Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Hey, at least there's ship combat to keep us warm until a year has passed. -.-

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Not only that, but the lack of hard counters relegated the Priest to sub-par support at first, they didn't become really crazy until the WM patches came. I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but they have less than a month before release, yet there's no beta update. Come on, Obsidian, are you going to release the game in an untested and random manner? That's probably exactly what they'll do, actually. Sooooo, don't know what to think about that, except that it's obvious I'm going to wait for patches.
The priest could be redeemed by these power level 9 divine incarnation thingies.
Also I don't think it's gonna be the case for reason of sawyerism, we still don't know how class balance turns in late game.

I miss the days when Bulgarians were a minority.
It only depends on you, you know. Honour your legacy, proclaim another sultanate and invade the balkans like in the good days of old.

found the character I'm going to romance
Me too.

Portrait_Vela_Sm.png

Last edited:

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Not only that, but the lack of hard counters relegated the Priest to sub-par support at first, they didn't become really crazy until the WM patches came. I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but they have less than a month before release, yet there's no beta update. Come on, Obsidian, are you going to release the game in an untested and random manner? That's probably exactly what they'll do, actually. Sooooo, don't know what to think about that, except that it's obvious I'm going to wait for patches.
The priest could be redeemed by these power level 9 divine incarnation thingies.
Also I don't think it's gonna be the case for reason of sawyerism, we still don't know how class balance turns in late game.

It only depends on you, you know. Honour your legacy, proclaim another sultanate and invade the balkans like in the good days of old.

Me too.

Portrait_Vela_Sm.png
Only dead bulgarian is good bulgarian greetings from montenegro

Parabalus

Arcane
The game literally comes out in 3 weeks, what is taking them so long for a new beta patch? We need to see the direction they are taking and tuning they are capable of.

Too bad the game didn't end up being delayed, they could really have used a month or two. more.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Me too.

Portrait_Vela_Sm.png
Only dead bulgarian is good bulgarian greetings from montenegro
Edgy....your mum must be proud of you.

Quillon

Arcane
Sawyer said:
- In Deadfire, the companions interject in conversations much more, NPCs respond to their interjections more, the topic system makes them develop attitudes toward each other, and they're just generally more reactive across the board.

The feedback we received during our internal dev play week was almost (?) universally positive as far as the companions' involvement in the story goes.

- There are cases where companions can attack you, but it is more likely that they will simply leave you. They aren't suicidal, and one of them vs. you + four other people is unlikely to go in their favor.

- For a while the weighting of Animal Cruelty was set so high that if you like, looked at a dog the wrong way, Eder would immediately say (paraphrased), "Hey, you're a piece of poo poo. Bye."

- I wrote Pallegina and pickups for various Edér lines. Eric wrote the vast bulk of Edér. Carrie wrote Aloth. Megan starks wrote Xoti. Paul Kirsch wrote Maia and Tekēhu.

- I've met Matt Mercer a few times. He's a great guy. I don't recall him needing any coaching for Iselmyr's accent, though the only session I sat in on was our initial Deadfire one when he was voicing the Fig movie script and Edér and Aloth's voice sets. I normally don't sit in on his sessions but I wrote the intro and Edér's voice set.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...3807509&userid=17931&perpage=40&pagenumber=11

And who wrote Serafen? Carrie?

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Sawyer said:
- There are cases where companions can attack you

giphy.gif

Sawyer said:
- For a while the weighting of Animal Cruelty was set so high that if you like, looked at a dog the wrong way, Eder would immediately say (paraphrased), "Hey, you're a piece of poo poo. Bye.

Anti-SJW nightmare in a nutshell. PC-friendly progressive characters will now effectively attack and murder you during your playthrough given you display any form of bigotry, transphobia, racism of animal abuse. The "Game Over" screen is then replaced by a picture of Justin Trudeau giving you a judgemental look.

2200.jpg

Delterius

Arcane
Anti-SJW nightmare in a nutshell. PC-friendly progressive characters will now effectively attack and murder you during your playthrough given you display any form of bigotry, transphobia, racism of animal abuse. The "Game Over" screen is then replaced by a picture of Justin Trudeau giving you a judgemental look.

Behead those who cause suffering to doggies.

:negative:

Sentinel

Arcane
Why in the hell did you have to post that

Fucking hell now I'm gonna be sad for the rest of the night.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom