Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
From 1.37 onwards. Honestly there's nothing spoilery if you watch the first 20 mins.

Ok so:
1) boar - do you know how are animals programmed to react in this game? Are they supposed to be always aggressive, charging you at the first sight and then be on your dick until they die? Or are they programmed to be "afraid" when they're injured? Jumping on the least charitable explanation straight away and saying "loool such buggy, much mess!1!1!" is just retarded
2) bandits - first dude standing up like that is clearly a bug. The same dude running away without putting a fight is clearly a bug. Second dude standing up and reacting slowly is afaik a known issue that was supposed to be fixed. At least it's in the D1P patch notes ("Improved NPC reaction time"). No idea what's up with it.

So you've basically pinpointed something that may or may not be a glitch and a few genuine glitches and said the game is trash and you hate it.

I mean...you do you mate.

It'd be nice if they had a magic D1P that made that combat less jank, but I stopped believing in the miracle release patch years ago. We'll see in a couple of days and I'll be very happy if it's sorted and I'm a pessimistic old bastard who should have given them the benefit of the doubt.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
v1.1, 1920x1080, Core i7-6900K/1080Ti with everything at Very High, motion blur off, mouse & keyboard, English audio.

Waiting for Ultra settings gameplay to appear...

He says it's all "Ultra" while he's showing us it's set to "Very High". Sooo....maybe he's just retarded or maybe it's some sort of translation mixup.

Isn't "jank" an adjective used by the gaming lolmedia to descriibe games that don't adhere to the AAA school of press A for awesome? Why is it being used here?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It'd be nice if they had a magic D1P that made that combat less jank

KCD WILL have "jank", let's not kid ourselves. This game's "jank" is not a feature of patches but money.

As I see it there are two ways you can approach it:

1. While playing the game, be constantly on the lookout for anything janky, cheap or glitchy. Barely notice anything good about the game. Get increasingly angry, then uninstall. Proceed to burning bridges the game on the Codex. Post bug gifs, label anyone who likes the game a Warhorse plant.

2. While playing the game filter out the jank as much as you can. If you need to rationalize it away, tell yourself, I don't know, that this game's budget is 20x lower than comparable games like Skyrim or Witcher 3. Try to see if there are things you really enjoy and build your playthrough on them.

And remember it's the Codex, if you end up hating the game you'll get all your fun back and then some doing No. 1.

Last edited:

Shin

Cipher
It'd be nice if they had a magic D1P that made that combat less jank

KCD WILL have "jank", let's not kid ourselves. This game's "jank" is not a feature of patches but money.

As I see it there are two ways you can approach it:

1. While playing the game, be constantly on the lookout for anything janky, cheap or glitchy. Barely notice anything good about the game. Get increasingly angry, then uninstall. Proceed to burning bridges the game on the Codex. Post bug gifs, label anyone who likes the game a Warhorse plant.

2. While playing the game filter out the jank as much as you can. If you need to rationalize it away, tell yourself, I don't know, that this game's budget is 20x lower than comparable games like Skyrim or Witcher 3. Try to see if there are things you really enjoy and build your playthrough on them.

And remember it's the Codex, if you end up hating the game you'll get all your fun back and then some doing No. 1.

There's a third way though; focus on the game while playing the game; if the 'jank' takes you out of it; there's too much of it, if you have a blast playing it (which is usually done by good gameplay, not by polish) it doesn't fucking matter. Elex was super 'janky' and imho it looked really bad in previews but it turned out to be one of my fav games of last year.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Final system requirements are finally out (no more preliminary). Install size changed from 30GB to 40GB. Recommended RAM from 8GB to 16GB.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/379430/Kingdom_Come_Deliverance/
CSu1odyUcAAsNSY.png

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Isn't "jank" an adjective used by the gaming lolmedia to descriibe games that don't adhere to the AAA school of press A for awesome? Why is it being used here?

Yes, I thought about using another term because I generally dislike these fad words, but it just fitted so well I couldn't find one. It's not that it looks buggy, it's that the animations look rough around the edges and unrealistic. I think in the modern era of AAA graphics, we're going to get more of this as animations struggle to keep up with the quality of the models and textures.

I suppose we could talk about 'incongruence', that might be a bit more monocled. :obviously:

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I bet this game has real nice fluid animations that are just awesome to watch! I bet you guys are going to have so much fun watching this game!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
According to Steam Kingdom Come forum you need to connect your account to Steam through their website if you have a kickstarter thing with them. Just wondering, where the hell do you do that on their site? I have logged in, but I see no information about it. Is it only for digital kickstarter pledges?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
According to Steam Kingdom Come forum you need to connect your account to Steam through their website if you have a kickstarter thing with them. Just wondering, where the hell do you do that on their site? I have logged in, but I see no information about it. Is it only for digital kickstarter pledges?

Option will be unlocked on the launch day, it's says right there on their page, under the Backer Rewards tab.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
There is nothing I like more than buying a game and watching all the fluid animations! That's what its all about people! Fuck gameplay, fuck mechanics, fuck rpg systems. I just want to know how nice it is to watch. That's where the fun and good is.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Option will be unlocked on the launch day, it's says right there on their page, under the Backer Rewards tab.

Okay, read it wrong then I guess. Read it like you had to connect it now.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
There is nothing I like more than buying a game and watching all the fluid animations! That's what its all about people! Fuck gameplay, fuck mechanics, fuck rpg systems. I just want to know how nice it is to watch. That's where the fun and good is.
The more I read Roqua posts, the more I realize it is the truth. You are no longer a shitposter and retard. I agree with you.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
The more I read Roqua posts, the more I realize it is the truth. You are no longer a shitposter and retard. I agree with you.

No shit, Sherlock. The same criteria for picking good games to like is the same as picking friends. Its all about looks and the fluidity of how they move around. Fuck intelligence, loyalty, values, and all that other shit. Kids are super smart and very forward thinking.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I'm glad this is Oblivion 2.0, instead of modding it 100 hours just to find out the game is crashing and uninstall.exe it, i can finaly play !

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom