Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Baron Dupek

Arcane
P.british face, p. sure he will have british accent.
They censored his face yet his face is on the monito :laugh:
remind me that photo of naked chick, who got photoshopped face (like every photomodel since PS is a thing) and there was mirror with real face

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
Some CP2077 themed claystatues are apparently being made. If that's supposed to be some CE trash, good luck getting it out of the box in one piece. Nice handywork, though.

14051684_976281779137874_125655614465149878_n.jpg

14089281_976934349072617_4344926123657834277_n.jpg
13958018_1191698337538127_5468946934000410691_o.jpg

industryworkhopinlondon.jpg

Gm9GP2q.jpg

Keppo

Arbiter
found this, pretty old because old W3 logo, so probably 3 years old but still i didnt saw this.

"KEY POINTS FOR CYBERPUNK 2077 FROM CDPR":

• RPG, NON-LINEAR GAMEPLAY

• TACTICAL MODE

• TWO SANDBOX ENVIRONMENTS

• STREETS OF NIGHT CITY

• INTERACTIVE NON-LINEAR SCENES

• LOW-LEVEL, QUEST BASED STORY

• HI-TECH AND CYBERWEAR

• BRAINDANCE

ssRl0sm.png

FROM LEDDIT.

i hope that they vision didnt change much.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077/cyberpunk-2077-vehicles

Cyberpunk 2077 development in full swing, will feature "planes, bikes and robots" that you can pilot

Update September 5, 2016: Development for The Witcher 3 studio's next big RPG, Cyberpunk 2077, is well underway, according to a post from developers CD Projekt RED.

Because CD Projekt is a publicly traded company, they are required to answer any shareholder questions. There's even a thread for just this in their official forums.

Spotted and translated by NeoGAF, one poster asked the developers how many people were working on Cyberpunk 2077.

"In your recent presentation you have mentioned that there are over 100 people working on Gwent," said the poster. "I understand that the remaining employees work on CP2077 (minus tech support for TW3)."

A reply from the studio said: "There are currently more game developers working on Cyberpunk 2077 than on The Witcher 3 in its most intensive month."

The reply lines up with previous comments from the studio, suggesting Cyberpunk 2077 will be bigger and better than The Witcher 3.

This follows the recent job postings, looking for people to design the game's driveable vehicles, as seen below.

Original Story August 29, 2016: There's not much information out there about Cyberpunk 2077, the next game from The Witcher 3 developers, CD Projekt RED. The developers have been content so far with suggesting it'll be bigger and better than their last big game, but new job postings hint that it'll be a very different beast.

CD Projekt RED are currently hiring for a couple of jobs based around designing vehicles for the near future RPG.

The first of these is for a senior vehicle artist, who will be responsible for the visual side of the game's different machines. "As a senior vehicle artist," says the job posting, "you will be responsible for modelling incredibly complex vehicles, planes, bikes, robots and mechanics."

The Polish studio are also hiring for someone to take care of the gameplay side of things, suggesting the player will be able to pilot and take control of the game's various vehicle types. "The person in this position will cooperate with gameplay & level designer teams to create the whole architecture of vehicle related code," the job listing says, "and the physics of driving / flying in those vehicles."

Hopefully CD Projekt RED learned a few things from Roach, your horse in The Witcher 3, who has a fondness for turning upside-down and performing all kinds of weird, unexpected behaviour when faced with a hill. Judging by the massive leaps of improvement between their games so far, though, CD Projekt RED will absolutely nail it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If anyone can pull off sci-fi Grand Theft Auto with role playing, it's the Poles.

At the very least they're going to smash Andromeda.

Rev

Arcane
Or they would smash Andromeda if this wasn't going to come out years after it.
Andromeda's development seem to be troubled as well, though, considering the multiple delays and the fact that BioWare hasn't produced a single gameplay trailer three years after they announced the game.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane

RIP in pieces.

Keppo

Arbiter
At least he has experience with shooting mechanics, CDPR don't. Also, this game has already established vision, they are working on it since 2012/2013 so i dont think that any new developer will change or fuck up something in big way. Above him in design team are Mateusz Kanik and Michał Madej(Main Witcher 1 guy) as Design Directors so they are directing probably all design teams: gameplay,quest,level etc. not him.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's true that no new hires can possibly do a worse job than CD Projekt's current employees.

Keppo

Arbiter
It's true that no new hires can possibly do a worse job than CD Projekt's current employees.

Hmm, i think that they did very good job with Witcher series considering how much they were limited by books and lore in every aspect. Witcher books are just shit source to make a RPG, really shit. Adventure game OK, Telltale style game ok, action game ala batman ok. But not RPG.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Hmm, i think that they did very good job with Witcher series considering how much they were limited by books and lore in every aspect.

I'm referring to combat, which is some of the worst I've ever seen.

I'm not too far into Witcher 3 to make a proper judgment, but so far I don't like how fast and chaotic it is or how the ghouls in the first fight are so difficult to read e.g. http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com...Diary-It-s-Good-But-Not-Flawless-482056-4.jpg, practically camouflaged in the environment. As Witcher 2 made me appreciate DA2 all the more (speaking purely about gameplay), Witcher 3 (so far) does the same for Dragon Age Inquisition.

Keppo

Arbiter
Hmm, i think that they did very good job with Witcher series considering how much they were limited by books and lore in every aspect.

I'm referring to combat, which is some of the worst I've ever seen.

I'm not too far into Witcher 3 to make a proper judgment, but so far I don't like how fast and chaotic it is or how the ghouls in the first fight are so difficult to read e.g. http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com...Diary-It-s-Good-But-Not-Flawless-482056-4.jpg, practically camouflaged in the environment. As Witcher 2 made me appreciate DA2 all the more (speaking purely about gameplay), Witcher 3 (so far) does the same for Dragon Age Inquisition.

jup Witcher 3 main game combat has alot of problems in terms of ai, animations - it's unpolished and chaotic. They did improve this alot imho in both expansions, probably because scope is much smaller and they had more time, boss fights are more fun and AI patern mostly is interesting. But still the core of the combat is unchanged, because it cant be. Geralt is Geralt and this is it. In terms of design they were limited by lore which is very limited compared to Cyberpunk 2020 for example, but in terms of technical stuff they fucked up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom