Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Buying PS3

GrainWetski

Arcane
You don't need a PC from 2 weeks ago to play PCSX2 games at 720p. Unless by 2 weeks you mean 10-12 years.

You can play PS2 on any CFW'd PS3,

Thanks for reply but I've overcomed difficulties many months ago. Actually, I play moar emulated PS2 games than actual PS3 titles. Only games that could not run propably so far are Street Fighter EX3 (glitches, random freezes during fights) and Ace Combat 5 (which is also a bitch to emulate on PCSX2). I don't count hacked isos like FFXIIZJS-ENG or FFXII-PL.

BTW I'm SICK of constant overheating - if I don't clean it once for 2 month with fan-test mode and don't keep enough of free space around the console then it's like 0,5h of playing and 'too hot, turn off hardware, fuck you' red alert message appears.

Max Stats

Liturgist
BTW I'm SICK of constant overheating - if I don't clean it once for 2 month with fan-test mode and don't keep enough of free space around the console then it's like 0,5h of playing and 'too hot, turn off hardware, fuck you' red alert message appears.

Wow, do you have a hot house/live in a desert or just bad luck? I've never cleaned my slim or done more than cursory messing with the fans (enough to know it's way more complexx than raising the speed of 360 fans) and never overheated. Tends to runa at about 70C IIRC
ou don't need a PC from 2 weeks ago to play PCSX2 games at 720p. Unless by 2 weeks you mean 10-12 years.
Who's running them at 720p on PC tho? Stick to running them on a console in that case.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I've bought ps4 for Persona 5 and Yakuza 0, bought a several other exclusives since then. My 1st console since sega mega drive 2. :D
Imo it's worth it if you really want to play some of its exclusives and don't want to wait a decade for emulation or retroports, otherwise it's obviously inferior to pc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom