Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
How the fuck do I make the citizens of Rattay not hate me (currently at -100 rep)? I don't know what I did to anger them. Maybe it's because I killed the executioner in the quest to get the ring? But how would they even know that, no one has commented on the fact that he hasn't showed up for 3 days and everyone keeps talking as if he's still alive. I can't take any quests in Rattay because they tell me to fuck off and I can't trade with anyone because they tell me to fuck off too. Same for getting a simple bed in the village. This is too much like real life and it's getting annoying.

It'll go back to normal on its own, just avoid the area and go to another town.

Yeah but he has a point. Your reputation tanking after a crime nobody saw is a problem in my book. I've just watched a streamer kill the merchant wench near Peshek's at night, in her house, behind closed doors and he still got a bounty on his head - the red icon with a coin pouch.

(Although the wench did manage to run, open the door and step on the porch before he killed her so maybe if you kill someone in a town or nearby it always counts as a crime even if it's at night and nobody saw shit; maybe it's only stealthy if it's inside, behind a closed door).

Do you know if it requires Steam activation?

Hundred percent. Are there still any PC physicals that don't rely on Steam? Plus they have never released the PC patches as standalone, at least they don't have them on their webpage, so no support without Steam.

Last edited:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

I'm gonna spam this video till someone explains to me what exactly I'm exploiting in that situation, tell me what pathing I'm exploiting in that video when you clearly see that the AI is so atrocious that it frozes in place when i'm not even two feet away from them, the AI just can't handle backpedaling at all, it can't handle multiple NPC attacking the player, the only time it acts properly is when the players stays in place and fights 1v1. This should not be tolerable in this day and age, you are paying a full price to alpha test their game and it's laughable.

Fuck off you retarded shit eater. IF you had played the game,you would have know that the game have ton of other problems but this is not one of them. If you try this shit out the assholes will butcher you,even one on one with a bow is a death sentence. The fag in the video is most likely using cheats or playing on the beta.How retarded are you? Did Vavra hurt your sjw feelz,you little faggot? Go and do some "neck enlarging" exorcises,all you need is a sturdy branch and a nice rope,you little fucking cunt!

That's me playing you plonker and If you wouldn't be such a bulgarian trollop you would understand that I'm not using any cheats, I wear one of the best armours in the game which doesnt require any stats and are easily attainable by playing the activities given to you by the bailifs to kill bandits, that's why I barely receive any damage. But some of you retards seem to talk too much rather than play the game, if you use that stupid bulgarian head from time to time, you would understand that its way too easy to exploit in this game compared to other open world rpgs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nael

Arcane

I'm gonna spam this video till someone explains to me what exactly I'm exploiting in that situation, tell me what pathing I'm exploiting in that video when you clearly see that the AI is so atrocious that it frozes in place when i'm not even two feet away from them, the AI just can't handle backpedaling at all, it can't handle multiple NPC attacking the player, the only time it acts properly is when the players stays in place and fights 1v1. This should not be tolerable in this day and age, you are paying a full price to alpha test their game and it's laughable.

Fuck off you retarded shit eater. IF you had played the game,you would have know that the game have ton of other problems but this is not one of them. If you try this shit out the assholes will butcher you,even one on one with a bow is a death sentence. The fag in the video is most likely using cheats or playing on the beta.How retarded are you? Did Vavra hurt your sjw feelz,you little faggot? Go and do some "neck enlarging" exorcises,all you need is a sturdy branch and a nice rope,you little fucking cunt!

I was thinking the same thing. I've seen teh videos where ppl cheese out kill hordes of enemies with a bow and arrow with impunity. I've tried it a couple times and get my ass handed to me in seconds flat every time.

Closest I've come to cheesing enemies was when I got surrounded by the bandits at the windmill and I ran up the stairs so that I could funnel 1-2 at me at a time instead of trying to take on all 4 at once.

Elex

Arbiter
I DEMAND

that in Den of Vipers quest, which I finished this night, all and every quest compass mark, that activate once you reach correct path nodes on the road, be completely removed. The description you have in your journal must be the only thing to follow in that quest. I understand in some godforgotten side activites it may be useful to have quest marks to find that peasant identical to other peasants - and even those often show you just area where to search (and that's how every compass marker should be btw, just yellow borders around the area like "it's in this village" that's all), but this quest, must be THE test that people don't play your game high on freezing liquid.

That should go with More Agressive AI & Better AI pathfinding fix and it all will be

yxo2b.jpg

OH RIGHT

there should be a button to close and open visor on your helmet if it has a visor.

Another thing I dislike is that item belt in this game is same as any other hurdur skyrim - you carry 1 melee weapon & bow on your back (ugh). While it should be 1-3 slots for melee (sword, mace/axe + dagger) at least.
i think that polearm are supposed to work like that (the mod make them primary weapons instead)

Shadenuat

Arcane
Did you guys know if you look carefully at Nest there is a nest on a tree? Shoot it with arrow and you might find shiny things birds put into there like jewelry.

no Titanite Slabs found though

I bought Boyard. Because it's almost like Boyar and he's very pretty black with white star on forehead. Great stats for such cheap horse (1.2k). Trader said he is afraid of water, but I never noticed anything like it. Maybe my riding skill & perks cancel that out.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

That's me playing you plonker and If you wouldn't be such a bulgarian trollop you would understand that I'm not using any cheats, I wear one of the best armours in the game which doesnt require any stats and are easily attainable by playing the activities given to you by the bailifs to kill bandits, that's why I barely receive any damage. But some of you retards seem to talk too much rather than play the game, if you use that stupid bulgarian head from time to time, you would understand that its way too easy to exploit in this game compared to other open world rpgs.
You are a cheating cunt,you little faggot nigger. Go and try to peddle your lies to someone else. Getting this high bow skillz would need 5 real life hours in the woods trying to shoot a bunnies in the ass. I constantly miss assholes from nearly point blank let alone one shot them in the face. Go and suck bunch of cocks you lying cunt.

Nael ,the closes thing to this is when i manage to go in a place where i can funnel them one by one and still is a tough battle. I Fought 5 bandits in mine,had to constantly go back toward the end.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Did you guys know if you look carefully at Nest there is a nest on a tree? Shoot it with arrow and you might find shiny things birds put into there like jewelry.

I bought Boyard. Because it's almost like Boyar and he's very pretty black with white star on forehead. Great stats for such cheap horse (1.2k). Trader said he is afraid of water, but I never noticed anything like it. Maybe my riding skill & perks cancel that out.
You will waste 50 arrows trying to hit the thing,archery is super random,even on high levels i cant hit shit.

Elex

Arbiter
How the fuck do I make the citizens of Rattay not hate me (currently at -100 rep)? I don't know what I did to anger them. Maybe it's because I killed the executioner in the quest to get the ring? But how would they even know that, no one has commented on the fact that he hasn't showed up for 3 days and everyone keeps talking as if he's still alive. I can't take any quests in Rattay because they tell me to fuck off and I can't trade with anyone because they tell me to fuck off too. Same for getting a simple bed in the village. This is too much like real life and it's getting annoying.

Yeah but he has a point. Your reputation tanking after a crime nobody saw is a problem in my book. I've just watched a streamer kill the merchant wench near Peshek's at night, in her house, behind closed doors and he still got a bounty on his head - the red icon with a coin pouch.

(Although the wench did manage to run, open the door and step on the porch before he killed her so maybe if you kill someone in a town or nearby it always counts as a crime even if it's at night and nobody saw shit; maybe it's only stealthy if it's inside, behind a closed door).

Hundred percent. Are there still any PC physicals that don't rely on Steam? Plus they have never released the PC patches as standalone, at least they don't have them on their webpage, so no support without Steam.
think about that: what reputation is?

guard are putting you to jail? no so they don’t know you are the one.

but people see the “new guy in town” and people start to die and stuff to disappear, they obviously blame you and talk around how they don’t trust you.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Everytime I listen to that cunt I wanna smash his skull in so he would finally shut THE FUCK UP!!!! :outrage::x

Y so buttmad?
Dunno. I guess it's his voice and delivery, something about it is triggering me badly.
Swax3d0.gif

I usually dislike smug people who come across as if they believe they know it all.
Like Englishmen. Or youtube reviewers with a following.

Also someone recommended the console versions? Don't buy those. The PC version is already buggy as fuck, the console ports are much worse than that. Nearly unplayable according to some reviews.

Last edited:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

You will waste 50 arrows trying to hit the thing,archery is super random,even on high levels i cant hit shit.

I think it has more with you being a retard that can't aim rather than archery being random, why do you even talk if you can't play the game?

Elex

Arbiter

dark souls total conversion coming soon!

vonAchdorf

Arcane

I understand the problem - but on the other hand I consider it appropriate in a Medieval setting that if a murder happens, the primary suspect in any village / town would be "the stranger" (if the murder has no local backstory/animosities). The argument that no one witnessed the murder first hand and therefore the player should of course be seen as innocent is a weak one.
The same is true for stolen valuables - if something valuable has been stolen in a village, you just can't sell it there without raising massive suspicion even without someone seeing you taking the stuff.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
Steam apparently thinks the EU Slavs are filthy rich, so no regional pricing for us. I mean Poland or Czechia are not as shitty as Putinia but having us pay the German prices is retarded.
The retail version costs almost 40 PLN less than the digital one.
Do you know if it requires Steam activation? Most retail games do but in case of KCD i can't find that info on shops' websites. Perhaps they intentionally keep quiet about it to not scare potential customers.
Yes, they come both with discs and the Steam code. As for now, discs are mostly useless, since day 1 patch has to overwrite it anyway. I bought my copy for 179 PLN (compared to 215 PLN on Steam). It also comes with some pre-order in-game stuff, but I didn't even bother to redeem them.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Nah it's actually reliable than you think. If you enter "wh_pl_showfirecursor 1" command to show the bow's crosshair, you can see that the targeter dangles left to right and arrow gonna always hit a small radius below it, which of course requires a bit finesse to measure bullet drop (or in this case, arrow drop) while standing still. Play with the crosshair for a while and you can get the hang of it. Shiny arrow trail might not look realistic but it helps a lot.

Sentinel

Arcane

think about that: what reputation is?

guard are putting you to jail? no so they don’t know you are the one.

but people see the “new guy in town” and people start to die and stuff to disappear, they obviously blame you and talk around how they don’t trust you.
except I hadn't even stepped into Rattay once when I killed the guy. And there was no one around when I killed the guy. You telling me they collectively know I did it and blame me for it, but no guard bothers asking me about it and everyone talks as if the executioner was still alive?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Nah it's actually reliable than you think. If you enter "wh_pl_showfirecursor 1" command to show the bow's crosshair, you can see that the targeter dangles left to right and arrow gonna always hit a small radius below it, which of course requires a bit finesse to measure bullet drop (or in this case, arrow drop) while standing still. Play with the crosshair for a while and you can get the hang of it. Shiny arrow trail might not look realistic but it helps a lot.
I can do the drop mate,the problem is that eater goes left or right,it never goes the same place than the one i use as an aim. I use part of the gauntlet for measurement,the arrow always goes upper left from the bow. It really feels wanky and random. Also there is a clipping some time,like in Gothic 3. Once i almost punched the monitor,clipped trough the head of some really tough dude.

Deleted member 7219

I've just hit a game breaking bug with Hans Capon. He just won't stop following me, and he stops me from interacting with other people, waiting, even sleeping. The only thing I can do is get on my horse and gallop to the other side of the map, wait for him to catch up, then gallop away from him again. That buys me time to do things before he catches up with me and stops me from doing anything.

Annoying thing is I'm trying to do a quest with him at the bathhouse, and I'm stood right there, where I am meant to meet him, staring him right in the face and I can't even interact with him.

It looks like my play through of KCD is at an end. I'll wait until they fix this - there's no way I can continue playing this game right now.

Renfri

Cipher
Some thoughts about game:

-Setting is nice and areas look pretty, forest are best I've seen in games.
-Buggy and poorly optimized (freezes and sound issues), I google'd some issues and they were few years old and still in game.
-Game forces you into fights even though you are able to build stealthy/speech guy, some of these are quite unfair, AKA getting shot by random arrow which makes you bleed etc.

Wait for sale/patching

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
PSA: Avoid killing the executioner in Rattay. He is involved in the single most complex quest I've encountered in my 35 hours of playtime so far.

In spoiler-free terms, the quest makes use of the following skills to reach an ideal outcome:
Reading (and applying the reading to 3 vaguely similar situations)
Lockpicking
Stealth
Alchemy
Maintenance
(Optionally) Pickpocketing

In addition to this, one can simply kill the related NPCs. It's very bold of Warhorse to tie such a significant quest to a character who is probably the first one many players kill right after the tutorial.

Cromwell

Arcane
In addition to this, one can simply kill the related NPCs. It's very bold of Warhorse to tie such a significant quest to a character who is probably the first one many players kill right after the tutorial

why would you kill him, you can even pay the guy? (and its not much). Or choke him out. Players that kill everyone in sight deserve to be punished.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom