Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beamdog working on a new D&D CRPG (cancelled)

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Huh, these concept art pieces and the isometric maps look great and fresh. The tall barn beast and what-not actually look creepy and intimidating.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
To me the game looks a little bit Lovecraftian. Looking at this,a small flame of hope is igniting itself in my jaded soul. Who knows maybe there is a company out there that learned something from their fuck ups.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
One is enough, it seems:

And she added one more, showing the mood rather explicitly: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/5L2b1

wMGCCCN.jpg
tgayrxt.jpg

Some costume design sketches. The character possessing only one arm was an idea that was played around with.

These look somewhat different?: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/88adm

u2Dezmu.jpg
W0RmseP.jpg

Demons of Anger and Thought - Sketches
Anger demons hold endless rage, and are the brutes, chargers, and direct physical damage dealers. These creatures exude strength and raw power. They cause destruction, and often charge in without an overly thought out plan. They embody the fire element as a result.

The thought demons are crowd/mind controlling, tactical, psionic creatures. They are the puppet masters, and have high intelligence and magic power. These creatures try to control the battlefield with spells, and controlling other beings. They can enhance and buff these thralls, or themselves if needed. They can also damage the mind, and debuff enemies.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
are the demons of anger and thought responsible for Gaider going bald

I thought I'd make separate lore thread where the real nerds can congregate in peace.

Also, I just discovered what I consider a very good pun on Bioware's Dragon Age, and I can't resist posting it. Excerpt from the PoE Guidebook (emphasis is mine):
Skaen is usually depicted as a small, bald man, whose body is completely covered in scars from a lash, and whose ears and nose have been cut off. He appears outwardly humble and submissive, with downcast eyes. A closer look reveals that his eyes are glittering and black, seething with a quiet hatred, and that one of his fists is clenched.
[...]
Skaen manifests as the Effigy, a horrific creature that is called into being by those who are truly oppressed and willing to commit unspeakable acts to set themselves free. Worshipers must choose one of their number to serve as the Effigy, shaving this person’s hair and removing all signs and symbols of gender or identity. The person is then scourged bloody over every inch of their body, their ears and nose cut off, their eyes gouged out and replaced with shiny black stones. Finally, they are made to drink the “privileged blood” of a person of wealth or high birth. This blood must be fresh, and the Effigy must consume every drop. Then, if the offering is accepted by the god (which it often is not), Skaen will manifest in the Effigy, becoming an utterly unstoppable and pitiless vessel of the god’s power, immune to pain and imbued with monstrous strength.
:dgaider:
Thejoining.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Beamdog also playing with their reputation, haha:

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/04/april-1-fun-sword-coast-high.html

April 1 Fun - Sword Coast High

We hope everyone who tuned into our April 1 livestream enjoyed Sword Coast High!

We enjoy all kinds of narrative style games and concept of combining Dungeons & Dragons with the visual novel genre is intriguing. This was a chance to take a few characters we love and explore them in a new format.

At Beamdog, the team organizes a few weekend and evening events per year where we can explore new technologies and play with new ideas. It’s a great way for team members to try on new hats, take on different responsibilities, and stretch their creative muscles. Hats off to the team for putting Sword Coast High together over the course of two days!

We aren’t able to release Sword Coast High to the public. Sorry! What you saw on stream explored much of the content in game. We'll have to show the secret ending on a future livestream!

We’d like to know what you thought of Sword Coast High. Loved it? Hated it? Tell us in this short survey!

We’d love to revisit the project someday, but when the office reopens on Tuesday, we’ll be focused on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition and the 2.5 patch series for our Infinity Engine titles.

Missed the livestream? It’s available on the Beamdog YouTube channel.

If you really want to see Sword Coast High become a game you can play. Print out this picture of Phil and mail it to Nathan Stewart at Wizards of the Coast along with a note asking for more Sword Coast High content.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
It would not be surprising if this is their next game, and the project is a half-joke they're using to gauge public opinion. Fucking pussies

They are obviously courting romancefags.
Here's what their short survey says:
What did you think of Sword Coast High?
* Didn't like it at all 1 2 3 4 5 Love it!

Please make more If you could date a character from D&D, who would it be?

Have you ever played a visual novel before?
Yes No

Would you like to be contacted about future Sword Coast High news?
(If yes, add your email address)

Have any thoughts to share about Sword Coast High? Let us know!

Generic-Giant-Spider

The only way that visual novel game would make it is if Xzar/Montaron shoot up the entire school at some point.

Morkar Left

Man April Fools is so lame ass.

I disagree. For an Aprils Fool it was a lot of effort put into it. Would actually be one of my favourite April Fools with the artwork. That problem is, I don't think it was really an Aprils Fool but more like try out what people think about it. And that's horrifying me...

m_s0

Arcane
Shane, looks pretty sweet.
Fixed...*

And yes, it does look sweet for the most part. Too sweet to be true, even. When are we allowed to get settings which haven't been strip-mined for decades, again?

*...I'll show myself out.

Prime Junta

/me wakes up

yeah these look cool

They remind me of Felix Gilman's The Half-Made World. A RPG set in that, or even competently inspired by it, would be obscenely cool.

edit: the wikipedia article is hilariously bad, unlike the book

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom