Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Elex

Arbiter
The basic flamethrower isn't balanced, though. It's extremely powerful with its damage over time and a guaranteed knockdown. It also requires hilariously little attribute's values, making it the cheese. It should be either randomized with its knockdown chance, or it should require higher attributes/skill behind an attribute lock.

Because I know where I will go first during my next playthrough.

The critter tier enemies have too much health. For the little to none experience they give, there's really no pay off to fighting them. I mean, a green critter gives 5 exp only, while a giant rat (that deals approximately the same damage and has the same health pool) gives 25? The early game encounters should be redone a bit.

yes the game at low level look like that, but soon only the attack pattern of the enemy matter
exp sometime don’t fit the moster tier, you are not encouraged in killing them, you are not supposed to kill them.

when you are supposed to face horde of enemies the game already know you are above 30 and with good weapons

when you can massacre monster exp become relevant because you can clean fast and easy an area.

hunting 200xp monster at lvl 30 is a good reward

hunting 5-10 xp monster at lvl 1 is a waste of time

at least this part of the game look done on purpose.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Local hamster man renounces ELEX as trivialities, more news at 5
Eh leave the skaven be, he is trying to find gray cabbage without quest compass
well, then again...

I play the game to enjoy exploration, or C&C, or combat. I don't play the game to squeeze out the maximum amount of elexit even if that means I sit there like some call centre worker clicking buy & sell in some exploit or I sit there and shoot rats 500 times
he's unemployed and has more time for trivialities
i probably have over ten times that in liquid assets like <...> 10000 cigarettes
because after 50 hours of playtime...
jumping all over the cliffs between edan and tavar

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
the individual above does not understand what it means to witness the light of ELEX

what a poor, poor creature

Shadenuat

Arcane
We will leave you alone if you just write your fanboy ish review, since we'll be busy picking it apart for quest compass quotes and autistically screeching at each other over it.

thesoup

Arcane

I fear not the man who has released 10000 games once, but I fear the man who has released one game 10000 times. - Todd Howard, Designer of Skyrim, VR Ultimate 2017 Edition.

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, finished Elex main campaign. I was hoping to finish all sidequest available, but I was lvl 42 already and couldn't resist to know more about the hybrid.
Aanyways, talking about bugs....
After defearing the hybrid and change him with the seed. You talk with Tarek and bro Kallax about the upcoming threat. After deplete both of their dialogues, Jax still will be getting the 'You're a traitor to us all' from Tarek and the "all elex to the Hybrid" from Jax's sibling...
:hmmm:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I ran around searching for Gemstones today. Managed to make two +3 damage gems. I put both on my weapon and didn't notice any significant change in damage, which is a bit disappointing considering the effort you have to put into to look for the gems. I really wish PB would add more gems because right now there is exactly enough to make one +10 gem of each color if you collect them all, which is highly unlikely to happen unless you have the item sunglasses and a guide.

I only managed to create 1 of the biggest gems, all others were lacking 2 or 3 smaller ones. and I explored probably more then %90.

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How is the game in terms of bugs? Did they fix major stuff?
Two handed is bugged still (every third hit misses), and descriptions are misleading. There's a major update incoming within a couple of weeks. It was confirmed for consoles, not yet for PC though.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The more I think about it, the more Ignadon feels superrushed to me and I come to the conclusion that it should have been cut.

If you consider for example, how many and what quests take place in Ignadon outside the Hort, you more or less have the following list:

1. Find elex smuggler in the vanguard castle
2. Get rogue drone AI modules
3. Get fud from refugees
4. Get Godehard's crate from some random goy just outside Hort
5. Kill "heretics"
6. Tag shrines

2-6 are just fetch quests, with only 1 providing some degree of interesting stuff to it.

Further, the entire area to the very south screams cut content to me. There's a lake with a troll that for some reason has map boundary killer radiation. There's a mining zone by another lake that also has killer radiation.

Finally, all places with clerics are actually everywhere but Ignadon. Typically they are some deep undercover troublemakers and away teams (Bertram, Hartmut, Volkmar), but there are also Hort-related clerics in a few places, and they are all in east Abessa (dam, oppressed farmers), which further sorta invalidates the existence of Ignadon itself.

If you ask me, they should have just scrapped Ignadon altogether and kept only the Hort and the vanguard castle. Put the castle somewhere in east Abessa, make Hort accessible only through the dome teleporter and have it completely secluded from everything else, except I guess the converter, that has to be placed somewhere nearby as well. In the end they'd lose very little of actual content when it comes to quests etc, and as for sightseeing and explorashun - Ignadon is by far the worst region in the game. The difference in quality between it and every other place is seriously glaring.

Tigranes

Arcane
Ignadon, Xacor and Tavar aren't as bad as desertland and iceland in G3, but they're all inferior IMO to Edan/Abessa. Ignadon is controlled by the most organised and arguably powerful faction facing no real problems but feels almost as abandoned wilderness as Tavar.

I'd have done what roxor suggests with Ignadon, and then modify Tavar somewhat so that instead of being an identically free-traversible area, maybe the desert storms make normal navigation impossible/difficult and you use underground caverns and secluded valleys to hop your way to interesting points. I really don't see what is gained by having players trek endless sand dunes fighting random lizards.

Elex

Arbiter
The more I think about it, the more Ignadon feels superrushed to me and I come to the conclusion that it should have been cut.

If you consider for example, how many and what quests take place in Ignadon outside the Hort, you more or less have the following list:

1. Find elex smuggler in the vanguard castle
2. Get rogue drone AI modules
3. Get fud from refugees
4. Get Godehard's crate from some random goy just outside Hort
5. Kill "heretics"
6. Tag shrines

2-6 are just fetch quests, with only 1 providing some degree of interesting stuff to it.

Further, the entire area to the very south screams cut content to me. There's a lake with a troll that for some reason has map boundary killer radiation. There's a mining zone by another lake that also has killer radiation.

Finally, all places with clerics are actually everywhere but Ignadon. Typically they are some deep undercover troublemakers and away teams (Bertram, Hartmut, Volkmar), but there are also Hort-related clerics in a few places, and they are all in east Abessa (dam, oppressed farmers), which further sorta invalidates the existence of Ignadon itself.

If you ask me, they should have just scrapped Ignadon altogether and kept only the Hort and the vanguard castle. Put the castle somewhere in east Abessa, make Hort accessible only through the dome teleporter and have it completely secluded from everything else, except I guess the converter, that has to be placed somewhere nearby as well. In the end they'd lose very little of actual content when it comes to quests etc, and as for sightseeing and explorashun - Ignadon is by far the worst region in the game. The difference in quality between it and every other place is seriously glaring.
there is more quest in ignadon
some companion quest

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I like Tavar :M

haven't been to xacor yet tho

Ho ho just you wait

My personal theory is the Albs turned to Hybrid because living in Xacor would make you suicide unless you lost your mind to religious fanaticism

The reason the Albs splintered off of the Clerics was because of the religious fanaticism.
Then they found the Hybrid. :M

Shadenuat

Arcane
Tavar at least has entrance to the only major non main plot secret in the game. Although there are already too many bethestard locations "ho raidersreavers with pet jackals and funny notes on the skeleton of your mom" and "ho reavers that are cannibals and tell you that and then attack"

Ignadon, for me ice throne wasn't most disappointing location, this was:

iQ5pccH.png

it. doesn't. OPEN.

Also faction promotion quests are lazy as fuuuuck. Zerks and outlaws even copy each other. Twice.

Last edited:

Grimlorn

Arcane
look on the map if that door opened you'd be covered with lava. I'm not sure why they even put that door there. It was great to come along there and find one of the best rifles in the game though guarded by a Cyclops.

Last edited:

Murk

Arcane
There's nice armor and weapon there btw. I like to rush there early on and grab the armor as I think it's the best non-factional armor you can get.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom