Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battle Brothers Pre-Release Thread

Drew

Savant
That's incredibly optimistic.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Three uniques after an easy one skull Orc camp clearance! (After raiding the last three big Orc towns got me nothing)

DAEDF85A0DE03AE543A49F78B848B8DB085044AE

rapsdjff

Overhype Studios
Developer
final_blog_header.jpg

Let’s Play the Final Update
This week we start a new Let’s Play series with a preview version of the upcoming final update for Battle Brothers. Watch Jaysen race through the early game and point out new things in this first Episode.

We’ll be releasing new episodes every few days, so check back to see more new features in action. The update will be released to the beta branch of the game for you to play later this month.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Spotted from Youtube comments:
JoystickGames6 hours ago
I Would say that the game needs a sleep in tavern option.

Edit.
The hell is this?
Actually constructive and informative Youtube comment section.
Carlos Rodrigues3 hours ago
Don't forget about us, modders o;

Overhype Studios1 hour ago
Definitely on our radar!

Markus Kaiser16 hours ago
No Map editor options or random maps with different sizes?

Overhype Studios
12 hours ago
No options for that, sorry. But worlds will be completely new each time you start a new campaign.

Alex Sanagustin14 hours ago
I personally think that lowering the mercenaries's morale for a few days or even weeks when they receive permanent injuries would add a more realistic and invigorating experience to the game; it would make the mercenaries seem more human. You could even add a feature where they get depressed and you have to take them to a monastery to cure them; or something along those lines.

Last edited:

SmartCheetah

Arcane
I hope the game sells so well that they will continue to add stuff, maybe make some kind of expansion or DLC pack et cetera.
Seriously, I'm willing to pay another 20$ for an expansion with even more mobs, battle scenes, variety of options and modding support. This game is totally worth it.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The game is 1% short of overwhelmingly positive steam user reviews. Smash that like button and subscribe Leave a good review if you liked it pals.

This game is how Early Access should be, every time I think I'll never try EA again something like this happens :negative:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
The game is 1% short of overwhelmingly positive steam user reviews. Smash that like button and subscribe Leave a good review if you liked it pals.

This game is how Early Access should be, every time I think I'll never try EA again something like this happens :negative:
Let me do my duty.

Andnjord

Arcane
I hope the game sells so well that they will continue to add stuff, maybe make some kind of expansion or DLC pack et cetera.
Seriously, I'm willing to pay another 20$ for an expansion with even more mobs, battle scenes, variety of options and modding support. This game is totally worth it.
Same here, heck I already dumped more into the supporter edition. It's quite impressive what they have achieved, not only it manages to achieve that holy grail of game design of simple yet deep gameplay but they've also managed to infuse it with charm, personality and style with what are ultimately cute little busts hacking each others to pieces.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Some ain't happy:

Ultimately, the reviews made me buy this game. I came expecting something similar to Darkest Dungeon without the beautiful art and voice acting. What I received was a shallow, repetitive, and frustrating game that fakes difficulty with impossible encounters. DD has meaningful RNG that can be surmounted (I've beaten it on NG+)- this game legit fed my army to slaughter several times without me being able to counter anything. This is, for the most part, because the game simply does not have customization. It is a husk devoid of all things that make tactical RPGs great.

:D

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone that played DD enough to beat also NG+ and claims that any other game can be more repetitive is straight up bullshiting us.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Man DD is a game of grinding. You repeat the same 4(5 eventually) dungeons repeatedly until you eventually kill all their different levels of the same bosses and minions.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
To each his own. I just thought it was funny that he thinks the game is repetitive with fake difficulty and RNG while praising DD.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom