Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U and Switch

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
As expected, media criticism is throwing perfect review scores at Zelda Breath of the Wild like candy. Reviews seems to highlight that this Zelda is kind of unforgiving, you know, like the first and second one from the NES. Is that true?.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
6 hours in, things I don't like: Not being able to play this on PC with 2xfps and 4xresolution. Not a big fan of the modern tablet-ish UI. Things I like: basically everything else. I even wouldn't be disappointed if I had paid for it :M

Deleted member 7219

Looks like some publications are already saying this is the best game ever made (or at least, since Fallout 4 graced our presence)... shame I will never, ever play it because of no PC release. There's no way I'll ever buy a Switch.

boot

Prophet
6 hours in, things I don't like: Not being able to play this on PC with 2xfps and 4xresolution. Not a big fan of the modern tablet-ish UI. Things I like: basically everything else. I even wouldn't be disappointed if I had paid for it :M

More detail please

rbenchley

Educated
Patron
Looks like some publications are already saying this is the best game ever made (or at least, since Fallout 4 graced our presence)... shame I will never, ever play it because of no PC release. There's no way I'll ever buy a Switch.
WiiU version plus Cemu emulator would allow you to play it on your PC. Right now it only makes it to the menu screen and then it crashes, but the developers are pretty good, so I suspect they'll have it running in a playable state pretty soon.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

which part of the Cemu in this thread did you miss

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Its funny how people go crazy when someone uses a couple icons as placeholder art in a game being developed- but pirating is just dandy.

Don't get me wrong, I only get mad when people pirate rpgs. Please, pirate the shit out of Bethesda games, Bioware games, console games, etc. As long as this site shows some integrity and does not allow and shuts down talk of when people want to pirate rpgs.

Last edited:

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Some nice features:
- If you are wearing a metal armor or if you are using a metal weapon during a storm, thunderbolts will probably insta-kill you.
That's not how electricity works.
:rpgcodex:
So under Nintendo logic, if link wears a metal armor He becomes a walking lightning rod, seems they forgot all the concept of "grounding" this time.

sullynathan

Arcane
No one rated Fallout 4 that highly in the mainstream, everyone was busy sucking off the Witcher 3.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Is this thread proof that the average RPGCodex poster is between 7 and 15 years old and has no idea what an rpg is? I say yes.

I should've camped out. I had the day off!

I'm pretending to enjoy Wizardry 5 when I really should be playing Zelda.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
If you're going to be dumb enough to D1P an entirely new class of hardware, do remember at least to buy screen protectors for your switch: the screen.. is plastic, not glass, and scratches when in contact of the console's own dock. Yeah this is pretty retarded.

http://www.glixel.com/news/youre-going-to-want-a-screen-protector-for-your-nintendo-switch-w470245

Well, along with scratched screens I can only hope adults who buy the Nintendo Switch for anything or anyone other than young children also get AIDS and die a painful death.

Ash

Arcane
I'm curious about this game, but am not interested in the switch unless it gets a bunch of good games.

isn't it retarded to play child games when you're an adult?

Says the Dishonored fan, a game that demands less intelligence from the player than A Link to the Past, or any typical child's video game of that era.

tet666

Augur
If you're going to be dumb enough to D1P an entirely new class of hardware, do remember at least to buy screen protectors for your switch: the screen.. is plastic, not glass, and scratches when in contact of the console's own dock. Yeah this is pretty retarded.

http://www.glixel.com/news/youre-going-to-want-a-screen-protector-for-your-nintendo-switch-w470245

Not only that but look at this shit
Zy8TFLQ.jpg

screen lottery is back as well^^
Friend of mine got a pink one and it has a dead pixel right from the center as well was laughing pretty hard i mean i did warn him.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Never D1P a console. That's common sense.

The Wii U version of this seems perfectly fine, a few frame hitches here and there but nothing bad.

82003Yx.jpg

Hyrule Field is a big place. I expect you'll become quite familiar with that Sheikah Slate as you plan your next move. How and when you make it, that's up to you.

Now go! And let the Hero of Hyrule come back to life!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom