Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Starwars

Arcane
Some of the White March areas are OK for doing stealth, so if they build upon that design philosophy and also improve the actual mechanics of it then it should be pretty good.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I think you do. Explanation in the spoiler:

Even if you get the robes, there is this character who stops you and engages in conversation whenever he sees you. She has a patrol route in the area. The second or third time you cross paths, if you don't avoid her, your cover will be blown.
Nope.
With sufficient Int + Per OR Resolve, you can pass all 3 checks and keep the cover indefinitely. The difficulty of the checks increases each time you are being called out though.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I think you do. Explanation in the spoiler:

Even if you get the robes, there is this character who stops you and engages in conversation whenever he sees you. She has a patrol route in the area. The second or third time you cross paths, if you don't avoid her, your cover will be blown.
Nope.
With sufficient Int + Per OR Resolve, you can pass all 3 checks and keep the cover indefinitely. The difficulty of the checks increases each time you are being called out though.
cool, I didn't know that

Chris Avelltwo

Scholar
so, how much did they make on slackerbacker?

There's still about 40+ days to go yet, but I do know they've managed to hit at least one additional stretch goal with the slacker backer so far. Hopefully they'll get to 5 million, but who is to say if they will.

2house2fly

Magister
I'd be happy with 4,749,999 so they don't put in a fishing minigame (???) but they've got extra funds to put towards the stuff that sounds cool, like ship crews and sidekicks

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I'd be happy with 4,749,999 so they don't put in a fishing minigame (???) but they've got extra funds to put towards the stuff that sounds cool, like ship crews and sidekicks
I have to agree here. It sounded kind of stupid, and the way they implemented the stronghold in the first game, I'm not sure I should be excited for it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Interesting. I guess it makes the game more forgiving for mistakes or miscalculated AoE though. Also, I can't be the only one who hates the AoE circles? I mean their graphic or whatever you want to call them, it doesn't look like it belongs stylistically. It was the same in P1.

Sentinel

Arcane
Wait so the bar above their heads that indicates queued actions is gone?

Also is that a fucking turban I see on that faggot party member? Guess I know who I'm immediately executing.

Sannom

Augur
Interesting. I guess it makes the game more forgiving for mistakes or miscalculated AoE though.
According to Sawyer it also makes spells with long casting times viable and less frustrating, which helps with the new economy of action they hope to introduce in the game to offset the disappearance of spells as a rest-based resources.

Also is that a fucking turban I see on that faggot party member? Guess I know who I'm immediately executing.
You got a problem against people protecting their head from the sun? What are you, a lobbyist for some sort of heat-stroke "miracle cure"? Get the fuck out, you chaotic evil, Mike Oldfied-worshiping idiot!

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Interesting. I guess it makes the game more forgiving for mistakes or miscalculated AoE though.
According to Sawyer it also makes spells with long casting times viable and less frustrating, which helps with the new economy of action they hope to introduce in the game to offset the disappearance of spells as a rest-based resources.

So the decision here was to make casting times longer forcing people to repeatedly pause the game to re-aim their spells? Sounds balanced.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Longer casting times are a good thing. Longer, more uniform recovery times for everyone would be a great thing.

"Accuracy 57"? So they are still going with that d100 system. Sad.

I guess it makes the game more forgiving for mistakes or miscalculated AoE though. Also, I can't be the only one who hates the AoE circles?
You know you can turn these off, right?

Sannom

Augur
So the decision here was to make casting times longer forcing people to repeatedly pause the game to re-aim their spells? Sounds balanced.
In the game proper, we presumably will only pause once, when the spell is about to get launched. They're overdoing it here because it's a test.

Efe

Erudite
they look out of place with that bland 2 color circle and i agree. some motif (pentagram for wizards / tree of life for druids / etc) could go a long way. all you need is the edges of circles, rest of it is doing nothing.
turning them off because you dont find their style fitting. what a grand idea! why bother making it better?

Quillon

Arcane
Also, I can't be the only one who hates the AoE circles? I mean their graphic or whatever you want to call them, it doesn't look like it belongs stylistically. It was the same in P1.

I like this better than just the outlines of circles or whatever's the shape from early PoE1, this is much more clearer. If there is a better way/style, shoot.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I guess it makes the game more forgiving for mistakes or miscalculated AoE though. Also, I can't be the only one who hates the AoE circles?
You know you can turn these off, right?

You might want to read the rest of my post.

I mean their graphic or whatever you want to call them, it doesn't look like it belongs stylistically. It was the same in P1.

I like this better than just the outlines of circles or whatever's the shape from early PoE1, this is much more clearer. If there is a better way/style, shoot.

They might go with some sigil or something, not just bland 2 color circles which clash very badly with the aesthetic. Currently it looks like 2 transparent circles done in Paint.

Unwanted

lili

Unwanted
Lel, it doesnt look like he cancels the casting time. PoE2 confirmed worse than PoE1, if thats even possible...

Place your 5... 4 non-vancian lol mages in a row, out of sight of the enemy.
Start casting 4 longest baddest MMO spells.
Trigger enemy with Eder.
Retargeted AOE Hell.

Now you dont even need to calculate and hope and pray.
Its hard to make PoE combat worse but this is a good start!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom