Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Walking around in real life - The Pokemon Go thread

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I'm finding it more or less amusing. I will never pay for anything. Also I found out a shop owned by a friend of mine was not listed in game, and helped her to get it listed in game. Hopefully that might get her some visitors. :shittydog:

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Wow. Codex seems really angry at people going outside and having fun !
All those days I spent traveling to different locations in my city with my pokéballs while wearing my Ash Ketchum outfit, pretending to catch all kinds of Pokémon while everyone else just laughed and cringed at me because they saw an adult man in an anime outfit having the time of his life, only for this shit to happen. Suddenly it's become acceptable to walk to every corner of the Earth with your face glued to your phone like some goddamn brainless dependent corporate conformist drone poser autist sheep. Suddenly it's cool to sell your soul to a shitty shallow fucking app which does not represent the true and pure Pokémon experience at all, simplifying the elaborate process of catching a pokémon to merely tapping the screen until you catch it. Catching pokémon in Go is like striking another name off your list, there's absolutely no relationship to build up between you and your pokémon through harsh battles and adventures. It's barely even Pokémon.

All these fucking decadent soulless hollow fucking base poser conformists can only have fun with something only once everyone else is doing it, they have disregarded Pokémon for so long, yet only now it's cool again. Playing Pokémon on my 3DS causes people to give you funny looks while playing Pokémon on an Android emulator is somehow more acceptable. And then they excuse binding their corporate-produced phones in every part of their lives as if it were some kind of cyberpunk novel by saying that walking outside is good for your health, not withstanding the health risk of not paying attention to traffic! That you'll meet people with similar interest, which in this case is following the mainstream trend instead of actually being into Pokémon! So no, fuck you and all those other hollow people latching on to the newest trend to fill up the void in their souls. If this shit is what you call fun, then I'd rather sit here and suffer alone instead of being forced by society and corporations to like whatever inane shit is popular next.

---

Arcane
The hard life of a Pokémon gamer :obviously:

Pokémon GO addict stabbed while playing, refuses to get treatment so he can continue

A Pokémon GO addict risked his life to catch the animated creatures after being stabbed and refusing treatment so he could continue playing the game.

Michael Baker, 21, was out catching pokémon in Forest Grove Oregon at around 1am when he was stabbed.

He stumbled across someone he thought was another player, but when he asked him if he wanted to battle him, the stranger stabbed him in the shoulder.

"I saw him go by and asked if he was playing Pokémon GO. He was like "what?". I guess he wanted to battle because he came up at me with a knife," the Pokémon fan told FOX 12.

He said he didn't go to hospital because he wanted to continue catching the animated animals.

"Right after I was stabbed, I continued my mission to Plaid Pantry for my mission for chips and beer," he said.

"I basically risked my life," he added.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...abbed-while-playing-refuses-to-get-treatment/

Levenmouth

Cipher
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I am curious how long it will take for a Pokemon Go Plus knock-off to come out. Considering that all the device seems to do is blink an LED when it receives a certain signal from the phone and send an different signal back to the phone once you press the button, it shouldn't take long for AliExpress to start listing devices that do exactly that for significantly less than $40.

I am actually enjoying the game quite a bit, but it is entirely incompatible with my jogging routine. Not only does it not register me as walking because I am running too fast, it is also exceedingly difficult to keep turning the PokeStop signs, maintain the right heart-rate level and not run into trees all at once. Just having a button strapped to my palm would be quite nice. That being said, I am not too excited about the fact that it also seems to automate the catching of Pokemon to some degree. I thought that throwing Pokeballs was the whole point of the game.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
iSSWMEE.png

Misc really went down the toilet

I think I found jawbruh:

Norfleet

He stumbled across someone he thought was another player, but when he asked him if he wanted to battle him, the stranger stabbed him in the shoulder.
I'm kind of seeing it from the other guy's point of view, personally. Imagine you're going out for a peaceful midnight walk when some maniac suddenly approaches you and asks if you want to battle. Faced with an insane person who is now threatening you, what do you do? Stab him and run seems like a totally reasonable course of action!

lightbane

Arcane
I'm kind of seeing it from the other guy's point of view, personally. Imagine you're going out for a peaceful midnight walk when some maniac suddenly approaches you and asks if you want to battle.

Just like the games then!

6b42ab1f97a4f193caa5e7cd1aad3aae.jpg

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/artic...nd-quits-his-job-to-play-pokemon-go-full-time

This is getting bonkers. I mean, he wasn't CEO of Goldman Sachs or anything, but did anyone tell this guy that this is not going to enhance his life prospects? I can just see him trying to explain the year gap in employment history to prospective interviewers after he's done leeching off friends and family for a year. Mind you, 'guy quits dead end job to play computer games' is also a story that could have been written 10 years or so about WoW, so I guess there's nothing new under the sun.

'Obsessive's gonna obsess' I suppose. I can identify with that, but ffs people, retain some grip on reality please.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom