

But that is called grown up life and being an adult. You have a cunt wife and shithead kids and a job and all those things compete to suck the life out of you. Oh, to be a child on welfare like you. All day to play games, your mother doing your laundry. No responsibility. Just haphazard living, playing games and being weird on the internet and using words incorrectly. Simple words even a simpleton like you can't get right. All day doing nothing but playing games and living off of my hard earned dollar and you can't even have the decency to use simple words right? Fucking leftist shill.

As I said, cuck. Any man would take one look at someone controlling their life and exploiting them and say GTFO. You, as a useless, self loathing little bitch sit there and take it. And then you cry about it with randoms on the internet. Aren't you half black? You're a failure of your race, you should be doing the cucking.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

As I said, cuck. Any man would take one look at someone controlling their life and exploiting them and say GTFO. You, as a useless, self loathing little bitch sit there and take it. And then you cry about it with randoms on the internet. Aren't you half black? You're a failure of your race, you should be doing the cucking.

I'm also against marriage. It should be abolished. But you seem to be against it without knowing it, which is funny.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
From at least Akalebath or whatever the first Richard Garriot game was that overhead was it (when it was the only time it was actually a blob, or this case a dot or a couple dots together).

Akalabeth wasn't party-based, idiot.

It was overhead, idiot. Most of the early, non-text ones were a big map, party based or not. Overhead, like I said. Then wire. Then back to overhead when, etc.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
It was overhead, idiot. Most of the early, non-text ones were a big map, party based or not. Overhead, like I said. Then wire. Then back to overhead when, etc.

We are talking about blobbers; one of the key attributes of the genre is its party-based nature

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

We are talking about blobbers; one of the key attributes of the genre is its party-based nature

Your comprehension is very low. Reread what I said. I never said it was party based. I said it was fucking overhead. Why is understanding simple shit so difficult for you monkeys?

Blobbers actually have three key attributes - first person and party based and the party all moves as an unseen blob. So games like DA:O are not fucking blobbers either, or Skyrim with a companion, or any other fucking games you fucking retards can try and destroy the fucking terms for.

Doktor Best

Arcane

Okay, listen kid. From at least Akalebath or whatever the first Richard Garriot game was that overhead was it (when it was the only time it was actually a blob, or this case a dot or a couple dots together). In my early days I played far, far more overhead crpgs than first person. Learn your history before before running your little peon child mouth. It was overhead, then wire, then back to overhead when computers got a little better in the mid 80s, then mixed until mid 90s, then overhead until now.

If a character has a graphical representation that looks like a fucking character and not a blob it isn't a fucking blob. On this fucking site, a person that still fucking posts invented the term for 1st person party games where you do not see your fucking party moving and they move as an anonymous and unseen blob together. The party doesn't look like a fucking blob, it doesn't look like anything because you can't fucking see them you fucking stupid fucking retarded piece of shit. Shut the fuck up with your stupid blabble before I stick my fucking blob into your fucking retard drooly mouth you fucking monkey. How the fuck are you still even attempting to argue this? How do you think you know anything? Why don't you go ask your mom's boyfriend for your allowance and go buy some pokeman or something else you can handle and understand and leave the adult conversations to the people it should belong to.

:lol:

Listen, i know it must be hard for you to deal with the fact that your wife sucks foreign cock on a daily basis and that your job sucks and everything, but you should probably take care of your anger problems because spazzing that hard over an argument about semantics in videogame genres sure is a sign of an advanced mental disorder. Just tone it down a bit my friend. Go visit a doctor, take some antidepressants, talk to a therapist or something. Im sure, one day you will get over that hill an see the light.

And as already stated. You use a single character rpg as an example in an argument about party based rpgs (as you used this example as response to my post, speaking about fucking blobbers). For someone who is so keen on using narrowly stated genre definitions that seems like a major fuckup to me. Its almost as if you cant even use or even read words correctly.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Your comprehension is very low. Reread what I said. I never said it was party based. I said it was fucking overhead. Why is understanding simple shit so difficult for you monkeys?

You implied that it was a blobber, though.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

You implied that it was a blobber, though.

Are you fucking serious? That goes against every single thing I've been saying. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
And as already stated. You use a single character rpg as an example in an argument about party based rpgs (as you used this example as response to my post, speaking about fucking blobbers). For someone who is so keen on using narrowly stated genre definitions that seems like a major fuckup to me. Its almost as if you cant even use or even read words correctly.

I used an example of one of the oldest graphical rpgs I could think of you morons would have heard of. I'm done arguing with true retards with no comprehension skills. Every time I think I'm out, I get sucked back in again.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
I used an example of one of the oldest graphical rpgs I could think of you morons would have heard of. I'm done arguing with true retards with no comprehension skills. Every time I think I'm out, I get sucked back in again.

Maybe I misunderstood you or misinterpreted what you were trying to say, but it isn't the end of the world. Calm down.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Yes.

I've been playing this since quitting Legends of Eisenwald last Wednesday. I'd say I have about 40 hours in this game now and I'm delighted to report that, as of this moment in time, I have no complaints to make. I guess I might have some nitpicks at some point, but at this moment in time I'm still itching to get back to it every time I stop playing.

eggdogg

Learned
Xulima is a great game. I hope there will be a sequel

Aren't they smack dab in the middle of the They are Billions production? And when they finish that they'll jump right into making the TaB sequel, seeing how popular that game is. Who cares about a sequel for a few thousand hardcore RPG nerds.
Why you gotta take a brother's dream away?

V_K

Arcane
Apparently still in the plans:

nMqFEGl.png

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Eh, that overbalanced, highly repetitive title?
I'd rather play some jrpg blobber or something. At least they have less grinding then LoX.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom