Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Deadass

Savant
agL9LYU.gif

darky

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Oops :)

Ok, so how do the limitations on weight look like, in rough terms? I remember seeing somewhere that you can't walk around with more than one set of armor in your inventory.
A low strength char gets overburdened with full set of his own armor
Mid strength char is able to carry about 1.5 man worth of armor and weapons .
And as for hi strength char I'd have to boot up the game to find out. Ain't nobody got time for that!.... Anyway, your horse can also carry a fair share of the load.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Are NPCs in this game as blind during night time as we are?

Ok, so how do the limitations on weight look like, in rough terms? I remember seeing somewhere that you can't walk around with more than one set of armor in your inventory.
And as for hi strength char I'd have to boot up the game to find out. Ain't nobody got time for that!.... Anyway, your horse can also carry a fair share of the load.
From what I remember, we can carry bodies of incapacitated or killed people?

Mark Richard

Arcane

From what I remember, we can carry bodies of incapacitated or killed people?
Yes, but most folk tend to frown upon strangers who walk into town with a dead body over their shoulder, toss it on the nearest merchant's stall, and yell ''how much can I get for this?!"

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
It's clear then that for lootwhores the only option is being a naked archer to maximize loot gains. Are dropped items persistent, or will they vanish once you leave the area?

Dexter

Arcane
Further comparing with the Witcher 3, I see there is no feature for the NPCs to make remarks as you pass them by. This was eventually getting repetitive, but in retrospect, it was adding to the feeling of a town being inhabited by people as opposed to white walkers. Or maybe just the player in this stream hasn't accumulated enough reputation to provoke reactions? Even so, they could have been dropping lines about the weather, the harvest, the Cumans, etc.
I didn't watch that much, as I don't want to spoil the game for myself, but do the NPC's acknowledge that the player is a physical entity and act accordingly, or just mindlessly bump into him, like in W3?
Where did you people get this from? Watching the first hour of gameplay will show townspeople start conversations and initiate dialogue about daily on-goings and politics with one another while the player walks by, also if you walk into them they make comments like "What are you doing?", "Stop it!" etc. Other than that, the player character in this game isn't an "iconic hero" that will likely be recognized or commented on like in The Witcher, it's just some guy that likely ends up conscripted on one side of the war, but we'll see about that.

In the gameplay video I'm watching, the player has accumulated quite a bit of money, probably from thieving and killing bandits. Regardless, he is at an early point in the main quest line where he is expected to be equipped with much lower-grade gear than what he is carrying and has already equipped.

Well, this isn't looking very good then. From the very long loading screen to start a simple dialogue out in the woods, to the NPCs first appearing standing and then snapping to a seating position when revealed, the insane amount of pop in...
CryEngine might have been a mistake.
You're watching console footage (if that, some of the footage going around is from their "Beta" from early 2016), the game isn't out on PC yet, it unlocks tomorrow.

Sentinel

Arcane
You're watching console footage (if that, some of the footage going around is from their "Beta" from early 2016), the game isn't out on PC yet, it unlocks tomorrow.
The issues I mentioned have nothing to do with console footage. The pop-in might be less prevalent on PC, the loading screens might be shorter, but they're all still there.

ZoddGuts

Augur
3. we don't even know if these console fags have the day1 patch or not
Version is displayed in the menu:
1.0 = certified version (from mid-December)
1.1 = day 1 patch
1.2 = next patch (in the works, being finalised)
Well, this isn't looking very good then. From the very long loading screen to start a simple dialogue out in the woods, to the NPCs first appearing standing and then snapping to a seating position when revealed, the insane amount of pop in...
CryEngine might have been a mistake.

They'd probably use Amazon's engine Lumberjack next time, it's essentially CryEngine but with all the dumbshit shit fixed. Star Citizen made the jump to that engine after ditching CryEngine.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Here is a self-proclaimed middle ages historian who is critiquing the game as he plays on his PS4 Pro.

I crave for these sort of videos, although this guy has an annoying style and execution. Nevertheless, I will watch every single one that I can find. Especially looking forward to Digital Digging's videos.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom