Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Lilura, I think he likes you.
I sent her this...

high-school-love-letter.gif

And she said she doesnt go out with 'graphic whore scrub motherfucking beamdog loving cocksuckers.' and called me a 'grognard'

I think I may still have a shot though- Once I get to be torchbearer i'll be hard to resist.
And this was the last post he ever made...

I sent her this...
You shouldn't just assume that anyone on the Codex with girlish sounding screen name and a female avatar is actually a woman. A real woman.

:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:
It is a fact that there are no women on the codex!!!

Fairfax

Arcane
My agenda:

lilura1.jpg

lilura2.jpg
I agree, but unfortunately not all original versions are favoured by veterans. Long before the Beamdog releases, most were already playing BG1 in the BG2 engine. Even here, when newcomers ask for advice, most users recommend playing BGT.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I agree, but unfortunately not all original versions are favoured by veterans. Long before the Beamdog releases, most were already playing BG1 in the BG2 engine. Even here, when newcomers ask for advice, most users recommend playing BGT.

I've written about that extensively. They are all scrubs, each and every one of them. Write them off.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Honestly, I think ppl just dislike beamdog, and are trying to find things to complain about. I don't like them much either, but I find it hard to like the old boxy 90s/early 2000s 3D over the new model. It's not perfect ofc, but cmon, it's much better graphicwise.

I dislike a company that is going to charge twice the amount for changes that are not even a little important to me. It seems the focus is on MP and graphics. I don't give a shit about either. I'd pay money for them to intergrade all the community necessary patches and all the top modules into the game. But they aren't. This version will not save me any work or hassle.

Please tell my why I should pay money for this nonsense? I can think of two actual reasons

1) I love NWN and think this version will spur a renewed interest in the game and more player created content.
2) I support it because I want new professional content made by beamdog.

I support all crpgs. I do not care much for NWN as I think the combat is impossibly bad and nothing else makes up for it since the game is heavily combat focused. But, supporting rpgs does not mean I should support business practices that fuck customers right in the ass. Paying TWICE the cost the Diamond edition for changes I don't give any shits about means this company is literally the Bernie Madoff of companies to me.

If Beamdog makes actual new playable content I will buy it, but if it requires their sham of a Madoff scam do-nothing update I will be forced to pirate it. And I am 100% against pirating. But I'm also 100% against criminal business practices.

If they want me and my kind as customers for the base edition, make it benefit real crpg players and don't just make the graphics slightly less shitty and tack on MP. Neither of those benefit me in the least.

Seriously, look at the features list from BG and BG2 and compare them to this scam.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Yeah, but your opinion is wrong. Combat in nwn comes alive, with attacks being represented with really smooth animations. Dodges, parrys, blocks, or plain old tough armor if the attack misses. It really helps making fights more interesting, and its not just for show, but actually represents the rolls, so you can get almost as good feedback watching the fight than watching the rolls.

I think I had an epiphany on why people like really bad combat. In combat I think about what would be a good move. Shitty combat lovers want to make moves that look good.

In TB games I disable animations if possible, and speed up everything I can. Combat to me is about thinking, overcoming, possibilities, being better, winning. Combat to the vast majority of people is about watching. This is why combat is so fucking easy for almost every game. In twitch games they are watching animations and how fluid they are, in twitch games I watch my enemies and try to kill them as fast as possible.

No wonder these fucking invalids love RTwP so much. You just watch. No thinking involved for 90 to 95% of the battles. Just click and watch. Since they watch it like a movie, and it is too boring for me to watch, they love it and I hate it.

So, the main problem with games isn't that people are stupid (which they are), it is that they think they are watching art instead of playing a game. Games are for playing to me. For these idiots, games are for watching. No wonder these fucking retarded pieces of shit love watching other people play video games on YouTube or whatever place is all the hipster retards watch retards play video games they themselves could actually play.

This perfectly explains why most people on this supposed rpg site completely ignore or hate crpgs, and why console games for children are so popular. I was right about them being fucking idiots, I just didn't realize they were retarded enough to mistake games for actual passive media.

MODERATOR - since you don't allow me to make new threads please make a new thread for this. I cracked the fucking code. I single handedly figured out why stupids are so fucking stupid and have such shitty taste in rpgs. I deserve a medal and a special title.

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
In TB games I disable animations if possible, and speed up everything I can. Combat to me is about thinking, overcoming, possibilities, being better, winning. Combat to the vast majority of people is about watching.
Can you stop being retarded for once in your life?
Both real time and turn based have their own advantajes and disadvantajes. In turn based you have all the time in the world to think, in real time you are forced to make decisions on the fly.
Questions like: do you stay in melee, do you fall back, is it time to use a consumable, or a skill, should i assist another character, or change the priority of my targets.
Combat in games, to most people is action packed and with split second decisions (but you are too old and shitty for that, so turn based fits you more).

Theres merit to both of them. And i find its more of a question of what kind of combat fits what you are going for more. There are quite a few turn based rpgs with horrible combat that would have been better off with real time mechanics instead, and other games that are complete shit in real time that would have benefited tremendously from turn based gameplay instead.

As to the rest of your inane tripe, just kill yourself or something.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
In TB games I disable animations if possible, and speed up everything I can. Combat to me is about thinking, overcoming, possibilities, being better, winning. Combat to the vast majority of people is about watching.
Both real time and turn based have their own advantajes and disadvantajes. In turn based you have all the time in the world to think, in real time you are forced to make decisions on the fly.
Questions like: do you stay in melee, do you fall back, is it time to use a consumable, or a skill, should i assist another character, or change the priority of my targets.
Combat in games, to most people is action packed and with split second decisions (but you are too old and shitty for that, so turn based fits you more).

Theres merit to both of them. And i find its more of a question of what kind of combat fits what you are going for more. There are quite a few turn based rpgs with horrible combat that would have been better off with real time mechanics instead, and other games that are complete shit in real time that would have benefited tremendously from turn based gameplay instead.

As to the rest of your inane tripe, just kill yourself or something.

What I go for is playing games. There is one RTwP game with actual good combat - Aarklash Legacy. In that game you had to pay attention and constantly react. In the IE games, NWN 1 and 2, KotOR 1 and 2, etc, I do not. Maybe you are dumb enough to think you have to pay attention, but you aren't in combat. You admitted and explained you watch the animations - that explains why you think combat is good while I think it is passive and boring. I click and wait for combat to be over because my input isn't needed and doesn't help make it go faster or do anything besides the very rare and occasional boss fight. This is fact. I've proven it and uploaded the videos. This is beyond dispute. If you are dumb enough to believe you need to input anything in the above named games outside of the occasional boss fight it is because you are dumb because I proved it was not necessary and never has been for me or other game players. You are just proving game watchers have Attention Surplus Disorder and don't mind watching games instead of playing them.

Modern RTwP games like PoE and Tyranny have improved the system dramatically, and my input, while usually not necessary, does make the combat go faster and gives me something to do during combat. But they still don't hold a candle to the one shinning example of actual good RTwP combat in Aarklash Legacy.

I would like to make fun of you now, but since you helped me come to my epiphany I won't. But let me give you some advice - games are way better when you play them instead of watch them. This really helps me understand so, so much.

Roqua is like a poor man's Cleve Blakemore.

You are like a retard's nobody. You are not capable of any thought beyond the surface of an issue. You are not smart, not important, and have nothing of value or importance to share in any subject on any debate. You are the perfect articulation of what is wrong with this site and its community. You have extremely childish tastes and even more childish views.

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron

You are like a retard's nobody. You are not capable of any thought beyond the surface of an issue. You are not smart, not important, and have nothing of value or importance to share in any subject on any debate. You are the perfect articulation of what is wrong with this site and its community. You have extremely childish tastes and even more childish views.

It's nice of you to defend Roqua (who you have never even heard of).
But what is it about my taste in games that is childish? Please enlighten me.
And also, which are some good communities where they have mature taste?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

It's nice of you to defend Roqua (who you have never even heard of).
But what is it about my taste in games that is childish? Please enlighten me.
And also, which are some good communities where they have mature taste?

Please list off your top 10 favorite games of the last five years so I can explain why you are retarded and childish.
A good community where they have mature taste in rpgs was the codex until 2006 or so. Then all you child game loving game watchers infested the site.

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Please list off your top 10 favorite games of the last five years so I can explain why you are retarded and childish.

Sorry man, but I haven't played any games released the last five years.
Anyway, the burden of proof is on your side, calling my taste "childish".

Bocian

Arcane
I don't really know what's the fuss about these new models. I see it as a rather weak attempt of Beamdog to show that they're actually doing anything except some pretending to fix 'bugs' (while adding them, intentionally or not), and: 1. this model sucks ass; 2. it won't fit the background, it's going to feel artificial compared to default armor models, weapons, buildings etc.; 3. no way they're going to remake everything in a similar manner. It's a scam.
Besides, modders have done a tremendous job in making NWN look decent without ruining everything in the process. With some mods you can make characters look like this:

EKjKYbi.png

9rm0z2O.png

imweasel

^
Beamdog doesn't want to make more than the occasional model. They are pretty much just showing modders what the enhanced graphics engine is now capable of so they do it themselves.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane

Totally off topic: If thats really true - Go get Stellar Tactics http://store.steampowered.com/app/465490/Stellar_Tactics/ its fucking amazing especially for being in EA right now.

Kind of on topic: Theyre games- We're adults playing and arguing about fucking computer games- Sometimes getting really pissed off over them. I'd say that makes us all kind of childish by default.

Totally on topic: Models look good, fuck everyone- resistance is futile...Join us in the gloryland of popamole.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

You fucking kids never cease to amaze me in how easy it is. Thank you.

Kind of on topic: Theyre games- We're adults playing and arguing about fucking computer games- Sometimes getting really pissed off over them. I'd say that makes us all kind of childish by default.

Sure, if you consider the filthy console kid shit most of this community plays as the same as the games crpg lovers like. But you could do that with books, movies, sports and even food.

I've cracked the code and found out why people like absolute shit games when they claim to be adults and are at least semi-functional even if retarded and somehow this is not receiving anywhere near the attention it deserves. Real, thinking, sane people like crpgs with complexity and good combat. Kids and the people who like kid's games and crpgs with shitty combat like watching games with good animations that look fluid and artsy - regardless of how childish and easy the game is, or how boring and easy the combat is.

Fuck, if Obama got a Nobel Prize just for getting elected, I sincerely deserve one for winning the internet and finding the correct and exact divide between good and bad, and why the good crpgs are so unpopular.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady

RTwP is shit compared to TB.

toee2.jpg

toee.jpg

FeelTheRads

Arcane

You fucking kids never cease to amaze me in how easy it is. Thank you.

Isn't it funny how this parasite retard is always claiming victory whenever he is proven to be a fucktard with no arguments ?

-Durr tell me ur favurite gaems in 5 years to tell you why ur retarded
-Didn't play any games from the last 5 years
-loooaoaalalaolo i win looaaaalaol

What a pathetic worm.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Im discussing real time.

Why are you discussing real-time? NWN is RTwP in single-player mode. I don't see Codexers talking much about MP/PWs.

But either way, its very much up to execution. The worst TB game are indeed as bad as the worst RTwP game, or worse.

The best TB game is leagues ahead of the best RTwP game: Jagged Alliance 2 > all.

d1nolore

Savant

RTwP is shit compared to TB.

toee2.jpg

toee.jpg

Except multiplayer. Turn based not so good for multiplayer. Nwn is almost semi turn based, especially at low levels, with having one round being 6 seconds it gives you time to, quickly, plan your next move or change strategy.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Except multiplayer.

Are you an idiot? I clearly said "single-player D&D".

Nwn is almost semi turn based, especially at low levels, with having one round being 6 seconds it gives you time to, quickly, plan your next move or change strategy.

Confirmed idiot that hasn't played ToEE/Temple+, Fallout or Jagged Alliance 2. Thus, doesn't know what TB combat is.

d1nolore

Savant
Except multiplayer.

Are you an idiot? I clearly said "single-player D&D".

Nwn is almost semi turn based, especially at low levels, with having one round being 6 seconds it gives you time to, quickly, plan your next move or change strategy.

Confirmed idiot that hasn't played ToEE/Temple+, Fallout or Jagged Alliance 2. Thus, doesn't know what TB combat is.

I grew up on Heroes of might and magic. AoD is my favourite newer game. Love me some turn based, probably prefer it actually. But that doesn't mean I didn't love BG2. I like different styles of games, not the same style all the time.

When I talk NWN my mind is 80% multiplayer, because nothing beats it in that department as that was what it was mainly designed for. Never played ToEE, my brother owned it but he never recommended it.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
When I talk NWN my mind is 80% multiplayer

What you think doesn't count for Jack, though. You are a literal nothing in this sphere; a non-entity. OTOH, someone whose word counts for something.

that was what it was mainly designed for.

Again, it's not the only way NWN evolved. I've covered this extensively.

Never played ToEE, my brother owned it but he never recommended it.

Then he is an idiot, too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom