Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
There's a lot less fighting though. Anyway getting less XP is like a reward in a modern CRPG like this as it delays the point of your character choices becoming irrelevant

Jinn

Arcane
My point is that a pacific answer to the first fight doesn't give you half of what you earn fighting. It's unbalanced.

I got 100xp for that pacific answer. Just to be clear:

I had Callistege phase/teleport behind the leader of those mercenaries and convince him he was going to get everyone killed if he stayed and fought.

SumDrunkGuy

So the general consensus on Scan Thoughts I'm getting from this thread is that it's a waste of a skill point. Will avoid.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
FARGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sin_t_tulo.jpg

(Minor issue)

My framerate doesn't appear to be very good. It doesn't help that there's almost NO graphic options, but at least the game is fairly playable, just not 100% 60FPS like I would like.

What I did with the guys at the beginning of the game:

Bluffed my way past the thugs, "honestly" claiming I saw the star, but didn't know where it landed. My companions ended up barking insults at each other later, and I just told them I wanted to travel alone.

Game already reminds me a lot of Planescape: Torment, just because

I found an optional weapon thanks to my skills, and then enhanced that weapon outside the starting location.

Sadly, it does suffer from pointless purple prose at times. Especially at the very beginning of the game. I hate the usual "this thing happened, just like [random comparison]". It makes me think these writers are fans of Family Guy.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
So the general consensus on Scan Thoughts I'm getting from this thread is that it's a waste of a skill point.

Look, the whole game is about skill checks and you can beat any skill check if you learn how to use the system. The use of skills such as scan on dialogue is basically the only fun you will have playing this game because it adds personality and character to NPCs. So forget about this min-max mentality and try to use different skills.

It's nice flavour present in practically every dialogue. It's not like your stats matter much when you can use your companion's.

This. It's like empathy on FO2. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Avellone's idea too.

Sentinel

Arcane
So the general consensus on Scan Thoughts I'm getting from this thread is that it's a waste of a skill point. Will avoid.
Only "use" I found for Scan Thoughts is when you meet an NPC by a crashed airship where you can comment on the weirdness of his thoughts.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
One thing that's pretty ridiculous is that there are no keyboard keys for zooming. So if you're using a laptop, you're out of luck? WTF?

At least it seems to be something they may fix later, as this sea comment suggests:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/272270/discussions/0/133256240742126207/

There seems to be a lot of issues with keys. I switched some and the stopped working. For instance I switched highlight to left alt and it doesn't work and other issues like this.

There is nothing major, and it is still a good game. I haven't run across any major bugs, just little annoying functionality issues.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
So the general consensus on Scan Thoughts I'm getting from this thread is that it's a waste of a skill point.
It's nice flavour present in practically every dialogue. It's not like your stats matter much when you can use your companion's.

I think it is a little more than flavor. It informs you of when someone is lying, has ulterior motives, and things of this nature. I appreciate this ability and like the guess work removed for me.

hpstg

Savant
Wait a second, are you guys using a controller on a PC for an rpg? What the fuck is going on here?
Yes I am, or that's the plan at least. Since the game supports large fonts and with the condition that the controller interface is halfway decent, I would rather play this on my couch with a beer and the big TV, rather than on my desk. I understand that this is not how most people here would play (or approve the play of) a game like this, but fuck that, they said they would have controller support, and they don't work with the most popular controller.

nigga isn't it all xinput? Should just be plug and play.
Unfortunately it's not as simple like that. The Xbox One controller uses a different Axis/Button layout, and it's not compatible.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I think it is a little more than flavor. It informs you of when someone is lying, has ulterior motives, and things of this nature. I appreciate this ability and like the guess work removed for me.

Agree. It helps you make your mind on some choices and dialogue options. I know I made my decision on my companions based on what they were thinking.

jungl

Augur
The pc male potrait art honestly doesn't look bad looks cute exotic. The female on the other hand looks like some wierd girl that got whacked on the side of the head with a baseball bat. The style they went for works more for the male.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
The pc male potrait art honestly doesn't look bad looks cute exotic. The female on the other hand looks like some wierd girl that got whacked on the side of the head with a baseball bat. The style they went for works more for the male.

Why has no one mentioned this laughable shit? I guess red boots DLC was just a good idea in the making.

This reinforced array of dense hide and sturdy plating is forged entirely from your thoughts, given shape by your intent, and it will protect you as you fight the way a glaive does: hand to hand and face to face. The synthetic musculature binds the plating to you even further and increases the strength of every attack, granting 5 Armor, 2 Resistance, and +10% on all attacks.

This silky garment is woven entirely from your thoughts, protecting you as you fight the way a nano does: from afar, using your superior intellect and esoteries. A humming field of energy will increase the connection speed between your brain’s synapses while passively repelling incoming attacks. It grants you 2 Armor, 4 Resistance, and Intellect +1.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So what's it like? Worth pirating?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom