Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You stole the game and played it for way more than any of us, so actually, yes
Money,you can refund or work for them. Now time,time is a currency that is not refundable,no one can return my wasted time. Now if you bought the game then you are fool!

Grab the Codex by the pussy
They are not even close,DAO is far superior game than this unfinished mess.
But muh grognard street card prevents me from saying good things about Bioware.

In Pillars 2, combat starts and everyone fires off a million spells and abilities, and they all go Woosh! and Ka-POWIE! and BLAMMO! and everything is dead. I don't even know what half my character's skills are or how anything really works or performs because it's over so quick.
Precisely. It feels like watching a scene, but you can't see things clearily because everything is a mess.

Give me enough rope so that I can make a fool of myself in public.
200_s.gif

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
There is a Bulgarian movie on TV atm that is blaring in the background and it's very pretentious - it's black and white, but with smartphones and laptops and such. I cringe every time the characters open their mouths to say something really out of place and pointless, and there is no narrative to speak of. This film reminds me of PoE.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Is dexterity bugged? My character speed says I should have +21% actions speed but when checking out actual abilities it says ''-17% dexterity''

imweasel

Obviously. There is nothing to debate here. DA:O beats the crap out of PoE.
Well yeah, obviously, but you are forgetting that the only thing the average codexer hates more than RTwP combat is camera rotation - and D:AO has both. :lol:
These spergers with OCD can't handle the input.
crazyrobot.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadenuat

Arcane
I don't know if I am supposed to feel sorry for little meaningless Xoti with her worthless lamp after second meeting with Eothas, or laugh at the writing and finally only keep a single orlan as a voiced companion in my party.

"boyz girlz god touch us aaah"

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire

bulgarians.jpg

This is what you deserve you fucking colossal retard. Have you ever opened your mouth to say something worthwhile that's not your delusions and feelings? I already thought you were lost cause but not even uttering a single word to refute anything I said but pretending you have is proof that you are incapable of processing information or participating in a dialogue.

Admit yourself to a mental facility on first notice.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Blakemoreland Hybrid Boss Bioware maybe shit,but DAO is far better game than this game. I have replayed DAO a few times and i will replay it a few more times in the coming years,dumpster fire i would most likely replay only once with all the dlc. That is if i don't forget about the game and feel not too lazy to pirate it.

There is a Bulgarian movie on TV atm that is blaring in the background and it's very pretentious - it's black and white, but with smartphones and laptops and such. I cringe every time the characters open their mouths to say something really out of place and pointless, and there is no narrative to speak of. This film reminds me of PoE.
Hahahaha,which bank?

Parabalus

Arcane
Well yeah, obviously, but you are forgetting that the only thing the average codexer hates more than RTwP combat is camera rotation - and D:AO has both. :lol:

DA:O is a cool game but praising the unmodded combat is mindboggling. It's MMO tank and spank with 0 thought, mods can make it challenging so you can't autopilot but it's not compelling by any means - you spam the same rotations in every fight, it's what everyone hates about PoE1 dialed up to 11.

What else should we be playing?
Did you play all the cRPG classics? How about the strategy classics? Do you intend to play all these upcoming cRPGs? I'm sure that you can find something better than a wishy-washy BG2 romance-sjw simulator to play.

Names.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

bulgarians.jpg

This is what you deserve you fucking colossal retard. Have you ever opened your mouth to say something worthwhile that's not your delusions and feelings? I already thought you were lost cause but not even uttering a single word to refute anything I said but pretending you have is proof that you are incapable of processing information or participating in a dialogue.

Admit yourself to a mental facility on first notice.
I see the moderate muslin in you is strong :lol:.

Parabalus, citations needed?

Here is a list of top 10 strategy games.
http://www.tacticularcancer.com/content.php?id=70

This is a list of top 70 cRPGs
http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9453

You will find even more suggestions of cRPGs on Felipepe's book.
https://crpgbook.wordpress.com

Here is a list of all upcoming cRPGs
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/upcoming-role-playing-games-2018-and-onward.119870/

Do you seriously want to suggest that you played all these games? That this Obsidian game is the only game in existence? That is your excuse?

Prime Junta

I've honestly tried to like DA:O. Even almost finished it once. But I just... can't. Playing it just feels like work.

Blakemoreland Hybrid Boss Bioware maybe shit,but DAO is far better game than this game. I have replayed DAO a few times and i will replay it a few more times in the coming years,dumpster fire i would most likely replay only once with all the dlc. That is if i don't forget about the game and feel not too lazy to pirate it.
I know that. I was being ironic. That's the kind of mindset of these people. Since the game has a lot of stuff in it they assume that it is better and more sophisticated because they are easily impressed. Obsidian developers can't implement good gameplay if their lives depend on it.

you gotta have some serious brain damage to defend dragon age
It is a masterpiece compared to PoEs.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
You need at least 5 mods for combat alone to make DA:O bearable. I have to agree with Lurker King on the good games issue, however, it's very unlikely for anyone to have played every single good game in existence.

duanth123

Arcane
I don't know if I am supposed to feel sorry for little meaningless Xoti with her worthless lamp after second meeting with Eothas, or laugh at the writing and finally only keep a single orlan as a voiced companion in my party.

"boyz girlz god touch us aaah"

To be fair, Xoti's characterization does improve.

I mean remember that one line of hers: Missing string 12?

Or when she told that incredibly emotional personal story about Missing string 18?

And that final reveal? That her lantern is just a prop with no item description?

They never needed Avellone.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

DA:O is a cool game but praising the unmodded combat is mindboggling. It's MMO tank and spank with 0 thought, mods can make it challenging so you can't autopilot but it's not compelling by any means - you spam the same rotations in every fight, it's what everyone hates about PoE1 dialed up to 11.

What else should we be playing?
Did you play all the cRPG classics? How about the strategy classics? Do you intend to play all these upcoming cRPGs? I'm sure that you can find something better than a wishy-washy BG2 romance-sjw simulator to play.

Names.
At least DAO have combat and just cinematic experience. It even had some hard fights,you didn't just hit space and watched people die. DAO have a lot better combat than this game.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Hey FreeKaner did Bioware fucked your woman or something? Why are you so butthurt about DAO?

I don't care about bioware whatsoever, I even played DA:O. However when retards like you incapable reaching past their flawed perception to put together two bits of info make analysis it gets on my nerves. Exercise a bit of introspection and critical thought, or don't since it lets your braindead self to participate and enjoy even DA:O, maybe try sniffing glue and getting in a knife fight instead.

Fucking morons.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You need at least 5 mods for combat alone to make DA:O bearable. I have to agree with Lurker King on the good games issue, however, it's very unlikely for anyone to have played every single good game in existence.
I have played 80% of those games. If i haven't,i wouldn't be here whining about not having any good games to play. I would rather play good games than bitch about the lack of good games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom