Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ah the VR things i see in the screenshot with the hologram LEGO blocks? what's all that are about anyway

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
So Bethesda's official mod hub for consoles comes very soon. Have they sorted out their community yet? Or will it take someone ignorant downloading a mod that bricks his console for Bethesda to become aware?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
It will be shitstorm on every level possible.

From, Manners, technical, QA, to thr hub service itself.

Remember when the meteor killed the dinosaurs? It will be like that, there will be giant crater with nothing but dust of regrets there.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
It will be shitstorm on every level possible.

From, Manners, technical, QA, to thr hub service itself.

Remember when the meteor killed the dinosaurs? It will be like that, there will be giant crater with nothing but dust of regrets there.

If it could possible wipe Bethesda of the map I would absolutely have no problem with.
Sometimes a 'species' is just doomed to extinction because it can just not adapt.

circ

Arcane
ah the VR things i see in the screenshot with the hologram LEGO blocks? what's all that are about anyway
Uh, it's like settlement building only even worse. At first I was like - ooh pretty colors. Second puzzle - yeah... ok. By the third I was bored off my nuts. Fourth and fifth made me want to cockslap Todd Howard across his face.

It's usually the same problem. Take Dragon Age Origins and its eh, semi-puzzle when you have to find your allies in the fade for the mage tower quest. It just. Drags. On. Too. Fucking. Long. I can't believe someone playtested this. Or if they did, they're fucking stupid.

As for Far Hahbah, which I just finished. Like completely - didn't bother with one side quest with some synth and some locked chest in the middle of shitwhere. Story isn't terrible. Far better than vanilla FO4. But a lot of stupid side quests really bring the quality and interest down. Also PC's sarcasm responses are a little on the retarded as fuck side, except for Red Death quest. CoA were decently written, but they're no closer to making any sense. Island beyond setting up some new settlements stays exactly the same. By the end Avery was still wondering if I was gonna do the right thing. Probably a bug, as the holotapes from Dima were still marked as quest items. Also the rewards were preeetty shit mang. Final loot reward was just random fucking ammo, piece of shit armor and pos weapon. Hooee. Also the perk rewards for the end quest are pretty shit too. Anyway, it's pretty different from FO4 but I don't really see any reason to revisit Far Harbor - unless you were stupid and built settlements in which case - lul have fun walking the fuck back to defend, oh wait, it's already over.

It's kinda similar to Dragonborn, well pretty much a clone, but DB was a lot more interesting - characters though Bethesda made, items, sights, dungeons whatever. Longfellow is the best companion though, I guess there's that? He's as shit in combat as the rest of them though, and his approval goes down every time you send him home. Hookay.

Also about Avery.
It sucks that you can either bring down Dima or Avery, not both. Even though you have all the required items.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
What?

you can tell sam fisher (watever the angry weapon vendor's name was) that avery is a robot and he goes nuts and shoots her, then runs off to kill all other robots in acadia.

circ

Arcane
Yeah I know that. That's why I said you can't do both. If you reveal Avery, you can't get DiMA killed and I thought that was bullshit. You have all the evidence about Avery being a synth, but after picking another option it locks you out. Why? Not good writing that's what.

orcinator

Liturgist
Well I done met my match. Fuck you Shipbreaker. I can nae do eet cap'n. I had some trouble with some quest called The Hold Out? Kept getting swarmed by trappers but it worked itself out. Maybe I should bring a weapon with a faster fire rate next time. But this Shipbreaker nigga. Just you wait, Imma eventually come back with a pimped out missile launcher. See how you like them apples.

Nigga, it's a large monster with no ranged attack, even if its pathfinding doesn't break, defeating it is trivial, though it will take a lot of ammo.

The process of finding it is the thing that made me give up, had to use the console to see if it actually has some gimmick that makes it ineffective to use the same tactics you use on all the other melee beasts (it doesn't).

Last edited:

circ

Arcane
It's a large monster that once it sees you is fast as shit and has such a powerful melee attack on survival that it will kill you in one hit. Actually I think it almost killed me - crippling me, and when I stimpakked and ran the fuck away it got me with the second hit every time. So yeah. Finding it wasn't hard the first time, but when I tried to find it later the radio signal went up to 96%, but I never heard the ping on the radio channel, just static and never found it again. Shrug.

orcinator

Liturgist
It's a large monster that once it sees you is fast as shit and has such a powerful melee attack

if only there was some way to make it not so fast

but when I tried to find it later the radio signal went up to 96%, but I never heard the ping on the radio channel, just static and never found it again. Shrug.

Apparently it glitches out if you don't defeat it before it fucks off

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Shamus and his crew are LPing FO4, it seems:

I won't be posting all of these, but it might be fun to watch.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Someone has posted the problem with Mods on the console atm,

https://community.bethesda.net/thread/20822
  • Authors are not identified anywhere when viewing mods on consoles
  • Descriptions can only be read four lines of medium-small print at a time
  • Mods can be rated by people who haven't even used them. This is vulnerable to abuse
  • We can report mods, but cannot specify a reason for reporting them
  • There is quite a few mods with copyrighted content in them
  • Category system is worthless because there's nothing to counter users who miscategorize their files
  • There is an intense lag spike when a mod finishes installing in the background, which can lead a user to think the game has crashed
  • The loading screen with the ToS warning on it? We can't back out of that. If it hangs or something goes wrong, we need to restart the game
Some good words from that thread

We have to manually manage load orders, we don't have access to debug logs, and I'm not sure that you've given console players access to the command line debugger (at present we'd need a USB keyboard to use it anyway). In other words, safe installation isn't automated, and we have no tools with which to detect or intelligently resolve problems.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, lets shit on PC where modding comes from. If I was a modder I would never ever publish anything on their service.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
50x traffic because obviously no one is going to use their shitty site when we have nexus for pc.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
But this isnt a brand new rollout, it has been like this for several weeks since the PC beta. Some things have been improved on but all of these issues have been mentioned before by many people. Either they are not a priority for Bethesda or they are being actively ignored because these things have not been changed since PC beta. The mod author names being absent and rating/reporting system are HUGE sticking points, the first of which could be fixed in about an hour of work or less. Not to mention this entire website is still complete ass and has more bugs than a African refugee camp. I still cant reply to individual posts, it just redirects me to a page that doesnt load completely. Now when I view my favorited mods there are blank spaces creating gaps in the list, and some will not even appear until I refresh the page several times. Is this site still in Alpha or something? Its been over a month and every tweak breaks more and more things that are never addressed. They just move on to the next DLC or beta release which gives them more issues to fix, because every Bugthesderp release is a buggy mess.

Good job Bethesda, you make another reason for a modder to not release a mod for console.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Modders are fucking delusional if they think they can get access to debug lines, command lines or anything on the sort on a fucking console.

You need a devkit for that stuff, this is only for simple mods, anything that requires something means the modder is either shit and over complicates things or their mod isn't meant for consoles. simple.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
welp, another shitstorm.

peasant steal a mod from a modder (because the modder won't port it to consoles) and claim it as his own, the mod break saves, and now he admit he stole it and blame the original modder.

Cj8eamAWgAAeF4y.jpg:large

the world has ended, everyone died and we're all in hell right now.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
welp, another shitstorm.

peasant steal a mod from a modder (because the modder won't port it to consoles) and claim it as his own, the mod break saves, and now he admit he stole it and blame the original modder.

Cj8eamAWgAAeF4y.jpg:large

the world has ended, everyone died and we're all in hell right now.

The creator response from that post

The whole story

sK9YDZo.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom