Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No Man's Sky

vean

Scholar
Will take suggestions (recent) in the genre doe. I got a space itch atm it seems.

Kerbal Kommander?

Kerbal Kommander is a new way to play KSP based on a savefile, two parts, and a plugin. Instead of managing a space center, you play as Jebediah Kerman. You are a ship pilot who wants to create his own space company. This adventure takes place a long time after the normal game. All of the Kerbol system has been colonized so there are space stations around every planet. You will have to fly between the stations to earn kredits. You can use the kredits buy bigger ships or hire some crews.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com...7-113-kerbal-kommander-a-new-way-to-play-ksp/

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Black space + deep space mod

b0zSLgR.jpg

Yep mods gonna fix this

circ

Arcane
Will take suggestions (recent) in the genre doe. I got a space itch atm it seems.

Kerbal Kommander?

Kerbal Kommander is a new way to play KSP based on a savefile, two parts, and a plugin. Instead of managing a space center, you play as Jebediah Kerman. You are a ship pilot who wants to create his own space company. This adventure takes place a long time after the normal game. All of the Kerbol system has been colonized so there are space stations around every planet. You will have to fly between the stations to earn kredits. You can use the kredits buy bigger ships or hire some crews.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com...7-113-kerbal-kommander-a-new-way-to-play-ksp/
I want some pew pew though and without a million check lists before you lift off. Check lists yes, a million no.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Evochron series is done by just one guy I think. And it's funny how he manages to beat all these mid-large studios with much larger funding at their disposal.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Doing everything alone has advantages too, one is that he knows everything he wants the game to be and does not have to get his ideas through a comitee.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Rebel Galaxy, although having a great atmosphere and soundtrack, is going to be pretty disappointing to most given the 'broadside' combat and non cockpit view.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Rebel galaxy is also much more *pewpew* than the other mentioned titles. It's basically a broadside shoot 'em up but I found it more than satisfying for a single playthrough and the soundtrack is indeed a plus. A shame there's no proper endgame content, the only reason given to buy the heaviest vessels is basically just to Mwahahahahahaporize things faster than you can twirl your mustaches :(
Mid tier ships are more than enough to take on everything the game throws at you...

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
biggest meltdown and shit game in a while?
ut
Can somebody TLDR me why this game is causing outcry??

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
So if I want to get into a space-sim again, should I go Evochron or X3? I've played X3 Reunion loads (never touched AP or TC) but never played Evochron.

I'm also going to head back to ED.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Also, center of the galaxy for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. It's all kinds of dumb-fuckery.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Also, center of the galaxy for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. It's all kinds of dumb-fuckery.

This is probably the biggest joke and the biggest trolling ever in a videogame. It is similar to Molyneux's Cube game ending "which supposed to change your life" and in the end they scammed the poor fucker who reached the ending first.

biggest meltdown and shit game in a while?
ut
Can somebody TLDR me why this game is causing outcry??

The devs straight out lied about the features which the game doesnt have. Like, they said there is multiplayer, huge space battles, faction gameplay and shit, but there is none in the game. Plus shallow gameplay, and a technical mess.

i gave this a try, expecting nothing less than the most gigantic clusterfuck of shit i've ever seen.
oh boy, i was so wrong!
it's worse.
pure, absolute, distilled boredom with a bad interface and ugly graphics.

Latelistener

Arcane
So if I want to get into a space-sim again, should I go Evochron or X3? I've played X3 Reunion loads (never touched AP or TC) but never played Evochron.
The games are different, so you should play it and decide for yourself. I mean, one could spend a hundreds of hours on a proper space sim, so it wouldn't hurt to play a couple of hours to learn what kind of game it is.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Finally got my 48 slot ship, its fully upgraded besides 2 warpdrives, go out into space to fly back to the spacestation to get some parts and wooo, pirates attack!

I figured this is gonna be good! And bam, no aiming triangle or autoaim for my cannons, supposedly this is a bug and can't be helped in game.

Jesus, now I have to fix it with cheatengine or get another ship.

ortucis

Prophet
After my research, Fallout 4 is a better game than NMS.

If you have to spend money and have only these two options, now you know what to buy.

Morkar Left

Doing everything alone has advantages too, one is that he knows everything he wants the game to be and does not have to get his ideas through a comitee.

I have to agree but sometimes it can be the biggest disadvantage, too. It totally depends on the developer.
That being said the Evochron series is pretty good. If he gets the factions system finally right with enough diversification of factions and their offered jobs the game would be easily the best space sim available. Right now it can get repetitive and/or boring after getting the hang of it. In this regard it's similar to E:D except the game mechanics are less gringeworthy and the feeling of operating a space ship and flying in space is much better.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
nu-Elite is mmo poop and I read it's just as pointlessly repetitive as NMS.

Its Newtonian flight model and combat mechanics are top-of-the-line, though.

Always-online and the somewhat MMO-like aspects of the game are a grave disappointment though, yes. It's not an MMO though, not really, but it's tainted by the always-online design doctrine.

If your goal is to fight other players in ship-to-ship battles, it's pretty rad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom