Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

Valtiel

Scholar
I would like to make another playthrough in the near future, but thinking about the goddamn never ending sewer/catacomb level...:negative:

Wesp5

Arcane
I would like to make another playthrough in the near future, but thinking about the goddamn never ending sewer/catacomb level...:negative:

If you install the plus version of the Unofficial Patch you can take a shortcut through a small new sewer map we recreated after some beta screenshots :)!

Valtiel

Scholar

If you install the plus version of the Unofficial Patch you can take a shortcut through a small new sewer map we recreated after some beta screenshots :)!
:dealwithit:
Thank you based modder, i will surely try plus next time! I wish i had all the motivation and dedication you have to keep updating a 13 years old game.

Sizzle

Arcane
Yeah, Gillen can be good. The problem being, he's most at home in his hipsterish, semi-SJW The Wicked + The Divine and Phonogram series - and his hypothetical BL2 would likely devolve into similar bullshit.

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
I want to play an independent Lasombra antitribu that can shadow form up skyscrapers as an option with enough levels unlocked in obtenebration. That's the kind of detail I'd like to see in a Bloodlines successor.

Vorark

Erudite
Messed around in the sound options and the weird sound is gone. The heck I never thought about it before? First time I played I thought the VA was recorded in a ghetto studion due to the metallic quality the voices had; liked the game well enough to play it all the way though.

Thanks, gaussgunner and Multidirectional :bro:

I love playing as Ventrue or Tremere. Killing with class!

YES! I remember laughing hard when the PC sucked the blood of some hobo and then threw up. :obviously:

HansDampf

Arcane
Which version of the game do you own? I'm currently playing this again and thought it was a good opportunity to give the True Patch a try. But the GOG version seems to reject it left and right. I got it to work eventually and it definitely is the TP, but I'm still wondering if I messed something up. As long as I copy the resource files into the Vampire folder I should be fine, right?

gaussgunner

Arcane
YES! I remember laughing hard when the PC sucked the blood of some hobo and then threw up. :obviously:
Haha yeah, I started a Ventrue playthrough this week. My character vill feast only upon ze veins of ze finest lesspians. Gettin' by on her looks, seduction, hacking, domination, bare fists & fangs. The hard part is remembering I'm supposed to support the Camarilla.

I'm playing Wesp5's plus patch this time, under WINE staging version... flawless so far. :salute:
Maybe I'll actually finish the game this time even if the end is kinda meh.

gaussgunner

Arcane
Which version of the game do you own? I'm currently playing this again and thought it was a good opportunity to give the True Patch a try. But the GOG version seems to reject it left and right. I got it to work eventually and it definitely is the TP, but I'm still wondering if I messed something up. As long as I copy the resource files into the Vampire folder I should be fine, right?

Unfortunately(?) the GOG version comes with Plus Patch v9.6 applied. It's in Basic Patch mode by default but it's still the full Plus Patch code. That's mostly in the Unofficial_Patch folder, with the original game in the Vampire folder. There's probably a FAQ about restoring it to the original version... yeah, try https://af.gog.com/forum/vampire_th...o_the_gog_version_of_bloodlines?as=1649904300

Last edited by a moderator:

HansDampf

Arcane
Yes, I followed that guide, but still had some problems. I was unsure mainly because of one particular bug in the beginning. I couldn't fight in the tutorial because there were no "hands" in my inventory. But the game is definitely using the assets from the TP (maps, models, dialogue, etc.).

Wesp5

Arcane
I'm playing Wesp5's plus patch this time, under WINE staging version... flawless so far. :salute:
Maybe I'll actually finish the game this time even if the end is kinda meh.

You might want to use the new endgame shortcuts which I included in the actual plus version in that case :)!

Unfortunately(?) the GOG version comes with Plus Patch v9.6 applied. It's in Basic Patch mode by default but it's still the full Plus Patch code.

There is no seperate basic and plus code, the installer switches between them by changing one file that sets a global variable. Also the GOG release includes the unpatched main game and you can always run this by using the "legacy" shortcut.

gaussgunner

Arcane
I couldn't fight in the tutorial because there were no "hands" in my inventory.

This is a well known random bug that the UP fixed a long time ago. It seems the TP didn't...

That happened to me every time with the vanilla GOG version (9.6 UP Basic). Fortunately easily solved with a console command.

And let me guess, Plus gives you the items you'd get in the tutorial if you skip it? If not, it'd be nice.

Yes, I followed that guide, but still had some problems.
I guess we need a better guide. This is too important a game to be left like this. If I feel ambitious I'll track down an original copy and see what's up.

biggestboss

Liturgist
Is there a consensus best mod setup for this game? I've already beaten the game before using only the unofficial patch years ago but I've always remembered seeing a bunch of other possibly cool looking mods that I didn't want to install because I didn't feel like it at the time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom