Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Call me when something actually controversial happens. Like engage/disengage mechanics being totally unchanged, what was the actual result of all the changes to engage to stop the tank and spank of PoE1 at the end of the day?

Matthew Mercer and friends have done so much voice acting work in the industry it isn't funny, they are not standout but they've reliable choices.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Twitch base are loving this,
Good for them, probably sucks growing up without older siblings :lol:

Oh man, you’re right, Twitch is watching your brother play video games. That’s why it’s viscerally unappealing to firstborn children: it’s like watching your stupid younger siblings play when parents give them control of the TV. Whereas for younger siblings it’s like watching someone you admire do something cool. That blew my mind.

#RestorePrimogeniture

Thonius

Arcane

Oh man, you’re right, Twitch is watching your brother play video games. That’s why it’s viscerally unappealing to firstborn children: it’s like watching your stupid younger siblings play when parents give them control of the TV. Whereas for younger siblings it’s like watching someone you admire do something cool. That blew my mind.

#RestorePrimogeniture
Well I'm a youngest from 3 brothers and I hate twitch scene.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Deadfire-ShipGIF.jpg

frajaq

Erudite
oh if you're a Druid and you Wildshift you leap too as part of the action now? Or is that an action for ship battles?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I have two older half-brothers and have watched them play games as a kid from time to time, I don't feel any kind of nostalgic familial connection to Twitch streamers. It's only worth watching the very best at some competitive games to pick up on their techniques and strategies. I still haven't seen a competent Twitch streamer, let alone someone to learn from. It's better to watch tournament footage for that goal. Soooooo, no idea why Twitch streamers are ridiculously famous and profitable.

Bocha

Novice
did you notice in the last response to Infinitron in tmblr, Josh said only one character left without voices...maybe teasing a new RNPC?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Soooooo, no idea why Twitch streamers are ridiculously famous and profitable.
It varies. Most aren't ridiculously famous or profitable, and a large portion of the most popular ones are quite unfunny and/or uninteresting to watch or listen. Ninja is one I just don't get. He's good at Battle Royale I guess, but his stream is just so fucking boring to watch and he somehow got Drake to play with him. Some have a funny character they play as like DrDisrespect, but that guy is also pretty good at the games he plays.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Twitch is for pathetic NEETs who are so bored and who have such a lack of drive to do anything that watching someone else have fun is the only way they can get through the day.

Sentinel

Arcane
Swapping companions is pretty easy. You can do it any time you are on the ship, which gives a lot of opportunities to drop people in/out.
no storyfag wants to swap companions, they want to do a full playthrough with composition x to see all the interactions. is this nigga srs

2house2fly

Magister
Twitch is for pathetic NEETs who are so bored and who have such a lack of drive to do anything that watching someone else have fun is the only way they can get through the day.
It seems like more of a normie thing to me. You work all day and you take care of your family all weekend, you don't have time to actually play games, but watching streams lets you stay current and get a taste of what a given game will be like when you finally get the chance to play it

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Most people on twitch put it in the background while doing something else.
It's impossible to summarise twitch users in one category. There are three big families :
- The dudes who are on weed and have absolutely nothing else to do but watch random shit while sitting in their sofa. Can be twitch, can be meme compilations, anything fast paced really.
- People who are doing some other shit and have it in the background in pretty much the same fashion the former generations would have put the tv or the radio in the background.
- The visible part of twitch : those who actively take part in the chat, even if said chat is only fed by dank emoji and copy pasta. I suspect they're kids and retards, and some of them - I assume - are good people.

Delterius

Arcane

#RestorePrimogeniture
Well I'm a youngest from 3 brothers and I hate twitch scene.
average age 32

jf8350143

Liturgist
if you play videogames and haven't heard at least one or 2 of them then you either dont play enough games, or just really ignorant. they're all good VA most of the time.
Anyone who played the first game(including DLC) has already heard 4 of them.

Quillon

Arcane

Tenebris

Scholar
Heh, I missed this. Such a fuss about it; "OMG NO OPTIONZ TO AVOID A FIGHT!!!" and when proven wrong no word about it, keep up the good :shitposting:condexians :P

Seemed pretty obvious one of the other options could avoid the fight. Don't know why people got so worked up over this.

Naesaki

Novice
Heh, I missed this. Such a fuss about it; "OMG NO OPTIONZ TO AVOID A FIGHT!!!" and when proven wrong no word about it, keep up the good :shitposting:condexians :P

Seemed pretty obvious one of the other options could avoid the fight. Don't know why people got so worked up over this.

Because some people are determined to have a never ending hate boner for Obsidian / Sawyer? :obviously:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom