Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Enough negativity and doomsaying in this thread. The game is flawed but fun and engaging, way better than divos2 and there isn't quite anything like this in the market at the moment in terms of exploration and freedom. Plus we get to have our gunpowder weapons, sailing ships, breastplates and dwell into all manners of islands, caves and dungeons. I couldn't ask for more.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
There hasn't been a lot of negativity so far. Just wait until I decide they've patched it enough, I'll get this thread back on track.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
New all-time peak number!
d46EEHa.png

Sentinel

Arcane

duanth123

Arcane
That's photoshopped, right?

I doubt it and it's arguably worse in general dialogue.

As in "I wanna be a dragon" tier comments, many of which the game considers "clever" or "rational" So far only "stoic" and non-disposition choices have managed to preserve any sense of goodwill I have towards the player character.

Otherwise it's this unintelligently wry, ironic millennial take on everything.

Even at the start of the game, your character can say this tweeny , "I.hate.boats", the first choice after he regains consciousness, as he's lying next to the drowned bodies of the ship crew, after basically coming back from the dead himself.

Or using the actual term "spirity-stuff" when speaking to a freshly deceased ghost

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
FFS, did someone post about the Codex on 4chan again
Lurker King is an avid 4channer, and he is just putting on airs when he is on the Codex.

Ahhhh leave it to bugsidian to come up with some imaginative bugs. Here is a one that my game starts behind my desktop and you can't alt+tab it. Such an amazing game!
That's not the game's bugs, that's from the bugs that were riding on some torrent you installed. Enjoy!
Still, props for having a Tchaikovsky playlist.

BG2 is overrated as hell.
Having recently watched a full playthrough of BGII+ToB (happening at home), yes it is when you compare it to today's stuff, but it was breaking new ground in all directions back in the day.

1. uTorrent instead of qBittorrent
2. WinRAR instead of 7zip
3. Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition instead of the original
Get your computer fixed, bro.
Not to mention WinAmp and Firefox. Is this a computer or a time machine for 2003? :lol:

hivemind

the spirit of adventure died in the real world when guns and ships were invented as it permitted for the collectivist industrialized spirit to overwhelm the individual heroic spirit that fantasy should(and always has) tried to emulate

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Usually when you restart game or fire it up first time you get good performance but once you switch several maps then performance goes down.
this one was in PoE1 too. I was hoping they'd fix it for PoE2 but it still remains.

Cant fix unity
Nah I don't bite it. I'm gonna blame it on Obsidian because I've played other Unity games that do not have this problem.

If it can be fixed it would be fixed. Also sawyer probably lied about fixing queens berth fps drops. Its unity thing when there is huge number of "objects" like in copperlane.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
the spirit of adventure died in the real world when guns and ships were invented as it permitted for the collectivist industrialized spirit to overwhelm the individual heroic spirit that fantasy should(and always has) tried to emulate
Yeah, Cortez was just a drone of the great, industrialized Spanish Empire.

Parabalus

Arcane
The Brilliant inspiration is ridiculously broken, Sawyer must have been high when he let it pass to release in this form.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Imagine how different history would have been if a Knight actually had enough Hit Points to survive 10 times as many bullet wounds as a regular Peasant.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom