Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community The Age of Incline: RPG Codex's 2012-2016 GOTY Results

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Edit: Damn. Now I know why you are so butthurt. Cause I did link your Steam account to the codex :) Fucking low life.
:D :D :D

You really are a retard. You made a collage out of my posts (which span from late 2015 to late 2016) and made a thread about me. Shortly after your fellow cultists joined the fun. How is that relevant to Underrail subforum? Looks to me you're either a fag or a stalker.

Please give me examples where I shilled for Underrail or shut the fuck up. I'm waiting.
lol
And by the way Goral if you wonder why I started this thread then the last question should have clarified that for you. We all know you are butthurt because Underrail won rpgcodex top in front of AoD which is simply irrelevant in the real world. However the fact that you advertise AoD shamelessly on most Underrail Steam threads and you actively persuade people to buy AoD instead of Underrail is a behavior worth of contempt and denotes unbound pettiness.
Now look at the bolded statement and at:
felipepepe - Once again fucking up a poll results. He doesn't care as long as the 1st place is correct.

Oh, the irony. Even funnier, look at the dates of my posts, how could I have been "butthurt" about a poll which didn't even exist? You're seriously delusional. And yes, I am saying that Age of Decadence is better than UR because it's a fact and I've been saying it from the moment I've tried both demos/EAs (there should be an even older post about UR but I'm too lazy to look). I'm a conservatist through and through, I do not change my opinion easily. Nonetheless my opinion did change about UR to more positive (even counting DC), hence me praising UR in various threads (also on Steam). You just blew out of proportions what I said because you're an UR cultist. And I mean it. You've based your whole post on me criticizing Deep Caverns area which you also think is a crappy area :D. You've assumed I've had some kind of a meltdown (lol) even though I've ended my post about it with: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...awakens-released.105387/page-151#post-4319112
All in all I would rate the game 7/10 and only because it had strong moments. But the end was so annoying that I almost forgot why I even reached that point.

Now compare it to what you've said about DC:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...-awakens-released.105387/page-95#post-4304443

How delusional is that? You've basically said the same thing, e.g.:
Anyway, Deep Caverns is one of the most idiotic dungeon areas ever designed.
the only difference being you don't like Age of Decadence.

I can only laugh here but if you weren't trolling and had a meltdown like this you really need to see a doctor.

P.S.
As for more examples where you shill for UR, the most recent one is your reaction to Rougey's opinion about Underrail.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...awakens-released.105387/page-246#post-4947212
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...awakens-released.105387/page-247#post-4948980 (at least you had the decency to admit that you were wrong though)

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Problem:

This guy (Goral) is an idiot. Ignore him.

Answer:

Edit: Damn. Now I know why you are so butthurt. Cause I did link your Steam account to the codex :) Fucking low life.

You really are a retard. You made a collage out of my posts (which span from late 2015 to late 2016) and made a thread about me. Shortly after your fellow cultists joined the fun. How is that relevant to Underrail subforum? Looks to me you're either a fag or a stalker.

Please give me examples where I shilled for Underrail or shut the fuck up. I'm waiting.
lol
And by the way Goral if you wonder why I started this thread then the last question should have clarified that for you. We all know you are butthurt because Underrail won rpgcodex top in front of AoD which is simply irrelevant in the real world. However the fact that you advertise AoD shamelessly on most Underrail Steam threads and you actively persuade people to buy AoD instead of Underrail is a behavior worth of contempt and denotes unbound pettiness.
Now look at the bolded statement and at:
felipepepe - Once again fucking up a poll results. He doesn't care as long as the 1st place is correct.

Oh, the irony. Even funnier, look at the dates of my posts, how could I have been "butthurt" about a poll which didn't even exist? You're seriously delusional. And yes, I am saying that Age of Decadence is better than UR because it's a fact and I've been saying it from the moment I've tried both demos/EAs (there should be an even older post about UR but I'm too lazy to look). I'm a conservatist through and through, I do not change my opinion easily. Nonetheless my opinion did change about UR to more positive (even counting DC), hence me praising UR in various threads (also on Steam). You just blew out of proportions what I said because you're an UR cultist. And I mean it. You've based your whole post on me criticizing Deep Caverns area which you also think is a crappy area :D. You've assumed I've had some kind of a meltdown (lol) even though I've ended my post about it with: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...awakens-released.105387/page-151#post-4319112
All in all I would rate the game 7/10 and only because it had strong moments. But the end was so annoying that I almost forgot why I even reached that point.

Now compare it to what you've said about DC:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...-awakens-released.105387/page-95#post-4304443

How delusional is that? You've basically said the same thing, e.g.:
Anyway, Deep Caverns is one of the most idiotic dungeon areas ever designed.
the only difference being you don't like Age of Decadence.

I can only laugh here but if you weren't trolling and had a meltdown like this you really need to see a doctor.

P.S.
As for more examples where you shill for UR, the most recent one is your reaction to Rougey's opinion about Underrail.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...awakens-released.105387/page-246#post-4947212
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...awakens-released.105387/page-247#post-4948980 (at least you had the decency to admit that you were wrong though)

qed

Arthandas

Prophet
How did Lightning's ass not win...!

:negative:
If only the XIIIs were released in the opposite order...
uqbfUP7.png

Mareus

Magister
You haven't paid enough attention, this time he's arguing against someone who says Wizardry is not an RPG.

I saw that alright and downboated Mareus accordingly. LK is still a sperg, tho.
Funny. You obviously havent read a word I said. I never claimed Wizardry is not an RPG. I said I dont consider early ones RPGs, due to their exclusive focus only on combat. W7 and W8 are rpgs imo. Now if you disagree with that, thats fine. Just dont strawman my position. As for Lutker King... yeah... he is a dumbfuck.

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
It may shock you to find out that Dungeons & Dragons didn't have dialogue trees either.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I think we all can agree that the biggest crime the graph indicates is the lack of people who played Rance VI.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
He wrote Onda's Gift, loser.

He didn't write any of the quests or characters in Ondra's Gift though. I believe VD specifically called out the brothel quest as one of the dumbest in the game. :M

Jazz_

Arcane
Speaking of rt popamole.. I'm having more fun with Bloodlines than any "Age of Incline" game I've played including D:OS, AoD, and VS:T. It's buggy, the publisher rushed the release, it was made during the depths of the Decline, it checks all the wrong boxes (according to my own standards!), yet it's a better RPG in almost every way. Something's wrong with this picture.

Genres and classifications are useful for separating "serious games" from shovelware, but secondary to the question of "is this game any good?" And nobody is doing an adequate job of classifying and rating games. "Game critics" are too busy analyzing what games mean and whether the SJW hivemind agrees. Reviewers are asskissers. Polls and ratings and crowdfunding metrics are dominated by fanboyism. There are a few standouts like RPGCodex and ChristCenteredGamer (seriously) but when overall mediocre games like PoE and D:OS get the overwhelming support that they do... there's a ways to go.

Lol are you seriously being apologetic about liking Bloodlines more than AoD? AoD is a decent indie game blown out of proportions in here because VD is a longtime member/ex mod and he's got a bunch of obsessive autists shilling and sucking his dick 24/7. Any Troika game shits all over the top 5 of this supposed ''incline'' list.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Bloodlines is great and one of my fav RPGs, definitely top5, but let's face it, it was very flawed too. Man, two street cities, weak combat, not enough story branching, le spooky effects, tape recorder journals, the fucking sewers, rushed ending...

AoD is the only game that went full in with the stat check dialogue branching story, and this is something people here have wanted since Fallout came out (remember, that series that's the #2 AND #3 RPGCodex game of all time?). So no, it's not blown out of proportion, it's a one of a kind game. With great writing and no filler to boot. Now you can argue about personal tastes, but you're just trying to be edgy right now.

Also:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Bloodlines is great and one of my fav RPGs, definitely top5, but let's face it, it was very flawed too. Man, two street cities, weak combat, not enough story branching, le spooky effects, tape recorder journals, the fucking sewers, rushed ending...

AoD is the only game that went full in with the stat check dialogue branching story, and this is something people here have wanted since Fallout came out (remember, that series that's the #2 AND #3 RPGCodex game of all time?). So no, it's not blown out of proportion, it's a one of a kind game. With great writing and no filler to boot. Now you can argue about personal tastes, but you're just trying to be edgy right now.

Also:
A) The writing is certainly not "great" - it's clunky and feels like it was translated from Russian or some other Slavic language. B) That is certainly not the game /everyone/ wanted, just people who really like C&C and stat checks, which admittedly is quite a few here.

But by no means are you mandated to like it if it's not your cup of tea. It's certainly not mine.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Jasede
Yeah, but I was responding to the guy that said that people liking AoD have "blown the game out of proportions", are doing it "because VD is a longtime member/ex mod" and because we're "a bunch of obsessive autists shilling and sucking his dick 24/7".

That is certainly not the game /everyone/ wanted, just people who really like C&C and stat checks, which admittedly is quite a few here.
Indeed. Quite a few here know what an RPG is.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
YOU ARE A PIECE OF SHIT RETARD.

Let me educate your ignorant ass for a moment then.

This is no "secret horror story" coming up only now from "recently reviewed secret papers" or whatever. It's been common knowledge for years.

And furthermore, those camps were set up by the communist terror machine and the local equivalent of the KGB - most of the people responsible for managing these camps were folks who came straight from Russia too. Some nice "Polish nationalism" you've got there.
No it wasn't. That's bullshit and don't blame this on Russia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salomon_Morel

salomon morel, the most polishest stock you could find in the hyper-nationalist people's republic of poland

and that's just one of many scumbags with exactly the same or similar backgrounds

And now we all discover that Jews were Literally Russians too same as Ukrops who blew up Potato Cemetery and are dotting Ukraine with Bandera Statues and SS Galizien signs; stay tuned folks for next episode of tales from:butthurt: Belt; Season 1000 and 60: ''Polant Dindu Nuffin it was the Putin green men''
Salomon Morel

Born November 15, 1919
Garbów Poland
Died February 14, 2007 (aged 87)
Tel Aviv, Israel
Citizenship Polish, later Israeli
Occupation Colonel at State Security Services (Urząd Bezpieczeństwa)
Known for Commander of Zgoda labour camp

Yes Polish Jew born in Potato, Died in ITZrael and was never in Soviet Union or working for them is now Russian. You dont need made this shit up Comrades. +M

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Jasede
Yeah, but I was responding to the guy that said that people liking AoD have "blown the game out of proportions", are doing it "because VD is a longtime member/ex mod" and because we're "a bunch of obsessive autists shilling and sucking his dick 24/7".

That is certainly not the game /everyone/ wanted, just people who really like C&C and stat checks, which admittedly is quite a few here.
Indeed. Quite a few here know what an RPG is.
Well, it's certainly not C&C and stat checks unless you want to exclude blobbers and rogue-likes, the oldest, most venerable RPG genres...

I mean... Wizardry 1 - not an RPG, no stat checks in dialogue. No C&C...
Witcher? Does that even have stats?
Rogue - there's stats and combat but no stat checks...
Knights of the Chalice (one of the most celebrated RPGs on the Codex) - not a single stat check in the entire game, it's all combat...

See, your definition is wrong.
Thus we must ask ourselves:
What is an RPG?

Last edited:

Freakydemon

Educated
Am I the only one who is still wainting for fucking results without Poles?
Codexian Brotherhood of Incline, Blood and Honour approved RPG ranking when? We need the facts people. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom