Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
With all those early patches, i think i'll wait for enhanced edition.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
To be honest Cleve, some of the artwork is decent indeed but the "animations" are pretty terrible and a bit out of sync with the sound as far as I could tell from watching gameplay in youtube...
In any case, if people like the game and are playing it that's good enough. There are for sure worse games out there. It's definetely not for me though so I'll come back only to leave a snarky comment now and then since,well, it's THE thread for that.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Yeah, I don't feel like participating in the current public beta.

Wake me up when the game is finally auto-updating, save games and encounter rate are fixed, escape brings up options, overlay is working so that I can finally take some god damn screenshots, etc.

And why does it take like 30 seconds to load up the title screen which is a single bitmap?

Reapa

Doom Preacher
20 year old shovelware. Plain and Simple.

Zep--
so nobody gifted you a copy yet? weird how trying to make someone else pay for your copy, because you can't even be bothered to pirate it doesn't resonate with anyone here... i'd be butthurt too if i was you.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Dude...I'll be happy if I don't have to look at the editor code again.

The game is boring. The editor makes it less boring, but still boring.

Anyway, Got to teach my ESL class now and then service the waifu. If there are saves in the inbox in the morning, I'll look at them then.

Zep--

Nixheb

Arcane

Ho.

This thread.

:hmmm:

EDIT : Just to be clear => since I'm back from hollidays, my feelings are constantly doing the rollercoaster between the awe of being alive and anticipating my backer's key and the uttermost despair of perceiving the game as broken and crippled with technical bugs. Being ecstatic and broken at the same time is a strange feeling.

Plus the fact that the hot 199x Raghilda turned into a shitty Anime character and the title screen displays my favorite kebap'isto as a fighter. It tastes like burnt yogurt.

Last edited:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
20 year old shovelware. Plain and Simple.

Zep--
so nobody gifted you a copy yet? weird how trying to make someone else pay for your copy, because you can't even be bothered to pirate it doesn't resonate with anyone here... i'd be butthurt too if i was you.

I don't understand why but Drog got a free copy lol, probably so he could make a negative review on steam.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
FFS Cleve multiple posters have said you need to introduce patches first through Steam's beta patch system considering that not everyone wants to be a beta tester.

From badgame

So I didn't realize that everytime you resurrect a character they losel ike 10 con. So my wolf guy has died 8 times (shows in char screen) and hehas 13 con now.

Most of my guys have low con now, failed run? this is fucked up lol
pointless mechanics like permanently losing con upon resurrect necessitating a load and rendering the resurrect spell useless are cool

This wouldn't affect me at all since I'd always reload after a death (unless we're talking near endgame where it doesn't matter as much), but yeah, this mechanic does the opposite of what you want it to do (discourage reloading after a death).

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Lots of button ratings...no saves in my inbox...so...

Zep--
Sorry, Zep. Games works perfectly fine for me. 0 bugs encountered so far.

Update, reload, and enjoy.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore some kind of official statement regarding if the saves of your thousands of players are permanently lost or not would be nice. You won't believe how shortsighted we sapes are, but if every time we update there's a chance to lose everything, that might slightly tarnish the greatness of the game...

Also, I suspect you include the library file in the updateable list of files, that's why it's overwritten on each update and gets lost. Please check that out.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
FFS Cleve multiple posters have said you need to introduce patches first through Steam's beta patch system considering that not everyone wants to be a beta tester.

From badgame

So I didn't realize that everytime you resurrect a character they losel ike 10 con. So my wolf guy has died 8 times (shows in char screen) and hehas 13 con now.

Most of my guys have low con now, failed run? this is fucked up lol
pointless mechanics like permanently losing con upon resurrect necessitating a load and rendering the resurrect spell useless are cool

This wouldn't affect me at all since I'd always reload after a death (unless we're talking near endgame where it doesn't matter as much), but yeah, this mechanic does the opposite of what you want it to do (discourage reloading after a death).
cleve =/= sawyer
nobody fucking cares how often you save scumm. the feature is for people who like rpgs. deaths with 0 consequences so you can steamroll the game without having to reload and feel guilty about reloading are retarded. as is anyone who argues for instead of against such crap.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Cleveland Mark Blakemore = 1122 = Yahveh in Jewish Gematria.
That doesn't seem to be the right name of God for this particular situation. Him corresponding to Yahveh would mean that entire universe is a homologue of Grimoire.
However...
For God did not reveal Himself to the patriarchs as YHVH, let alone as “I am” (EHIYEH), but as “SHADDAI” (ירש ter), the “Almighty One.” This name corresponds to the level of the comprehension and revelation of God at that time. SHADDAI was used whenever it was a matter of convincing the human being that for God nothing is impossible (Gen. 17: 1; 28: 3; 35: 1; 43: 14; 48: 3; 49: 25).

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom