Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

2house2fly

Magister
Yeah, this is pretty weird. Last 5 days and they will stop working today to have a holida. I just dont get it.
It's literally a holiday in the country, not coming into work today means Obsidian is a half-decent employer. That said, they totally should have had an update ready to go. This whole campaign has been surprisingly amateurish considering it's their second go.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I mean... it's President's Day. It's not like they made up the holiday or something. Also, points for equating a fundraising campaign with multiple days left to life-threatening/saving surgery. :P

I was joking obviously, but it's an interesting thing you brought up. What of the fact that it's a "national holiday"? Most of them are trivial and I'd just wait a few days to get our *fundraising campaign for our next game* sorted and get more money before going on a couple of days holiday. It's not like they are on government jobs (I don't know if that's the name in English) and *have to be* at work at certain days, unless I'm missing some American thing where that's not true. I really don't care if they are at work or not, I'm just saying that it would be in their best interest to postpone any breaks for a few days, disregarding any arbitrary national holidays. "But muh family and friends", yeah, I don't see the relevancy, if they can never see their families/friends apart from national holidays they have bigger problems.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire?update=274#updates

Update #15 - $3 Million! A Mini-Update While We're Out
POSTED: 02/20/2017

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all our fans, backers, and investors for helping us reach the amazing milestone of $3 million dollars! It's truly amazing that we've hit this point. We're now the campaign with the most backers in Fig history, and it's due to our amazing fans who, like us, want to make Pillars of Eternity II the deepest, most robust, and most engrossing RPG it can possibly be. We're so excited to be able to include companion relationships, which we know are going to make the game even more incredible.

While we have more in the way of stretch goals and -- only a few days left to achieve them! -- we'll save them (and a big announcement about a really important, super cool, and heretofore extremely hush-hush game feature) for our next update, which will be coming very soon. For now, we'll keep it brief and just say thanks.

And by way of saying thanks, we want to announce that we're including two new rewards for several of our backer tiers, both of which feature the unofficial, super cute, pet mascot of Pillars of Eternity, the Space Pig!

First, we have the Space Pig pin:

https%3A%2F%2Fplayfig.s3.amazonaws.com%2FCampaignBodyImage%2Fimage%2Fdata%2Fce12d12bf233c43f%2Ffbdb892d96baf83e%2F615a234ef99562c3%2Fd7df21a99ce81669

The pin is shiny, fancy, and awesome, and will be added automatically for anyone who's backed us at Collector's Edition ($149) level or above.

For everyone who is a true pet lover, though, we've gone one step beyond. If you've backed us at the Name a Pet ($500) level, you'll be getting the pin, and the squishy, squeezy, Space Pig Plushie:

https%3A%2F%2Fplayfig.s3.amazonaws.com%2FCampaignBodyImage%2Fimage%2Fdata%2F00754c78233a3449%2F719cdf56d20c20d6%2Fd65c136c54ed128b%2F75361df1fca13569

It's. So. Fluffy! More details on both of these items to come in our next update, along with a whole lot more Pillars II goodness.

Please note, that due to the holiday, it make take a day or so before the item lists on the tiers on the Fig page reflect the additional pin and plushie, but rest assured, if you're at $149 or above you're getting the pin, and if you're at $500 or above you're getting the pin and the plushie!

Thanks again to everyone who's helped us get this far. With your help, let's see how much more we can add to Pillars II before the campaign ends in the next few days!

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Kind of seems to me that they don't really care about getting money in this campaign. They have enough since poe1 and they probably do this for more or less free publicity and to plug the fig platform. If they really wanted money they shouldve had daily updates to keep the train going as mentioned previously.

I mean investment gives them jack shit and most of the pledges are more or less preorders.

Mazisky

Magister

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Probably ship. The major city is an island and wallpaper/promo art features battle on ship.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Update:
Update #15 - $3 Million! A Mini-Update While We're Out
POSTED: 02/20/2017

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all our fans, backers, and investors for helping us reach the amazing milestone of $3 million dollars! It's truly amazing that we've hit this point. We're now the campaign with the most backers in Fig history, and it's due to our amazing fans who, like us, want to make Pillars of Eternity II the deepest, most robust, and most engrossing RPG it can possibly be. We're so excited to be able to include companion relationships, which we know are going to make the game even more incredible.

While we have more in the way of stretch goals and -- only a few days left to achieve them! -- we'll save them (and a big announcement about a really important, super cool, and heretofore extremely hush-hush game feature) for our next update, which will be coming very soon. For now, we'll keep it brief and just say thanks.

And by way of saying thanks, we want to announce that we're including two new rewards for several of our backer tiers, both of which feature the unofficial, super cute, pet mascot of Pillars of Eternity, the Space Pig!

First, we have the Space Pig pin:

https%3A%2F%2Fplayfig.s3.amazonaws.com%2FCampaignBodyImage%2Fimage%2Fdata%2Fce12d12bf233c43f%2Ffbdb892d96baf83e%2F615a234ef99562c3%2Fd7df21a99ce81669

The pin is shiny, fancy, and awesome, and will be added automatically for anyone who's backed us at Collector's Edition ($149) level or above.

For everyone who is a true pet lover, though, we've gone one step beyond. If you've backed us at the Name a Pet ($500) level, you'll be getting the pin, and the squishy, squeezy, Space Pig Plushie:

https%3A%2F%2Fplayfig.s3.amazonaws.com%2FCampaignBodyImage%2Fimage%2Fdata%2F00754c78233a3449%2F719cdf56d20c20d6%2Fd65c136c54ed128b%2F75361df1fca13569

It's. So. Fluffy! More details on both of these items to come in our next update, along with a whole lot more Pillars II goodness.

Please note, that due to the holiday, it make take a day or so before the item lists on the tiers on the Fig page reflect the additional pin and plushie, but rest assured, if you're at $149 or above you're getting the pin, and if you're at $500 or above you're getting the pin and the plushie!

Thanks again to everyone who's helped us get this far. With your help, let's see how much more we can add to Pillars II before the campaign ends in the next few days!
:abyssgazer:

We'll never get this confirmed, but I'm pretty sure the space piglet from PoE was a stand-in for the miniature giant space hamster. Endearing, isn't it.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I mean... it's President's Day. It's not like they made up the holiday or something. Also, points for equating a fundraising campaign with multiple days left to life-threatening/saving surgery. :P

I was joking obviously, but it's an interesting thing you brought up. What of the fact that it's a "national holiday"? Most of them are trivial and I'd just wait a few days to get our *fundraising campaign for our next game* sorted and get more money before going on a couple of days holiday. It's not like they are on government jobs (I don't know if that's the name in English) and *have to be* at work at certain days, unless I'm missing some American thing where that's not true. I really don't care if they are at work or not, I'm just saying that it would be in their best interest to postpone any breaks for a few days, disregarding any arbitrary national holidays. "But muh family and friends", yeah, I don't see the relevancy, if they can never see their families/friends apart from national holidays they have bigger problems.

it's just a bank holiday and most places are still open and conducting business, not sure why they are making such a big deal out of it unless they are either really lazy and just looking for an excuse to slack off, or they are just really big fans of TRUMP

:mrpresident:

Fry

Arcane
Kind of seems to me that they don't really care about getting money in this campaign. They have enough since poe1 and they probably do this for more or less free publicity and to plug the fig platform. If they really wanted money they shouldve had daily updates to keep the train going as mentioned previously.

More like they needed a certain amount of money to finish the game and add critical features, and they got that in the first week.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Should wait and see what they do in the last days before making assumptions.

4 days out and they're still below WL2, though, and that's despite having 500k more from backers. Unless investors are hiding somewhere with another $1 million, it's far to say something went wrong. PoE should be comfortably beating WL2, the first game was more successful (sales) and more appealing to general public (fantasy vs. postapo).

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

4 days out and they're still below WL2, though, and that's despite having 500k more from backers. Unless investors are hiding somewhere with another $1 million, it's far to say something went wrong. PoE should be comfortably beating WL2, the first game was more successful (sales) and more appealing to general public (fantasy vs. postapo).
They don't have Devious Uncle Fargo. They have Fluffy Uncle Feargus.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Yes, they're "hiding" (being hidden): http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...draiser-live-too.108836/page-135#post-4955999

Deleted member 7219

Fig damaged the game no doubt. Everyone and their grandma knows what Kickstarter is now, but hardly anyone knows about Fig. It is a really obscure website. Also, the media have been pretty quiet about the campaign. What surprised me was how IGN had what seemed like an hour long interview with Feargus and the Fig campaign got like 5 seconds at the end.

Even if it was on Kickstarter I'd expect it to earn less than PoE and Torment, though. Kickstarter fatigue and the fact that people know the game is definitely going to be made anyway, so they're going to wait for reviews.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

Yes, they're "hiding" (being hidden): http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...draiser-live-too.108836/page-135#post-4955999

I know about those, but making reservations doesn't necessarily mean all the investors will come through. We shall see though, perhaps they're planning to open the floodgates for last 3 days.

Arulan

Cipher
Going by Fig-precedent, PoE2 is going to end with about $1 million more combined than WL3. Maybe more.

Easily. They raised the investor cap to 2.25 million, meaning they should have another 750K left that just needs to be approved. I wonder if we'll see a significant push in pledges though.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Could any of you who backed already ask Feargus in the Fig comments about POE1 loading times and if they have a solution in POE2 since they are still using Unity AFAIK?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Could any of you who backed already ask Feargus in the Fig comments about how they intend to fix the loading times that were a pain in the ass?
Watch the Twitch stream with Adam Bennecke. This question was addressed there. In short: new unity engine, much optimization, wow.

Sizzle

Arcane
Could any of you who backed already ask Feargus in the Fig comments about how they intend to fix the loading times that were a pain in the ass?

This was confirmed a long time ago (even before the Fig campaign) - loading times will be much shorter in PoE2.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Could any of you who backed already ask Feargus in the Fig comments about POE1 loading times and if they have a solution in POE2 since they are still using Unity AFAIK?

It's been discussed a few times. Here's one quote from Feargus answering a different question (low-level computers) which touches on it:

"We've also optimized the non-graphics part of the engine (loading is WAY better now)."

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I remember when patches came out for POE1 and every single changelog had "MUCH IMPROVED LOADING TIMES" and then "MUCH IMPROVED LOADING TIMES, NOW FOR REAL" and so on... I didn't yet play Tyranny, did they manage to get it right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom