Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Lets just get serious from now on and just stop politisc in discuss... ending this lp like this would just make a joke of all the good writing that was put into it by treave.

Absinthe

Arcane
I'm all for amusing options, but voting for the dumbest option out of a sense of disaster tourism... that's a bad way to go.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The Shaolin Gauntlet V

“What is it?” Yunzi’s demeanour is challenging and hostile as you walk up to her. “Don’t you have a gauntlet to complete?”

You scratch at your brow, wondering how to go about this. In part, seeing her standing there like that made you feel a bit guilty about sending her ahead, but would it mean anything to try and make up for that now? You shake your head lightly. “No. I mean, yes. I just thought it would be rude to leave my partner behind.”

She narrows her eyes suspiciously, glaring at you. “Very funny, Xu Jing. I made the mistake of leaving you behind, yes. No need to rub it in, partner.”

“You don’t want to continue the fight, then? I mean, it’s a shame, all this power I borrowed from the elders… I might not even be able to use it all…” You turn away, letting your words trail off.

When you take a quick peek back, Yunzi seems to be thinking about it quite seriously. “I’m not going to beg-“

“I’m offering it. Because I’m sorry.”

“When are you ever sorry?”

“I am now. I should have let you know upfront that you were just fodder, bait for them to waste their strength on.”

“Funny, I was planning on having you do the same. I just didn’t think you would fail to catch up to me.”

“I didn’t fail, I let you go ahead. Now I’ll need you to go up there and block that bald muscle-freak’s blows for me. You have potential as a human shield, so you are going to take my qi whether you like it or not and put it to good use.”

“Weren’t you offering it freely?”

“I changed my mind. You are more useful than I realized.”

“…the second… no, third thing I’m going to do after restoring myself is to make you eat dirt. Alright, give it to me, if you are prepared for the consequences.”

You step forward, preparing to transfer your qi into Yunzi. A sudden, inexplicable impulse strikes you as you lay your hands on her shoulders, and you lean in for a kiss.

The whistling of the air warns you to duck as Yunzi’s arm sweeps the space where your head had just been.

“W-w-what are you trying to do, you brute?” she shouts.

“It’s the most efficient way to transfer qi,” you say lamely.

“Who are you trying to kid? Xu Jing, you-“

“He’s right, young lady.” One of the elders interrupts, a beatific look on his face. “It is the best and quickest way, though of course forbidden to us monks. Go on, please. Do not mind us. We will just be here like we aren't, more ethereal than the whispers of the wind. Our gaze is as nothingness. It will not matter.”

“The elder is right, mistress.” Armaiti sees fit to add to the discussion, a grin on her face. “If you’re serious about winning, this is the best way to go about it.” You look at Qilin and Cao'er - Qilin flashes you a quick smile and a nod, as if to say, "Go for it."

“I… I see.” Yunzi takes a deep breath once, twice, and looks down at the floor. "That makes sense, right?" she whispers. You cannot see her face clearly, but the tips of her ears have turned rather red. Without even giving you a single glance, she says, “O-okay. Just make it quick.”

You put your hands on her shoulders again, using Wuxiang Qiankun to synchronize your breathing and qi with hers, but this time it feels different. You hesitate. You have second thoughts about this. Now that you think about it, you are not sure why you tried that method in the first place, and if it is the right thing to do-

Yunzi’s hands fly up to your cheeks, grabbing them hard, and pull you down.

You do not resist.

When it is done, she wipes her lips, glaring scornfully at you. “You were taking too long, you idiot! I said to make it quick, didn’t I? Did you enjoy having me stand there, embarrassed, on purpose?”

Turning away in a huff, Yunzi runs up the stairs to face the final challenge. You slap your heated cheeks and go after her – you won’t be letting her get first dibs at battling the Abbot.

You arrive at the top of the pagoda together with Yunzi, and the audience follows shortly after. Abbot Fangci is sitting in the middle of the empty floor, his legs crossed and his hands placed together in a calm meditation pose. He appears to be snoring.

“Perhaps we can get the jump on him,” whispers Yunzi, and you nod.

Still, an eye flicks open as you approach cautiously. Not so off-guard after all. “Here sooner than I expected, and with company too. I thought you would have reached the final stage alone.”

“I’m like a rabbit, Abbot. I’d die of loneliness.” You stop a few arm’s lengths away from the Abbot, waiting for him to get up. He does so, but sluggishly, as if awakening from a long slumber. Drawing up to his full height, he stretches his arms, joints popping loudly.

“Under the skin of the rabbit lies a ferocious tiger, I feel.” His stance is calm yet powerful – the Abbot’s confidence seems unshaken by your arrival here. “How will it be? One at a time? Or do you plan on attacking me together?” Fangci’s question is as directed to you as it is to Yunzi, who has circled around behind him while you stood in front of him.

Yunzi’s answer is quick and simple. She attacks, her fist hurtling towards the back of the Abbot’s shaven head. He steps aside, the passage of her arm barely grazing his ear, and swiftly brings his elbow up behind him and into her abdomen. Seeing the move coming, Yunzi spins in mid-air, avoiding the worst of it. Before she has landed, you have already moved forward, attempting to strike the Abbot while his attention is still on her. Your claws swing towards him, but he has read your intentions and strikes your arms with his own; the power behind his blows push your attacks away, rendering you unable to land a clean hit.

With a shout, Yunzi leaps off the floor right upon landing, throwing a powerful spinning kick towards the Abbot’s neck. At the same time, you unleash a quick flurry of claw attacks, attempting to overwhelm him. His expression changes: he blocks your first three moves but not the fourth, as he is forced to defend himself from Yunzi’s kick. The Abbot’s right hand flies up – grabbing her ankle before the kick lands – while your fingers graze his raised left forearm, leaving behind nothing more than red welts as you scratch his skin. You prepare to follow up your attack with the powerful Bloody Diamond Horn – perhaps that will be sufficient – but a curtain of cloth blocks your view.

Fangci spins rapidly, his cassock floating into the air, as he sends Yunzi swinging into you. You manage to catch her in your arms and not with your face, the force of the Abbot’s swing sending the both of you hurtling backwards. Stamping your foot down, you stop your momentum, the wooden floorboards cracking loudly. As the dust settles, you see the Abbot looking at you with eyebrows raised: “Is that all?” his expression seems to say.

“How long are you planning on holding me like this?” mutters Yunzi quietly.

With a quick apology, you release her, though the outburst you are expecting from her does not come. Instead, she says, “How are we going to approach this? He is not an easy target. He has not even exerted half of his power, I would say.”

You have to agree. “I guess we will have to continue fighting together. One of us will have to lead, while the other keeps up and responds. Fangci is too sharp to leave any flaws for us to exploit if we do not cooperate that way.”

“I agree. I should lead. You just need to keep up with me.”

Then, you realize that the both of you have reached a point of contention: she wants to lead. So do you.

A. You allow Yunzi to lead. You would fare better using your strength at opportune moments, waiting to strike precisely when she opens up holes in Fangci’s defence with her agility and speed.

B. You insist on leading. Your greater strength allows you to go toe-to-toe with Fangci, at least more successfully than she would, and pry open his defence upon which her greater speed can exploit it.

C. You use Wuxiang Qiankun and fully attune yourself with Yunzi’s qi and movements. Once you have slipped into her flow, the two of you might be able to move as if you are one mind in two bodies. It is something untried, something that Xuezi spoke of only in passing, but perhaps it would be a superior form of teamwork.

Last edited:

Ifeex

Augur
While I would like a duel with the Abbot more, I approve of this development.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I have read all the posts in last 50 (well truth to be told, in every) pages but I'm too lazy to brofist the brilliant ones individually so here is one fist for you all! :bro:

Esquilax

Arcane
(fight and choice comes tomorrow, because I wasted time on the A update due to flip-flopping :x)

Bro, that update was many things, but a waste of time it was not. It was glorious.

“Who are you trying to kid? Xu Jing, you-“

“He’s right, young lady.” One of the elders interrupts, a beatific look on his face. “It is the best and quickest way, though of course forbidden to us monks. Go on, please. Do not mind us. We will just be here like we aren't, more ethereal than the whispers of the wind. Our gaze is as nothingness. It will not matter.”

“The elder is right, mistress.” Armaiti sees fit to add to the discussion, a grin on her face. “If you’re serious about winning, this is the best way to go about it.” You look at Qilin and Cao'er - Qilin flashes you a quick smile and a nod, as if to say, "Go for it."

Unsurprisingly, the Elders who are the same generation as the perverted late Abbot Fangzhang, and Armaiti, come together as the best wingmen we could ask for. :salute:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

When we're done we ought to buy everyone here a drink.

Kipeci

Arcane
That was far, far too close, goodness. It's good that some semblence of sanity prevailed.

Of all the ways for this to turn out, I hadn't quite considered that absolutely everyone else would be encouraging this. Another :bro: for this glorious passage!

asxetos

Augur
Was your original kiss scene planned like this treave or did this come after the discuss!? great update, didnt expect it to go so well tbh.

Baltika9

Arcane
Is there anyone in the Frathouse Generation who isn't a complete degenerate? :lol: But seriously, thanks to our new bros and Armaiti.

And I don't regret a thing about that Zhang Jue Ending, I would have been content to leave the LP there.

Fangshi

Arcane
So we blew our one chance at true love?

:negative:

Ah well Jing will just have settle for his harem of beautiful women... it won't be the same though... it won't be the same...

Esquilax

Arcane
Is there anyone in the Frathouse Generation who isn't a complete degenerate? :lol:

Miecao seemed to be a moderating influence on their wacky antics.

Abbess Miecao slams her palm on the table, cracking it. “That is very much enough out of you idiots,” she says coldly. “Can we get to the actual topic of discussion now and stop shaming yourselves in front of those who are supposed to look up to you?” You think it is a little too late now for them to regain any form of dignity.
“Fair enough, fair enough,” he sighs. “The problem is, I put all our winnings into your next match.”

“Great. Did you bet with Abbess Miecao this time?” you groan.

“Oh, no. She wouldn’t take a bet nowadays, and she said that even if she did, she would be crazy to bet on Yifang against you. Apparently it’s not a matter of skill, but she thinks you are just naturally the worst match-up for that girl.”

She may have had a wild past, but unlike the rest of the Frathouse, I think she gave it up for good. They were a bunch of filthy, whoring degenerates... and I miss them so much. :(

What's the chance we'd get a Frathouse Gaiden prequel update, showing the adventures of Big Wang, Abbot Fangzhang and Master Qi in their youth on a road trip?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Well, isn't everyone glad I saved them from embarrassment, heartbreak, and being Zhang's boy toy? No?
Oh. Right. :codexisfor:

seriously awesome update tho. couldn't have worked out better. imo, that is...

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
So much has transpired that I cannot properly comment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom