Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paizo Publishing sends 'heart warming' response to transgender fan

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
LOL WOMEN AM I RITE GUIZE

dSwIYqg.jpg

Jonathan Wojcik

Literate
Can you upload your own avatars here? Cause someone just sent me my real face copy/pasted over an MSpaint caricature of a hermaphrodite and it'd be perfect.

I don't even know where they found the photo they used, I have no idea when or where I uploaded it so it's some impressive detective work for a one-off joke.

That's the worst straw man I've ever seen.

Please re-learn the definition of "straw man" while you're re-learning the definition of "censorship" since what I used is actually called an "analogy" and is an acceptable conversational tool. It is also an accurate analogy. Telling someone that they're being an asshole is never a violation of their freedom of expression.

Respect has to go both ways; if someone shows up being a dick to other people who didn't do anything to them, then nobody is under any obligation to respect their "opinions." It's not violating their free speech, it's just treating them exactly proportionate to their conduct.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Can you upload your own avatars here? Cause someone just sent me my real face copy/pasted over an MSpaint caricature of a hermaphrodite and it'd be perfect.

No, only RPG avatars from our gallery (thank God). The DarkUnderlord may take pity on your soul and hermaphrodite you up if she feels, but his whims are dark and full of terrors.

Jonathan Wojcik

Literate
I'm not seeing any indication you're taking my advice and learning what "strawman" means, I am disappointed in you.

King Arthur

Learned
You have shat on my couch, metaphorically speaking, for the last time, Jonathan. From this point onwards I will never respect your "opinions" again.

Servo

Arcane
It's just absurd to cry "political correctness run amok" over something perfectly natural in the real world and not remotely out of place at all in a fantasy setting.

correctness run amok" over something perfectly natural in the real world and not remotely out

something perfectly natural

We're talking about trannies rite?

Edit: Also Paizo confirmed as a bunch of trannies.

Yg Masin

Novice
Hey ya'll. This is my first post here. I am an outsider. An n'wah. I apologize in advance for speaking my mind in a place where I'm probably not welcome, especially with such an entrance, but hope that you might hear my words.

Why are so many of you up in arms that a transgender person recieved a small amount of love from a good company? Why does it have to be part of some sort of conspiracy theory about SJWs invading your turf?

I get that diversity for diversity's sake is pretty dubious; and I understand that social pressure to add things like this to a game can produce some thin results (although I would argue that the social pressure towards the historical status quo is far, far stronger than anything an "SJW" could accomplish), but that's not what I'm trying to talk about here. I'm talking about basic acceptance, humility, empathy. Lighten up, the world will still turn if there are two pages in a random sourcebook that don't obey your apparently fragile gender binary, and your games will roll on if there are some different types of people at the table. It's the same attitude as the those fools who think that every gay man is a pedophile or out to fuck *them* in particular. There is no need to feel threatened. RPG culture has a long history of accepting those shunned from society in some capacity. At a moment in history when there is an insane amount of targeted violence against transgendered people, these souls need a reprieve. Give the kid a break, your clubhouse will be intact yet.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Get out! We don't like queers here, newfag!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom