Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Paul_cz

Arcane
I love how Vávra just runs away in terror there at the end

frajaq

Erudite
So whos the local medieval warfare historian here in RPG Codex?

I want to know beforehand what is the best weapon to use for this era

jungl

Augur
a poison tipped spear with additional blades attached to the sides in front of it. making it difficult for your opponent to dodge or duck out of the way.

34scell

Augur
Against armoured enemies: poleaxe when you're in full plate, halberd when in lighter armour and hammer when there isn't room to swing big weapons or you are using a shield.

Against lightly armoured enemies: spears.

hivemind

traditional bohemian warrior circa 1400s, colorized

1432407_tomio-okamura-v0.jpg

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So whos the local medieval warfare historian here in RPG Codex?

I want to know beforehand what is the best weapon to use for this era

Long sword against light armored opponents and war hammer/mace/battle axe in this order against against mail and plate armed ones:

But I am not sure if commoners like young Henry well allowed to carry long swords which were considered nobles weapons anyway; here is test against more modern helmet:

As you can see Comrade blunt and piercing pole arms weapons work good against plate even when they don't manage penetratration; on the other hand swords and axes being cutting weapons can damage arteries and make opponent bleed quickly.

Last edited:

thr

Novice
Is Czech voice acting planned? I want to play in native language.

They already have English, Spanish and French VO. That had to be pretty expensive with a massive game like that. I guess they'll add a Czech VO only if the game sells very well.

English, French and German, no Spanish VO. And they have said many times that czech VO is not an issue of money, the cost of it compared to the whole development is negligible. The problem is time, they don't want to let another company handle it (because it would be shit), and want to do it themselves, which they simply don't have time for at the moment. In fact, they didn't even want to do any other VO than english, it's Deep Silver who wanted to have French and German VO and it's them who recorded it, WH only did english VO themselves.

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
For duels and light/medium armored oponents (even groups of these).

serveimage

For any other situation, specially a battlefield.

serveimage

serveimage

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
That video is fucking great but why is there gameplay of the protag stabbing another dude in full plate with a dagger from behind, typical modern "stealth" style, instantly killing him? The dagger should have plenty of trouble penetrating that shit.

Sentinel

Arcane
Also are the kicks and shoves still in the game? I haven't seen them in the most recent gameplay showcase.

Paul_cz

Arcane
That video is fucking great but why is there gameplay of the protag stabbing another dude in full plate with a dagger from behind, typical modern "stealth" style, instantly killing him? The dagger should have plenty of trouble penetrating that shit.
Probably because it is still a game, not reality simulator, and the buck has to stop somewhere, if we actually ever want to play it.

Darkzone

Arcane
For duels and light/medium armored oponents (even groups of these).

serveimage

For any other situation, specially a battlefield.

serveimage

serveimage
I agree with this assessment, but i would prefer a more pronounced bec de corbin on the last example, like in the second example.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom